• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no qualms against Cesc. He gave everything for Arsenal, and wanted to leave for his boyhood club.

Would be delighted if he came back obviously.

Marc

Nick Powell will send Mata to the bench by the end of the season, we all know it, I just have the balls to say it.

Zaha will fuck Coleen sensless and send Rooney into a granny binge, that's when he makes his move onto the pitch. Rooney looking for a shoulder to cry on finds Giggs... we all know what happens then. HIGH FIVE ZAHA!!!

my word, the lack of beating of my heart is now a serious concern.

I have zero faith in that film, everything I hear is like some crazy guy on the street was shouting it out.

Hopefully this is some kind of social experiment, the film fades in to Batman rolling up in his bat-scooter. Superman lands so hard into the ground it destroys a building, when he probably could have just like landed nicely. They stand their ground and stare at each other intently. They begin to run at each other about to lay the smack down when suddenly they meet in a warm embrace. This moment felt like forever as they stare into each others eyes, we then proceed to the most graphic gay sex you can imagine. Batman is of course taking cock like a pro, because he can take that burden for the people of Gotham. Supes is getting rough and can barely contain himself, he shoots his load and it flies out at lightspeed. Batman is left a heap of mush. Fade to credits.

hiroshawn

Banned
get.gif

A light drizzle is playing havoc with my Sky reception. £60 a month for this...

Intuitively I feel like all of Benteke's goals this season came in 2 or 3 little patches, and they weren't just patches where he was fit. Willing to be proved wrong on that one though. A goal's a goal, but a main striker with a tendency to go over a month without scoring is not ideal.

The Doctor is the secret best character in Deadwood. Kind of dreading the abrupt ending where it was cancelled. I want to look like Seth Bullock.

Remy v Bony - who wins?

Prefer Remy myself.

If I wanted goals, goals and goals I'd go for Bony. If I wanted someone to knit play up front, get the other attackers involved and stretch teams with clever movement, I'd go for Remy. Not much between them overall imo, depends what I'd want in the team

Think Arsenal need someone to do both, in which case Bony wouldn't be that much of an upgrade over Giroud, as he'd be more of a direct threat, but nowhere near as good as Giroud at getting the likes of Ramsey, Cazorla and Walcott on the ball in dangerous positions. If I was them, I'd prefer Remy.

In my opinion and from what I've seen, of course.

Wilbur

Banned
A light drizzle is playing havoc with my Sky reception. £60 a month for this...

Intuitively I feel like all of Benteke's goals this season came in 2 or 3 little patches, and they weren't just patches where he was fit. Willing to be proved wrong on that one though. A goal's a goal, but a main striker with a tendency to go over a month without scoring is not ideal.

The Doctor is the secret best character in Deadwood. Kind of dreading the abrupt ending where it was cancelled. I want to look like Seth Bullock.

Yeah the Doc is fucking brilliant. Ignore people who say it's an abrupt ending. Thematically it's absolutely apt.

Remy v Bony - who wins?

Prefer Remy myself.

Arsenal would be better off with Bony. Remy's just a Walcott like player.

valeo

Yeah the Doc is fucking brilliant. Ignore people who say it's an abrupt ending. Thematically it's absolutely apt.

Arsenal would be better off with Bony. Remy's just a Walcott like player.

Eh? He isn't like Walcott at all. He's good at playing people in and doesn't fall over at the slightest touch.

EmiPrime

Has Falcao's agent been making any noise? Surely he can't be happy playing in front of crowds of 8000 and winning nothing in a mediocre league regardless of wages.

It will be interesting to see where Cavani, Costa and Falcao end up.

K1LLER7

Bebe for 7, then for 70m+ to Madrid in 2 years.
He'll have to be the most expensive player ever, so 100m+

Why is he still playing for that team anyway? I thought his loan was finished and he was back at United. LVG better not sell him yet keep the likes of Young.

Not the most inspiring of sources tho. Wait for Ogden or Ducker.

Yup.

I wish we'd make a smart, low-key CM signing today. Someone like Schneiderlin. (Last season we could have got Strootman!) Instead, we're obsessed with big names and chest ability in midfield.

Pachimari

Has Falcao's agent been making any noise? Surely he can't be happy playing in front of crowds of 8000 and winning nothing in a mediocre league regardless of wages.

I honestly think they'll stay one more season at least. Costa will probably end up in Chelsea.

Lightning

Banned

Falcao has just had a serious injury that kept him out for half the season and the world cup. Not best for bargaining power.

Forget Falcao, why the heck is James Rodriguez in Monaco? Dude is one of the 5 best midfielders in the league and he's playing in fucking Ligue 1. Blows my mind

Meier

Isn't Rodriguez another one of those South American players who is owned by a third party?

I think Porto actually owned most of his rights. They sold him with Joao Moutinho (who I think is one of the best in the world) as a package deal because why not just completely gut your attack. Technically his price was made significantly higher than Moutinho's because Sporting had inserted a significant sell-on clause when they sold him to Porto. Pinto da Costa being the shrewd businessman/asshole he is had James' price increased and Moutinho's decreased to prevent Sporting from making as much.

I think Porto actually owned most of his rights. They sold him with Joao Moutinho (who I think is one of the best in the world) as a package deal because why not just completely gut your attack. Technically his price was made significantly higher than Moutinho's because Sporting had inserted a significant sell-on clause when they sold him to Porto. Pinto da Costa being the shrewd businessman/asshole he is had James' price increased and Moutinho's decreased to prevent Sporting from making as much.

I remember a couple of Porto fans in here rubbing that in Sporting's face, like they got one over on them.

Who's laughing now, bitches.

Randdalf

Reading these articles on the Guardian gives me confidence England will do more than flounder at the World Cup. Some of the stuff they're doing to train for the climate is insane.

Reading these articles on the Guardian gives me confidence England will do more than flounder at the World Cup. Some of the stuff they're doing to train for the climate is insane.

We can do everything to overcome every hurdle in our way, at some point we'll faceplant over the one marked 'Hodgson's philosophy, mentality and footballing inclination'

Unless he changes his thinking to suit our players, we have no chance whatsoever of getting to the semis imo. I'm not saying it'll happen if he makes said changes, but it'd make it possible.

I can easily see us losing to Italy and Uruguay without scoring a goal otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom