• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nampad

Fuck Calhanoglu, Leverkusen and Voeller. Don't want to hear those Werksclub bastards cry anymore when Bayern buys their player.

Reading an old interview with Brendan:

Kinda weird how it's turned out. He seems to have dropped the endless passing philosophy, but it's cost us a lot of goals as we've failed to keep a clean sheet between the 70th and 90th minute by getting caught too open. Got a lot of work to do regardng changing our tactics on-the-fly

FuturusX

If someone offered me 10 million for GAF I'd take the money and run.

10 Million isn't really that much money in the grand scheme of things..I can see why you might hold out for a better deal.

But then again sometimes you gotta take the deal. Remember when Google offered Digg $200 Million. Ended being sold for just $500,000 a few years later.

Meier

But then again sometimes you gotta take the deal. Remember when Google offered Digg $200 Million. Ended being sold for just $500,000 a few years later.
I think that's down to reddit and alternatives just being better and the growth of Facebook and Twitter for link sharing. There isn't really anything at GAF's level in it's market. It's been a top dog for 15 years.

Jarnet87

I just played Everquest in HS basically. That was my existence. I kind of regret it but whatever, it is what it is.

I went to parties in college but they were usually a lot more grounded than that video. I think some of it is cultural. On average, it seems like Europeans and Australians just do more drugs and drink more than Americans.

Would replay EQ again 10/10 times, social life is overrated. Those EQ feels will never happen again. Would play from even younger ago to experience from vanilla.

My body is not ready to believe that we've not only signed Kroos, but that it might actually be official before the World Cup. A United signing has to take at least a month, and go through multiple stages of a deal being done, hit a snag, done, snag, etc.

He's so good. There's only City and Liverpool whose team he wouldn't improve in the league imo.

I'm honestly surprised he's scored 25. I knew he was scoring but that's pretty fucking brilliant considering he plays at Swansea.

Not sure I'd have him ahead of Rooney or RvP, mind. But I am impressed.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah MEN going in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ybn1NpSJ0

What the actual fuck is this?

Sam Neill and Tim Roth in a film about FIFA.

Just came to post that. Looks shite.

Bony scored 25 goals last season.

He's so good. There's only City and Liverpool whose team he wouldn't improve in the league imo.

I don't think he's that good. Like, arsenal and Chelsea need to aim higher. But he is very good.

Hixx

Yeah MEN going in

Just came to post that. Looks shite.

I don't think he's that good. Like, arsenal and Chelsea need to aim higher. But he is very good.

Obviously. But he is better than what they have, because what they have is average ;o

jtb

Banned
very skeptical of buying any player after just one season in a league or team. inflated price tag, high risk... better to just wait it out another season and get a better idea of how good that player is.

Mundo Deportivo are claiming we're trying to get Sociedad to knock €12m off of Griezmann's release clause (€30m) in exchange for removing the rights we have on Vela (sell-on and €4m buyout). The dream for me is Alexis Sanchez, but Griezmann would eat well playing ahead of Ozil and Ramsey. He's not much of a dribbler, but he's a fighter with bigger balls than Carlito.

Genuinely think a winger is more likely than a DM this window. Hard to see Arsene letting Flamini go this early. He should though.

Hixx

very skeptical of buying any player after just one season in a league or team. inflated price tag, high risk... better to just wait it out another season and get a better idea of how good that player is.

The thing with Bony is when I've watched him play he just seems so assured and experienced. It's not like Papiss Cisse where you're thinking "what a jammy cunt" half the time. He's just classy.

God I'm so annoyed that Swansea got Bony and we got Jozy.

edit

pls I am not saying Arsenal or Chelsea should buy Bony. I just said that he is better than what they have imo.

Wilbur

Banned
Obviously. But he is better than what they have, because what they have is average ;o

I don't think he's far far better than Giroud, who gets more flak than he deserves sometimes. He's better, but you'd need to spend 20m to get him out of Swansea right now. Might as well put that towards a 40/50m bid for someone like Benzema.

Oh no.

MEN, why.

I think we're getting Kroos now :(

Kroos is now a suggested Twitter search on my Twitter :( :( :(

why are you sad m8

Salvadora

Mundo Deportivo are claiming we're trying to get Sociedad to knock €12m off of Griezmann's release clause (€30m) in exchange for removing the rights we have on Vela (sell-on and €4m buyout). The dream for me is Alexis Sanchez, but Griezmann would eat well playing ahead of Ozil and Ramsey. He's not much of a dribbler, but he's a fighter with bigger balls than Carlito.

Genuinely think a winger is more likely than a DM this window. Hard to see Arsene letting Flamini go this early. He should though.
Getting Griezmann for £14.5m would be an absolute bargain.

wedward

Nah, hopefully Diaby is leaving so we can fill his spot with a new DM.

I'd love Griezmann.

jtb

Banned
it's important to remember Flamini was brought in as cover for the full back positions (lol) because Wenger was pushing Sagna as a CB. the fact that he's become a key player in our squad this season speaks to just how poorly balanced this midfield is.

if we get a DM, I wouldn't think of it as an upgrade over Flamini so much as an upgrade over Arteta. Arteta is borderline done—think he's got one year left on his contract and we shouldn't renew it under any circumstances. if we get Milner, I could live with that.

Marc

Remember when everyone thought Michu was the second coming and that he would be a top player for any club? Or Bentekkers for that matter. Or Ba/Cisse...

Steady on lads.

L1NETT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ybn1NpSJ0

What the actual fuck is this?

Sam Neill and Tim Roth in a film about FIFA.

Sam Neill's northern Irish accent (when he lays it on thick) and Michael's Smiley accent are the best

Do love a good Northern Irish accent.

--

Bony will be Benteke 2.0

I am 100%
not
sure

Remember when everyone thought Michu was the second coming and that he would be a top player for any club? Or Bentekkers for that matter. Or Ba/Cisse...

Steady on lads.

Firstly, don't think anybody said Michu could be a top player at any club

Secondly, injuries

Thirdly, he was never that good in the first place

Jarnet87

In before "Kroos could be announced as early as Monday".

kC9pcy1.gif

The classic United muppet tease.

Wilbur

Banned
Benteke has it in him to be exceptional; good goal scoring record even this season considering his injuries. Needs to prove he won't be a perma crock though.

Why on earth would Sociedad agree to that :lol

I mean it's probably not true but if Arsenal want him just pay it. £22m or so for someone of his ability is perfectly good value.

Hixx

Steady on lads.

Michu and Benteke have been injured for half of the season. It's unfair to say they've been flops this year.

Nee cunt thought Cisse was top class. I hope so, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom