• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavlov

Banned
Idiotic daily mail and other shitty rag readers.

We gain so much from being in the EU. People are so uneducated why it is good.

Instead they just moan and whine about immigration, taking our jobs etc.

Let's be honest, they aren't 'taking our jobs' as the British people have never been interested in doing theses jobs for the amount of pay that is offered.

UKIP and other right wing nuts being anti EU make it very easy to position oneself for it but the EU is far from what it should be.

It's nothing like the federal europe its founders intended it to become and is mostly nothing more than a sideshow with each member looking out for its interests only.

The very fact it's a sideshow means the vote turnout is tiny, leaving only immigration obsessed racists to flood Brussels with parties like UKIP from Britain and Front National from France.

What's needed, and what it will work is a true and unified, United States of Europe.

With this all the horrible nationalism of europe would disappear, we'd become the #1 country in the world and parties operating across europe would make democracy and the wills of the european people much easier to implement.

King_Moc

Banned
The snobbery against UKIP voters is pretty horrible and does nothing to undermine them, just makes their opponents feel better about themselves. Also agree there should be a referendum on the EU but I'd vote to stay in.

The real problem with UKIP for me, and what makes them dangerous is that they pose as this anti-establishment, man-of-the-people type party when their policies would really only benefit a few at the very top of society (and not even all of them). Getting rid of maternity ffs? They're like a lot of the popular right in Europe that's growing at the moment, albeit with a Daily Mail, little England twist.

They're essentially ultra conservatives. I've no idea why anyone would vote for that.

I don't mind having a referendum on the EU, I'm just worried about people voting to Leave and it fucking everything up. It'll be especially painful when the same people moan about the consequences a few years later as if they weren't to blame.

King_Moc

Banned
What's needed, and what it will work is a true and unified, United States of Europe.

With this all the horrible nationalism of europe would disappear, we'd become the #1 country in the world and parties operating across europe would make democracy and the wills of the european people much easier to implement.

I very much agree with this. We need less walls. Arbitrary lines drawn in the sand hundreds of years ago shouldn't cause us to segregate from each other in the present day.

Not sure about a USoE.

I'm not nationalistic at all but it wouldn't be at all easy to govern that type of Union.

Labour will win the election anyway so we won't get an EU refferendum. Good job too - think we'd vote to leave.

King_Moc

Banned
Not sure about a USoE.

I'm not nationalistic at all but it wouldn't be at all easy to govern that type of Union.

Labour will win the election anyway so we won't get an EU refferendum. Good job too - think we'd vote to leave.

I've got a horrible feeling that people will vote Conservative. After all they've done to fuck over minorities. People will just think, "well, I was fine".

Nicktendo86

I've got a horrible feeling that people will vote Conservative. After all they've done to fuck over minorities. People will just think, "well, I was fine".
What have they done to fuck over minorities?

Edit: not saying they have not BTW, genuinely curious if you could provide some examples.

Carbonox

Not sure about a USoE.

The thought of Ed Miliband on live TV in debates with intimidating heavyweights like Putin makes me laugh so much.

Ed Miliband reminds me of Adam Sandler's Waterboy.

Nah. They just about scraped into power at the last election and it was more or less an open goal.

George will try to fill our pockets at the budget but I don't think it'll be enough.

Then we get Labour incompetency back. Yay!

Damn just heard about Lennon. I hope we get a worthy successor odds on favorite to take over is Larrson. Thank you Neil.

Neil-Lennon--007.jpg

L1NETT

If Scotland become independent we are gonna get stuck with a fucking Tory government. Help

On UKIP. They want to privatise the NHS, increase military spending, reverse gay marriage and god knows what else.

Also they don't actually do anything in Europe, and if we do leave what happens to all the ex pays living abroad. This whole immigration thing is a two way street

King_Moc

Banned

Edit: not saying they have not BTW, genuinely curious if you could provide some examples.

When I say minorities, I actually meant the disabled and benefit claimants (just realised I basically made it sound like ethnic minorities). I mean stuff like introducing benefit caps (regardless of whether the family needed it or not), Not giving benefits at all to the under 25's, the bedroom tax (literally trying to force poor people to move if they'd been given a house that was too spacious for then). They've cut this stuff everywhere.

I'm all for weeding out the cheaters in the system, as they are utter cunts, but reducing it for everyone is not really on.

The worst things for me though is the stealth selling off of chunks of the NHS, and the clear setting up of excuses to do more in the future by setting unreachable targets.

Oh, and changing their logo to a tree and then instantly trying to sell off all the forests when they got in. Literally unbelievable.

Pavlov

Banned

Having created a cost of living crisis, partially privatised the NHS, sold off the Royal Mail, done nothing to solve home ownership, raised tuition fees and scrapped EMA, brought in 'free schools' 'zero hour contracts' and lots of other bad things that effect most people then a fairer description would be of a party who fuck over the majorities

The former is still true though, be foreign, unemployed or disabled and you've been very much under attack from this government.

King_Moc

Banned
Nah. They just about scraped into power at the last election and it was more or less an open goal.

George will try to fill our pockets at the budget but I don't think it'll be enough.

Then we get Labour incompetency back. Yay!

The income tax cut has all been a smokescreen, but it's one that people are falling for. Wages have gone up lower than inflation, while pretty much every cost I have (and vat) have all risen. The few quid I've saved in income tax has been accounted for many times over by increased costs.

Nicktendo86

Having created a cost of living crisis, partially privatised the NHS, sold off the Royal Mail, done nothing to solve home ownership, raised tuition fees and scrapped EMA, brought in 'free schools' 'zero hour contracts' and lots of other bad things that effect most people then a fairer description would be of a party who fuck over the majorities

The former is still true though, be foreign, unemployed or disabled and you've been very much under attack from this government.
Cost of living crisis is a Milliband phrase which doesn't mean anything, NHS needs reform, RM sold cheap yes but labour tried to privatise it too, tuition fees were introduced by labour and cost increase is unfortunate but needs to be paid for somehow (wife is a graduate, she didn't even know how much her loan was) EMA should never have been introduced, I got it college and shamed to say spent it all on beer and videogames, free schools are a good idea in principle, zero hour contracts account for a TINY amount of new jobs and even labour MPs who oppose them employ people on them.

They have increased the personal allowance, frozen council tax, cut fuel duty, the idea that they sit in a tower thinking of ways to fuck over the little man a bit more just doesn't ring true.

Caroline Wozniacki @CaroWozniacki
It's a hard time for me right now.Thanks for all the sweet messages! Happy I support Liverpool right now because I know I'll never walk alone.

Bloody hell haha.

Salvadora

Scholes' comments on Rooney are quite interesting.

Says he peaked at 26 and questioned whether England would drop him.

He's right about both.

LegoArmo

Conflicted over Lennon. Was probably the right time for him to go, did some amazing things at the club (last 16 of the Champions League, qualifiying for the group stages consistently), but Celtic should have won more domestic cups, and looked like they weren't motivated at all on occasion when coasting the league. Can't really blame them though.

I think he's an okay manager, but I don't think he'll be an instant success wherever he goes, still young though, and still learning. Wish him luck.

LegoArmo

To be honest, I'd have walked when the board didn't offer Samaras a new contract, too. The Greek God is probably what made going to work every day worth it.

Messi

How does Bundesliga GAF feel about Ter Stegen? I don't know much about him and YouTube videos can make anyone seem great...see Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom