• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Raphael Honigstein @honigstein

Pep still wants him to stay but Bayern haven't improved their contract offer (says president Hopfner in Kicker): looks like Kroos will go

WJD

Gone off Kroos a bit since seeing him play against us but I wouldn't be lying if I said I'd still be absolutely ecstatic if we signed him.

We'd still be in desperate need of another top midfield signing, but it'd send a message.

Jack cw

Pep still wants him to stay but Bayern haven't improved their contract offer (says president Hopfner in Kicker): looks like Kroos will go

Hopfner aslo references Ballack in that case. So, Bayern either sell him for 25 million or he goes for free in 2015.
Welcome to Bayern Munich, Cesc Fabregas...

K1LLER7

Tottenham-Hotspur-FC-Courting-Louis-van-Gaal.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Referees’ Association President Marcello Nicchi “Action replays in a match situation isn’t real football. We all dream of seeing Monica Bellucci naked, but don’t want to see her x-rays.”

oh my my, and that's coming from the big cheese of all people

shut down Serie A already

no wait! Can we keep the mental managers and club officials?

Sinisa Mihajlovic “A stadium without fans in the Curve is like a woman without breasts.”

Blablurn

Gone off Kroos a bit since seeing him play against us but I wouldn't be lying if I said I'd still be absolutely ecstatic if we signed him.

We'd still be in desperate need of another top midfield signing, but it'd send a message.

If he goes to Manchester he would be a vital addition to your team. I'm talking goals and assists. He's not a defending midfielder. That could be Fellainis job.

Fellaini and Kroos. Sounds good but it won't win you a Champions League due to the lack of pace. But Kroos would fit into Van Gaals possession based system.

Carbonox

http://tulo.3cdn.net/bb911e8cfce3a9b3ca_mlbrq2dye.pdf
http://tulo.3cdn.net/52402af80e13c83d92_mlbra2ebq.pdf

Section 3.1 and 3.2 of the above. Horrific stuff. Section 8 for the race stuff. It actually mentions the discrimination against the indigenous male (not female!) population.

They also want a flat rate of income tax of 31% for everyone, taxable on anything earned above £11,500 a year.

Just proves that the mindless drones of this country are too focused on the hhurrr durr but htey will stop immergrashun bollocks to look beyond and realize what a retarded organization they are.

Aren't they getting more popular by the minute though? This country would go down the shitter so quickly if they were ever brought in to power.

K1LLER7

Yeah, we'd need legs in midfield alongside him.

Btw Good luck on your exam mate.

Marc

Yeah, it's stupid. If you are crap enough at life that you feel an uneducated, non-English speaking Bulgarian could take your job, then you already fucked your own life up a long time ago.

It must be said though, that the Conservatives, Labour and the Lib Dems are doing a fucking terrible job of communicating the positives of being in the EU. Not that people would listen, FOREIGNERS ARE TAKING OUR JOBS!!!

That is a load of fucking bollocks, people who say that shit tend to be middle class white people who haven't actually lived in the real world. Probably live in a nice area too, very unlikely to have lived in a foreign dominated area. Or hell, just near London for a start.

It has nothing to do with competition, as they can live under the breadline, they don't need to support a family here or stay in a liveable place. They can take a shit paying job because the money gets sent back to their families, stay for a few years and then go back generally or they find a better job like in construction.

If you don't have a workforce undercutting the market, those jobs suddenly pay something people who stay here can live on.

And UKIP have shit policies but they aren't getting in, they just want a vote on one issue. A vote ffs! And people resist that like some kind of undemocratic cunt, while they insult the intelligence of anyone who isn't coming from their same viewpoint. On the otherhand you talk about the positives of the EU, that may be true in some cases (the laws I have liked in terms of protecting the populous) but did you vote on it in the first place? No, well that is the bloody problem. You sign over rights, laws etc. without a vote on it... that is not on. When the alternatives are Labour and Tories, fuck it.

King_Moc

Banned
That is a load of fucking bollocks, people who say that shit tend to be middle class white people who haven't actually lived in the real world. Probably live in a nice area too, very unlikely to have lived in a foreign dominated area. Or hell, just near London for a start.

It has nothing to do with competition, as they can live under the breadline, they don't need to support a family here or stay in a liveable place. They can take a shit paying job because the money gets sent back to their families, stay for a few years and then go back generally or they find a better job like in construction.

If you don't have a workforce undercutting the market, those jobs suddenly pay something people who stay here can live on.

And UKIP have shit policies but they aren't getting in, they just want a vote on one issue. A vote ffs! And people resist that like some kind of undemocratic cunt, while they insult the intelligence of anyone who isn't coming from their same viewpoint. On the otherhand you talk about the positives of the EU, that may be true in some cases (the laws I have liked in terms of protecting the populous) but did you vote on it in the first place? No, well that is the bloody problem. You sign over rights, laws etc. without a vote on it... that is not on. When the alternatives are Labour and Tories, fuck it.

There was a vote on joining the EU in 1975, and we voted to join.

Also, as I linked above, UKIP aren't just about Europe, they have an entire manifesto, and it's fucking mental.

Yen

Also, as I linked above, UKIP aren't just about Europe, they have an entire manifesto, and it's fucking mental.

That's a Bingo.
The Greens also support a referendum (and they would vote to stay), so there is an alternative for those who want a referendum (or don't want to vote for the establishment) but don't want a batshit-insane party.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is it me or does Yayas agent the spitting image of the corrupt banker on the simpsons

07-15.png

Walshy

That's a Bingo.

The Greens also support a referendum (and they would vote to stay), so there is an alternative for those who want a referendum (or don't want to vote for the establishment) but don't want a batshit-insane party.
Greens policy on nuclear and defence puts me off a bit though.

There is certainly an argument to be made that absolute sprint numbers aren't useful, that players with lower numbers may simply be better at timing and anticipation, as you say. However, I feel this argument falls down when we look at some of other names on the list - Hazard and Lallana 2 good options. Both have far more sprints than Toure, but neither would be classified as a headless chicken. How is it that they are able to sprint so much more than Toure? Is it that Toure is able to run where others must sprint, or that Toure simply does not put in the same effort as these 2 players?

I got the table from an article about Lallana on the BassTunedtoRed website, though I imagine the data itself is from Opta.

Hazard and Lallana play mostly on the wing. Toure is a central player. They should be sprinting more than him.

If he goes to Manchester he would be a vital addition to your team. I'm talking goals and assists. He's not a defending midfielder. That could be Fellainis job.

Fellaini and Kroos. Sounds good but it won't win you a Champions League due to the lack of pace. But Kroos would fit into Van Gaals possession based system.

f8e1ae9005298cce36a689bc89662c2b.gif

Marc

Wait, you think the common market equals the EU? In what way are trade agreements and governance the same? The ECC went a long time ago, completely different.

So does the pirate party, they will never get in power barring some magical coalition and would be dismantled the moment their one issue was successful. No one cares about their other issues (neither do they), they are a protest vote and a vote to pull back governance. People don't like it when you make their vote nigh on meaningless, which is why parties like UKIP are on the rise.

And the green party aren't batshit insane? They are the leftwing equivalent of UKIP, except their one issue affects all areas. Honestly the whole political landscape is a complete shambles. Wish scientists grew a pair of balls and formed a technocracy, stick Brian Cox or Stephen fry or someone in charge and they could become huge.

Chipotle

The snobbery against UKIP voters is pretty horrible and does nothing to undermine them, just makes their opponents feel better about themselves. Also agree there should be a referendum on the EU but I'd vote to stay in.

The real problem with UKIP for me, and what makes them dangerous is that they pose as this anti-establishment, man-of-the-people type party when their policies would really only benefit a few at the very top of society (and not even all of them). Getting rid of maternity ffs? They're like a lot of the popular right in Europe that's growing at the moment, albeit with a Daily Mail, little England twist.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham are confident of installing a new manager as early as next week with Mauricio Pochettino the leading contender to take over at White Hart Lane.

The Argentine is thought to be the favoured candidate of chairman Daniel Levy as Tottenham seek to finalise the package they would offer to Southampton to release Pochettino from his contract, which still has one year to run.

While Levy is attracted by the idea of having Pochettino, 42, as his ninth permanent manager in 13 years, it is understood that not everybody in the Spurs hierarchy is completely sold on the notion.

Indeed, it is thought some are trying to persuade Levy to look more seriously at two other candidates, thought to be Ajax head coach Frank De Boer and Napoli boss Rafael Benitez, a former Liverpool and Chelsea manager. There could also be an ambitious move for Carlo Ancelotti if Real Madrid lose Saturday’s Champions League Final against city rivals Atletico and he is sacked.

Beyond Pochettino, Levy is thought to be more interested in De Boer than Benitez and is expected to meet with his fellow decision-makers in the coming days to determine who is the club’s No1 choice to succeed Tim Sherwood.

Whoever it is we need to get it done soon, we can't have this dragging on. United, Barca, Monaco, they have all appointed new managers already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom