• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortyme

I did hahahahaha

oh my, and he owns a wine farm.
KuGsj.gif

pirlowine-2.gif

wtf is a wine farm?

omgkitty

Agree with all of that. Don't think Vermalen or Podolski will leave though.

If Wenger doesn't sign a DM and a striker this summer i'll lose it. It's horrible that I am this nervous he won't.

Look on the bright side, if Barcelona decide to sell Cesc, it's highly likely it will be back to us :D No fucking way he'd ever sign for Man U.

wedward

Look on the bright side, if Barcelona decide to sell Cesc, it's highly likely it will be back to us :D No fucking way he'd ever sign for Man U.

Yeah, I think we would get him if he is available.

That may be incredibly naive and I may be setting myself up for heartbreak but fuck it.

Welcome home Cesc.

We will definitely 100% sign a striker.

It would be gross negligence not to.

DM, however, is more unlikely.

Definitely. I think we will get a DM. He has bid on Bender the past 2 summers. We were interested in Gustavo and Gonalons. I think he knows he needs to replace Arteta. It was pretty obvious this season.

All about finding the right player I guess. I am sure he would prefer Martinez or Bender, but I think Schneiderlin would be a great fit.

Salvadora

Definitely. I think we will get a DM. He has bid on Bender the past 2 summers. We were interested in Gustavo and Gonalons. I think he knows he needs to replace Arteta. It was pretty obvious this season.

All about finding the right player I guess. I am sure he would prefer Martinez or Bender, but I think Schneiderlin would be a great fit.
It's all it is though, bids.

Get the feeling that if Wenger was really serious about it, we'd have someone, anyone.

We had Perez on trial last summer and the fleeting glance that I saw of him looked promising. Shame about the work permit stuff.

wedward

It's all it is though, bids.

Get the feeling that if Wenger was really serious about it, we'd have someone, anyone.

We had Perez on trial last summer and the fleeting glance that I saw of him looked promising. Shame about the work permit stuff.

I don't think he would bid if he wasn't actually interested. I mean sure it was obvious we weren't going to get Bender with those low balls, but it shows that he is actually interested in a DM.

I think he probably thought Arteta had a few more seasons in him. I mean he signed Flamini so he knows we need a DM. Flamini was ok this season, but he isn't good enough against the better clubs.

Schneiderlin would be absolutely perfect for us. He knows the PL and wouldn't take long to get up to speed with the pace of the PL, unlike Bender or Martinez. He's 24, a lot younger than Arteta and he's also French, which Wenger likes ;)

DO IT WENGER.

Salvadora

I don't think he would bid if he wasn't actually interested. I mean sure it was obvious we weren't going to get Bender with those low balls, but it shows that he is actually interested in a DM.

I think he probably thought Arteta had a few more seasons in him. I mean he signed Flamini so he knows we need a DM. Flamini was ok this season, but he isn't good enough against the better clubs.
This is going to sound awful, but I'm still not really sure what Flamini does.

Like, I'm aware of what he theoretically brings to the table. But usually I'm left without much of an impression bar a few rash tackles.

wedward

Schneiderlin would be absolutely perfect for us. He knows the PL and wouldn't take long to get up to speed with the pace of the PL, unlike Bender or Martinez. He's 24, a lot younger than Arteta and he's also French, which Wenger likes ;)

DO IT WENGER.

Knowing Wenger he is going to get the deal all set up for Schneiderlin and then have his head turned by Bender or Martinez.

Waste the whole summer chasing those two only for their clubs to raise the price.

He'll then go back for Schneiderlin but it will be too late and he will be having his balls checked by the Napoli doctor when Wenger rings him.

This is going to sound awful, but I'm still not really sure what Flamini does.

Like, I'm aware of what he theoretically brings to the table. But usually I'm left without much of an impression bar a few rash tackles.

Attempts to win the ball back and then passes it to a better player.

His defensive contributions are better. Works damn hard. Yells a lot.

Scum

#DatAVB #BasedGazprom.

Speaking of Gazprom they just signed a 400 billion deal with China. Suck on that Woodward!

Good God! 😨

DO IT WENGER.
How much will he go for though? £20m??

Kyoufu stole my TLoU scoop and tweeted it as his own.

The cunt.
looooooooool

LegoArmo

Can I get like 20s on Southampton to be relegated next season?

They probably have enough good youth prospects, and the Championship sides are always shite, but still, worth a punt?

Knowing Wenger he is going to get the deal all set up for Schneiderlin and then have his head turned by Bender or Martinez.

Waste the whole summer chasing those two only for their clubs to raise the price.

He'll then go back for Schneiderlin but it will be too late and he will be having his balls checked by the Napoli doctor when Wenger rings him.

:lol this is absolutely going to happen. Book it.

How much will he go for though? £20m??
Well, I signed him on FIFA for £10m plus Arteta :p

The Netherlands export for 2.3 billion Euros worth to the UAE every year.

Now they're going to boycott us because of Geert Wilders. Good job Geert. You've potentially cost our country 2 billion Euros.

Zambrotta wrote a book, in which he says some stuff about Allegri:
@Milanello said:
Zambrotta: "We lost the Scudetto in 2012 because of Allegri’s mismanagement of the players. A coach must have all the players on his side. In a decisive match, Allegri clearly said that even if he only had 14 players on his side then it would be the same for him."

I looked at Ibra and said 'what is this guy saying?' And in the end, we lost the scudetto (in 2012). After we were trailing 3-0 at half-time vs. Arsenal, Allegri said "well done, guys." And then Ibra got angry and almost got into a fight with Allegri in the locker room."

So yeah, well done Max.

wedward

Draxler is the sort of signing we should go for after we've signed a RB, striker, DM and CB.

Then and only then.

How great would it be if they announced a signing before the World Cup?

Other teams do it. Why can't we. Just something to settle the nerves.

Aurier. Do it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I look forward to seeing how Liverpool do with a league full of teams that park the bus next season, having watched every team and their mother do it to United this season it can get dispiriting. Shame is we used to be able to deal with it but now the other team ends up scoring their 2 chances on the counter and we cant get 1 :(

Yen

I look forward to seeing how Liverpool do with a league full of teams that park the bus next season, having watched every team and their mother do it to United this season it can get dispiriting. Shame is we used to be able to deal with it but now the other team ends up scoring their 2 chances on the counter and we cant get 1 :(

It seemed like every team in 11/12 did this to us, because we were so crap and just couldn't score goals. We'll be better prepared this time!

They are only playing 80 minutes in the U-17 match. Now in injury time; close to penalties.

Edit: Penalty time. Who is worse at penalties, the English or the Dutch?

England Score.
Dutch Miss.
England Score.
Dutch Score.
England Score.
Dutch Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom