• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Amy Lewis
‏@SkySportsAmy
Dimitry Seluk says Yaya Toure will want to stay at #mcfc if they offer him a coaching role

FrenchGrizzledBushbaby.gif

LOOOOOOL
Christ

dc89

Dimitry Seluk says Yaya Toure will want to stay at #mcfc if they offer him a coaching role

He says "players are like children, they like lots of attention"

He says there have been no offers from other clubs because Toure has three yrs left on contract...

https://twitter.com/SkySportsAmy

---

Fuck me. NOW I'm done.

Edit:
Y viva. Y u do dis. I was copy and pasting if all.

Jarnet87

He says "players are like children, they like lots of attention"

He says there have been no offers from other clubs because Toure has three yrs left on contract...

https://twitter.com/SkySportsAmy

---

Fuck me. NOW I'm done.

Edit:
Y viva. Y u do dis. I was copy and pasting if all.

3 years from now it'll be a Giggs vs Toure managerial battle in the Manchester Derby. Who would of thought.

Meier

Amy Lewis
‏@SkySportsAmy

First Ryan Giggs fucks us when he's a youngster and goes off to United. And now his player coach role has fucked us again. We're like his brother's wife.

Pavlov

Banned
Can't help but be bewildered at how much faith fellow united fans are putting into Van Gaal. It's more understandable than when they did it with Moyes I guess...

The main thing his backers say is how he won the CL with Ajax once in the mid 90s. Well done and not something to dismiss but at the same time this was when only champions could qualify and foreigners were limited. That young Ajax side was of such golden generation proportions that even now casual fans could name most of the team. For me it'd take a bad manager to stop that side winning rather than the other way round.

His record in the CL has been abysmal since then. Group stage exits with Rivaldo/Figo era Barca, His Bayern did make it to the final once but that was very much down to luck as United fans will remember (United greatly outplayed Bayern but Rooney getting injured and Rafael getting sent off enabled them to sneak it on away goals).

Then there's AZ. HE WON THE DUTCH LEAGUE WITH AZ. Then Steve McLaren won it with FC Twente! :dream team:

Most of the football world has been in agreement the last 15 years not to rate too highly what's achieved in the eredivisie because Suarez apart, they're almost never the same when we bring the players/coaches over to England.

Before AZ he managed Holland and somehow finished 3rd in the WC quali group behind Ireland, not even making the playoffs.

But despite all this carry on (and you certainly will) posting your Van Gaal gifs and serenades to his football "philosophy"

The parades of 2010 seem to be the most popular source of images. Notice how if these images were in book form, you'd turn a few pages and see Klopp's Dortmund smashing his Bayern to pieces and getting him the sack?

That's the reality I'm afraid, and most of you would do well to join me in it.

/United fan whose head is above sand

dc89

my bro is watching a Watch Doge (Xbox 360) stream. Game sounds a mess.

He said cars don't appear to take damage when they crash. Holy shit.

wedward

Can't help but be bewildered at how much faith fellow united fans are putting into Van Gaal. It's more understandable than when they did it with Moyes I guess...

The main thing his backers say is how he won the CL with Ajax once in the mid 90s. Well done and not something to dismiss but at the same time this was when only champions could qualify and foreigners were limited. That young Ajax side was of such golden generation proportions that even now casual fans could name most of the team. For me it'd take a bad manager to stop that side winning rather than the other way round.

His record in the CL has been abysmal since then. Group stage exits with Rivaldo/Figo era Barca, His Bayern did make it to the final once but that was very much down to luck as United fans will remember (United greatly outplayed Bayern but Rooney getting injured and Rafael getting sent off enabled them to sneak it on away goals).

Then there's AZ. HE WON THE DUTCH LEAGUE WITH AZ. Then Steve McLaren won it with FC Twente! :dream team:

Most of the football world has been in agreement the last 15 years not to rate too highly what's achieved in the eredivisie because Suarez apart, they're almost never the same when we bring the players/coaches over to England.

Before AZ he managed Holland and somehow finished 3rd in the WC quali group behind Ireland, not even making the playoffs.

But despite all this carry on (and you certainly will) posting your Van Gaal gifs and serenades to his football "philosophy"

The parades of 2010 seem to be the most popular source of images. Notice how if these images were in book form, you'd turn a few pages and see Klopp's Dortmund smashing his Bayern to pieces and getting him the sack?

Buzzkill.

MrKaepora

ng2542225.jpg

Marco Silva has been officially announced as the new Sporting manager. I didn´t want Jardim to go but Silva seems like the perfect fit for us right now. It also means that rvy used to have Sporting´s new manager as an avatar, which is kind of hilarious.

And we will stick with Jesus. Fuck!

Elchele

damn. a man utd fan who actually uses his brain instead of reading the sun. welcome!

I agree with most of your points, but I think van Gaal will be good for Manchester United in a short time of period (1 season and half max). He will promote young players and clean house, something he's really good at it. The rest has a lot to do with luck, it will be an interesting experiment for sure and a much better option than Moyes ever was

pappe

After the season we have had the only way ahead is up.

Van gaal is what we need coz we need to shuffle everything and LVG is the man capable of it with a proven track record.

Derp1na

Banned

Uyzdxlu.gif

Tc91

He was on some mission chasing a guy in another car, pulled up infront of him to block him off and the enemy pushed his own car into him.

He just went straight through the car. Doge pls.

Everyone knows it will be short lived.

Just have some fun.

Scum

He was on some mission chasing a guy in another car, pulled up infront of him to block him off and the enemy pushed his own car into him.

He just went straight through the car. Doge pls.
Bloody hell. Reviews for this is tomorrow, right? Hoooo boy!

WE'RE DOOMED

Wilbur

Banned
Let's go through this

Not many did put faith in Moyes though (I did tee hee)

He had to promote the youth and then coach them. Good players do not just win things by themselves. See Liverpool's improvement, or Atletico's season, and of course our horrific downturn in performances. It was absolutely not a foregone conclusion that they'd win what they did regardless of who was in charge.

And Jupp's Bayern almost got knocked out by Arsenal. Mou's Inter got away with an offside goal against Barca, same as Dortmund last year. And Ovrebo... Luck will always play a factor in things like the CL. It does not diminish the achievements.

And both are good achievements.

That doesn't mean that, comparatively speaking, winning the league against the likes of Ajax and PSV isn't a good achievement.

And then ten years later with a weaker squad absolutely demolished what wasn't a weak group by any stretch of the imagination.

We normally just post the gifs.

Klopp's Dortmund have proven themselves able to smash Jupp's and Pep's Bayern, as well as Mou's Madrid.

Let's see what happens first before we start clanging the bells of fucking despair, eh?

L1NETT

Watch Dogs might be like Assassin's Creed where the first one is a bit ropey and the second one irons out the issues to make a great game

GQman2121

Banned
my bro is watching a Watch Doge (Xbox 360) stream. Game sounds a mess.

He said cars don't appear to take damage when they crash. Holy shit.

What do you expect on a system that has 1/12th the RAM that is required to even load the game on the PC?!

Irrespective of its quality, Ubi are so fucking huge that they have to release the game on every platform available to make it worth their time.

Batman look ace though. And I have no doubt that the re-release of TLoU is going to be excellent.

Elchele

Hopfner compares Kroos case with Ballack's. Looks like they are just going to let the contract runout. (this will be on -print- Kicker tomorrow)

fuck off Vize-Toni. Pierre-Emile is better anyways

L1NETT

And then the rest of them are also shit

I loved two and brotherhood. Don't like any of the rest.

II and IV are good

rest of them blend into a sort of Ubi boredom soup

Unity looks rubs. French Revolution is fucking boring history. Gimme Vikings vs Christians or Aztecs you french fucks

There is one, but he's currently on holiday with Coleen.

phahha

Some great quips today.

*applause

A bit ropey? The first AC is complete bullshit. You literally see everything the game has to offer you in about forty minutes. It's a glorified tech demo for what would become the second game

Eh i bought it for the price of a sainsbury's pizza (fucking rip btw Hitch) and thoughts it was ploddy but the actual assassin missions are jolly good fun.

Wilbur

Banned
Hopfner compares Kroos case with Ballack's. Looks like they are just going to let the contract runout. (this will be on -print- Kicker tomorrow)

Why doesn't Kroos want to sign a new contract? Is it really just money?

You'd think a young German international would want to carry on playing for Bayern, of all teams.

GQman2121

Banned
Watch Dogs might be like Assassin's Creed where the first one is a bit ropey and the second one irons out the issues to make a great game

A bit ropey? The first AC is complete bullshit. You literally see everything the game has to offer you in about forty minutes. It's a glorified tech demo for what would become the second game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom