• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

GTAIV was better than GTAV

2178874-partyboy_o_gifsoup.com.gif

Wilbur

Banned
GTA IV is still good, GTA V is very very good. Both disappointing, ultimately. MGS4 is mostly nonsense with a few decent bits. Heavy Rain is alright. Bioshock is a wonderful story and game design with fucking boring as fuck gameplay.

LegoArmo

Anyone getting the TLoU rerelease?

Thinking of getting it since I want to play it, and the DLC is included. If anyone here plans to jump back into the MP I'll definitely get it, if not I'll hold off though

Bought it on PS3, never played it, sold it, buying it again on PS4. It better be as good as you cunts say.

Carbonox

Tempted to get The Last of Us Remastered. I own the original but whatever. Might actually try the multiplayer for the first time this time too.

L1NETT

Bioshock is a wonderful story and game design with fucking boring as fuck gameplay.

SKYRIM though.

It's a janky repetitive dull poorly written easy to master wafter thin RPG with more copy and pasting than a Year 11's history coursework

Unforgivable Wilbz.

<3

GTA IV and V are both crap GTA games.

4 was a better story, 5 is a better game.

If only they'd stop trying to make it a life simulator it would be fun again.

Wilbur

Banned
SKYRIM though.

It's a janky repetitive dull poorly written easy to master wafter thin RPG with more copy and pasting than a Year 11's history coursework

Unforgivable Wilbz.

<3

this is all true

its also the game which let me play as a walking cat with a sword, behead a bunch of people and arrange their bodies into a giant pile, then fight a dragon over their remains and watch fireballs blast them off buildings and then three hours later finding an old woman's body on top of a small shack miles away

sensational

Yen

I wanted Sinclair before he went to WBA. Still think he is decent and would fit our style covering for JRod.

Also

"Lallana staying? Alex Davison is Adams best friend, and was best man at his wedding"

I think if he wasn't interested in the move he would've publicly said so by now.

arkon

I can't even think of 10 games I've played from the past generation. So the defaults are

Mario Galaxy
Bayonetta
FTL
DOTA2
Spelunky

If the last 3 can even count towards that.

Salvadora

I really like all of them; BW has the best story of them all, and the totally new Pokedex was refreshing. HeartGold had dat nostalgic value, as well as being as brilliant as it was back then.
Think I'd have chosen the same as you to be honest, as Gold and Silver are genuinely some of my favourite games ever.

Liked them all though, especially Platinum. Admired B/W but wasn't in love with the Pokemon designs or world tbh. Good story though, you're right.

pulga

Banned
Top 5 (off the top of my head, no order

Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
Bioshock 1
Mass Effect 1
Uncharted 2
Arkham Asylum

Honourable mentions:

TLOU, Metroid Prime 3, Red Dead Revolver, Fallout 3/New Vegas

Wilbur

Banned
Some parts of TLoU are genuinely fucking terrifying. Especially when Clickers and darkness are involved

The worst bit is that fucking hotel with that fat bastard. Jesus christ I was shitting myself

Express are running a story that United want to sign Gervinho, can't wait to see him and Young linking up.

:lol brilliant. Welcome to Manchester, Predator

I wish Fallout had the gameplay and polish to match it's premise. Hopefully this gen they'll put it all together

Mm. Skyrim and Oblivion had fucking tons of things for me to do so I could forgive lots of it (as well as liking fantasy settings like that in general), but fallout felt too sparse so that I was far less forgiving.

Carbonox

The flooded basement where you had to turn on the generators if I remember correctly and/or get some keycard shat me up big time. It's dead quiet but the moment you get what you need and need to go, every cunt appears. I always leg it.

dc89

Anyone getting the TLoU rerelease?

Thinking of getting it since I want to play it, and the DLC is included. If anyone here plans to jump back into the MP I'll definitely get it, if not I'll hold off though

I'll be getting it. I played the DLC on PS3 not too long ago, GOAT DLC.

Marc

Alright, will give this a shot, everyone loves a list.

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Dragons Dogma
3. Orange Box
4. Journey
5. The Last of Us
6. Assassins Creed
7. Mass Effect
8. Batman Arkham City probably (I really liked Origins but bit too soon)
9. Heavy Rain
10. God of War 3

I may be discounting games I have played in the last 6 months of so barring Last of Us, as it is hard to know if an initial impression is a lasting one. I really liked Beyond Two Souls in certain ways, hated it in others. On the flip side I may be discounting early gen stuff too much as I only really got a PS3 in the last year and a bit so more fresh in the mind playing all their games. Mostly played 360 before that, Crackdown was amazing at the time but don't think it has aged well.

the gap between our U17s and U21s is pretty big. Hey what about a shot at the senior side?

MARC

PLEASE

Haha, I just mean if you're taking a big step up then fuck it why not go that extra mile.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
England Numbers

1. Joe Hart,
2. Glen Johnson,
3. Leighton Baines,
4. Steven Gerrard,
5. Gary Cahill,
6. Phil Jagielka,
7. Jack Wilshere,
8. Frank Lampard,
9. Daniel Sturridge,
10. Wayne Rooney,
11. Daniel Welbeck,
12. Chris Smalling,
13. Ben Foster,
14. Jordan Henderson,
15. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain,
16. Phil Jones,
17. James Milner,
18. Rickie Lambert,
19. Raheem Sterling,
20. Adam Lallana,
21. Ross Barkley,
22. Fraser Forster,
23. Luke Shaw

Ser Goje

They've been involved in the management/coaching staff at Barcelona (among many other clubs in LVG and Mou's cases) but other than Pep I don't think you can say they are from Barcelona.

I know, it was supposed to be joke. Apparently I'm not good at making them.

Here's my top 5

The Last of Us
GTA V
Dark Souls
Mirror's Edge
Bayonetta

What's your worst of this Generation ?

for me it was beyond... fucking horrible

LTWheels

Uncharted 3 is the most disappointing thing since Stadium Arcadium

Hold on now, Stadium Arcadium is a great album.

tbh 99% of games made nowdays are good. We don't see broken terrible broken shit or shovelware like we saw in previous generations. However, as standards are higher generally, it makes it more difficult for games to stand out way above the crowd.

I know, it was supposed to be joke. Apparently I'm not good at making them.

Here's my top 5

The Last of Us
GTA V
Dark Souls
Mirror's Edge
Bayonetta

What's your worst of this Generation ?

for me it was beyond... fucking horrible

You're fucking horrible.

Didn't play that many bad games tbh, with the internet and videos so easy to come by, it's easy to get a good idea of a game before buying it

GTAIV and Uncharted 3 were the most disappointing games I played. Killzone 3 and MGS4 were massive steps back from their predecessors as well

Yen

In no order, and I know the 3DS games shouldn't really be there, but whatevs:

RDR
Super Mario Galaxy
Portal 2
Arkham City
Deus Ex Human Resources
Smash Bros Brawl
Legend of Zelda OOT3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Hotline Miami
Gone Home

I very much regret not buying a PS3.

Uncharted 3 is the most disappointing thing since Stadium Arcadium

I'll take that as a seal of approval. I haven't instantly liked any of the RHCP's albums right away since Californication but over time and multiple listens I've grown to love them all.

I simply do not get people's response to Uncharted 3 & I don't think I ever will.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't even think of a worst of the generation. Obviously there's so many games that are rancid shit that I can't even be bothered to play

but in terms of games that get massive critical acclaim and I just didn't like:

I've never been fond of God of War.
Didn't like Mass Effect 1.
Sleeping Dogs is terrible.
LittleBigPlanet is fucking crap rancid FUCKING SHITE.
Bayonetta was bad.
Dragon Age: Origins is shit.

pulga

Banned
holy fuck, I can't believe I forgot NO MORE HEROES

no-more-heroes-2-cloe-walsh-o.gif

I had such a blast with that one, even if it was somewhat clunky. Absolutely loved it.

jtb

Banned
Dragon Age 2 and the Mass Effect sequels are offensively bad, especially considering the free ride the press gave them.

Wilbur

Banned
I'll take that as a seal of approval. I haven't instantly liked any of the RHCP's albums right away since Californication but over time and multiple listens I've grown to love them all.

I simply do not get people's response to Uncharted 3 & I don't think I ever will.

Yeah me neither. It's basically the same game as Uncharted 2. Didn't wow me anywhere near as much because I expected quality, but I got quality. Really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom