• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Bundesliga GAF feel about Ter Stegen? I don't know much about him and YouTube videos can make anyone seem great...see Neymar Jr.

The best transfer you've done in the last don't know how many years.

Unless you also sign someone like Pepe Reina and bench ter Stegen after his first mistake, you have a top keeper for the next 15 years.

Kiraly

PxydroR.jpg

Milch, is Ter Stegen better/worse/as good as De Gea? Both now and potential wise?

I haven't seen that much of de Gea this season to be honest. I'd say de Gea is a bit ahead at the moment, mainly because he's that bit older. Potential wise, it's hard to say. Ter Stegen could be one of the best keepers around, de Gea is up there as well.

Thats good to hear, the last few months with pinto took years off my life.

Well, it might take him some matches to get settled. See the games he played for the national team, not all that great. But if you stick with him, you'll be glad to finally have a good keeper in your team :lol

Marc

I very much agree with this. We need less walls. Arbitrary lines drawn in the sand hundreds of years ago shouldn't cause us to segregate from each other in the present day.

There are a load of reasons to segregate populations, don't be daft. If all of France decided to live in Brussels it would turn into a hellhole. Not to mention language barriers, cultural barriers etc.. Again, I take it you never lived in these kind of areas. Having serb-bosnian families at each other, should have just realised we have all moved on now.

That's essentially the problem, a lot of people decided to live in cheap area's and turned them into hellholes. That is not because all those people are scum of the earth or anything, its just logistics. The poor area I lived in I got on very well with a polish family as an example, on the other hand you had flats with 20 people living in them to afford to live on shit wages and would disappear every 2 years or so as they went back home. This is with off the book renting, cash in hand for the owner to avoid rules/tax/fee's.

Take it you are voting lib dem or labour then? As if they don't have similarly disgusting policies/behaviour. Especially Labour.

Although I agree with you on Rooney FAAATHER. :D

GorillaJu

Arsenal have first refusal and I think they would be crazy to pass that up to United.

Every 'reliable' journo I've seen mention this alleged option have dismissed its existence entirely. Methinks it's a rumor that Arsenal conveniently haven't denied to keep the fans from getting too upset.

Nicktendo86

Wait so the kroos deal is done? Daily mail (I know, lol) saying it is down and are a out to make a move for roben.

All hail Bayern united!!!

King_Moc

Banned
There are a load of reasons to segregate populations, don't be daft. If all of France decided to live in Brussels it would turn into a hellhole. Not to mention language barriers, cultural barriers etc.. Again, I take it you never lived in these kind of areas. Having serb-bosnian families at each other, should have just realised we have all moved on now.

That's essentially the problem, a lot of people decided to live in cheap area's and turned them into hellholes. That is not because all those people are scum of the earth or anything, its just logistics. The poor area I lived in I got on very well with a polish family as an example, on the other hand you had flats with 20 people living in them to afford to live on shit wages and would disappear every 2 years or so as they went back home. This is with off the book renting, cash in hand for the owner to avoid rules/tax/fee's.

Take it you are voting lib dem or labour then? As if they don't have similarly disgusting policies/behaviour. Especially Labour.

Although I agree with you on Rooney FAAATHER. :D

Well, people wouldn't just up sticks and move. Europe's had that option for years, and very few have actually done it. Language and cultural barriers are very temporary problems as well, people have gotten over them in the past and will do again.

I actually used to vote Lib Dem, up until they got rid of Charles Kennedy. I'm basically forced into voting Labour nowadays, which I don't like either. I'd like there to be a party whose politics sit just left of centre. The Tories have done a good job over the years convincing people that that's unthinkable though.

Salvadora

Every 'reliable' journo I've seen mention this alleged option have dismissed its existence entirely. Methinks it's a rumor that Arsenal conveniently haven't denied to keep the fans from getting too upset.

Mate, I'm pretty sure Wedward posted a quote from Wenger last summer confirming its existence.

Wait so the kroos deal is done? Daily mail (I know, lol) saying it is down and are a out to make a move for roben.

All hail Bayern united!!!
Miggy D said the basics are agreed with Kroos. Actually getting Bayern to sell and then seeing if Kroos is willing to follow through will be a lot harder to do.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
whatever happened to just saying "No"

Sao Paulo’s President has made clear, in an offensive way, that the club are not interested in selling Paulo Henrique Ganso to Napoli.

The 24-year-old had been linked yesterday with a potential summer move to the Vesuviani, but his current club’s President has hit out at the suggestion and used an offensive stereotype to make his point.

“What if we were to receive a large amount of money from Napoli? Not even all the money from the Camorra is enough to take him away!” Carlos Miguel Aidar has commented on Radio Jovem Pan this week.

“We are not interested in selling, our club is seeking reinforcements for the championship and I am not interested in money.

“The value that is specified in his contract is €25m, then they must provide a written offer as well as guarantees of payment.

“With all due respect to Napoli I do not think that they have this strength. The Camorra now don’t have that power.

“It is unlikely that he will leave Sao Paulo, even more so having returned to his best.”

Wilbur

Banned
That didn't happen, the closest Rooney came to it was a double brace in 2009/2010 round of 16. Manchester won in San Siro 2-3 and 4-0 in England.

Rivaldo is the only player to ever score a hattrick against us in the CL, back when he was in Barcelona.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of. He was great in both legs though.

Lightning

Banned
It's being dismissed because Cesc can easily say no to Arsenal making it irrelevant. Wenger, Sid Lowe among others have all confirmed its there though.

And of course Arsenal would need to fork out €40m for a player we don't really need. Another reason why it's being dismissed.

Wilbur

Banned
Too great. Although all of that team was great, Rooney, Park, Scholes were incredible in the Old Trafford match. We also had a weaker team, we couldn't really stand a chance.

Park was ultimate big game player. Loved him.

Gonna be so weird that neither of us are in the CL next year!

Pavlov

Banned
That didn't happen, the closest Rooney came to it was a double brace in 2009/2010 round of 16. Manchester won in San Siro 2-3 and 4-0 in England.

Rivaldo is the only player to ever score a hattrick against us in the CL, back when he was in Barcelona.

Kinda sad how you signed the three R's one after the other at about 1/20th of their former powers. Least' you got a glimpse.

GorillaJu

Just before a fucking huge clap of thunder it was like a flash bang went off in the office. Weird.

Same here, just had a nasty storm pass through. Always like it when the lightning cracks instead of booms.

Phil Kirkbride ‏@philkecho 36分

Further reports emerging that say Suarez's surgery has been a success and that he will be sidelined for 2-3 weeks. Awaiting confirmation

I have no idea how legit this is, but could be good news.

Barzul

Arsene Wenger confirmed it, fuck whatever a journo says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom