• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, if Cesc does leave, why would he go to United?

1st. It's Manchester not London,
2nd. Cesc is not motivated by money as he took a paycut to join Barca and gave up his loyalty payment at Arsenal,
3rd. No CL

Overall can't see how that move is appealing to him, he'll to go through the phase of seeing Man Utd attempt to rebuild and who knows how long that's going to take? He's 26 and in his prime, doesn't need to join a project. That's the argument I'd make to Cesc if i was Wenger, plus the whole emotional return and throw in the possibility of a statue in there so he'll bite.
If it's United or Arsenal - he is going to Arsenal. I don't think that one is up for debate.

wedward

2nd. Cesc is not motivated by money as he took a paycut to join Barca and gave up his loyalty payment at Arsenal,
3rd. No CL

Overall can't see how that move is appealing to him, he'll to go through the phase of seeing Man Utd attempt to rebuild and who knows how long that's going to take? He's 26 and in his prime, doesn't need to join a project. That's the argument I'd make to Cesc if i was Wenger, plus the whole emotional return and throw in the possibility of a statue in there so he'll bite.

We need a bid to be accepted so Arsenal can use the buy back clause.

Let United be the ones to bid.

It's happening mate. Gunna be beautiful.

The Kroos muppetry isn't over, not for me.

Woodward is learning. He is cooling things down. There was such a sudden surge yesterday and this morning - he is simply controlling the situation from the bunker.

The deal is not completed yet, he will announce and brief appropriately when that time comes.

The Kroos muppetry isn't over, not for me.

Woodward is learning. He is cooling things down. There was such a sudden surge yesterday and this morning - he is simply controlling the situation from the bunker.

The deal is not completed yet, he will announce and brief appropriately when that time comes.

He's chortling away as he taps another trolling missive to JJ on his high-powered iPad.

Marc

Been thinking, when Roy hopefully goes after the World Cup... would people be against John Peacock having a crack? Two U17 wins, brought through some very good and technical players. Got an eye for talent and knows the English system inside and out. Likes to play good football, hates 4-4-2, great guy.

I know it is a completely different job and he has no real top level experience but fuck it, if Roy can get the job, why not,

Rikkun

I don't like Facebook

or that (last seen) feature on Whatsapp

basically anything that encourages girls to start fights

"i thought u wer sleeping"

"i sw u online"

"whos that lol*..." *definitely not a "lol"

kill me

You can deactivate the last seen on whatsapp. The price is, you'll never see anyone's last online.

wedward

Lord Harris of Peckham, an Arsenal director, has said "it would be easy" for the board to back another record breaking purchase.

Can't even imagine who we'd do it for.

More money than good players.

What a problem to have.

Luckily we will get Cesc in the cheap.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You can deactivate the last seen on whatsapp. The price is, you'll never see anyone's last online.

On Android?

but what does that say about me
KuGsj.gif

sometimes I just don't feel like talking, you know?

Salvadora

More money than good players.

What a problem to have.

Luckily we will get Cesc in the cheap.
Maybe it's naive to think, but perhaps we will be much more willing to sanction big money signings after seeing the lift Ozil gave everyone around the club and, of course, the FA Cup.

Cesc would absolutely do that.

Bit difficult when everything revolves around the will of one man though.

wedward

Maybe it's naive to think, but perhaps we will be much more willing to sanction big money signings after seeing the lift Ozil gave everyone around the club and, of course, the FA Cup.

I think we will. Gotta keep the momentum going.

Rikkun

On Android?

but what does that say about me
KuGsj.gif

sometimes I just don't feel like talking, you know?

Yes, I activated it.

It says about me that I'll go to bed whenever I want and saves me A LOT of stalking.

Still, don't get caught online, because THEY'LL KNOW.

Barzul

We need to get Puma to chip in. It'd make their brand association with the club even stronger. Surely they pitched that idea to the higher ups at Arsenal?

3rd. No CL

More money it's always about money. United can give him 200k a week not sure he will get that at Arsenal tbh.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Giovinco's agent:

"I am not surprised that Arsenal and Tottenham are being linked, considering the quality of Arsene Wenger’s choices and the fine level of Tottenham’s squad,” continued D’Amico.

“However, they are not the only clubs. Olympiacos, Monaco and Liverpool? There are many other teams, as Giovinco is appreciated everywhere.

he's a really REALLY class player. Not made for Conte or this Juve, unfortunately.
Yes, I activated it.

It says about me that I'll go to bed whenever I want and saves me A LOT of stalking.

Still, don't get caught online, because THEY'LL KNOW.

FUCKING TECHNOLOGY MAN

tumblr_lmhazn20HS1qzv7c2.gif

Salvadora

Don't really understand how sponsorships like Puma and Nike work in regards to transfers, but Cesc is already playing at Barcelona which is undoubtedly a bigger brand than Arsenal.

Been thinking, when Roy hopefully goes after the World Cup... would people be against John Peacock having a crack? Two U17 wins, brought through some very good and technical players. Got an eye for talent and knows the English system inside and out. Likes to play good football, hates 4-4-2, great guy.

I know it is a completely different job and he has no real top level experience but fuck it, if Roy can get the job, why not,

Nah, wait for Southgate to inevitably get sacked, put him in charge of the U21s with assurances that if he succeeds there he'll be considered for the England job next time it opens up

Jarnet87

Is Kroos really that good? I mean he only has about 3 league goals. He's not prolific. United would be better off targeting Vidal.

our midfield consists of Fellaini, Cleverly, Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick. We could literally target the midfielders of almost every club that plays in Champions League or Europa football and they would be better then what we have.

Salvadora

Cesc is sponsored by Puma. Ultimately don't think it makes a difference.

Aye, I know, just mean that Barcelona are a bigger fish than Arsenal and I can't particularly see Puma being that inclined to fund a transfer to a smaller club.

Seems like these sort of deals are always talked about and never happen.

our midfield consists of Fellaini, Cleverly, Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick. We could literally target the midfielders of almost every club that plays in Champions League or Europa football and they would be better then what we have.

Cleverly will improve under Van Gaal. Fellaini has to improve his passing but he has a dominating physicality. Fletcher and Carrick will retire. A midfield three of Vidal, Fellaini and Cleverly/Fabregas will do damage.

Salvadora

Cleverly will improve under Van Gaal. Fellaini has to improve his passing but he has a dominating physicality. Fletcher and Carrick will retire. A midfield three of Vidal, Fellaini and Cleverly/Fabregas will do damage.

The only type of damage Fellaini is capable of doing is of a physical nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom