• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

The Orange Box is fucking cheating m8

but fuck, Portal is GOAT

IT STILL COUNTS!!

73yuDtW.gif

Hadn't played HL2 or Portal on PC so playing Portal on 360 blew my mind, made me dizzy as well. Took a while for my brain to understand what was happening.

Portal 2 deserves a shout too, not as amazing as the first because its no longer new at that point but damn it is fun. Finding out Stephen Merchant was doing the voice was awesome.

I can't even think of a worst of the generation. Obviously there's so many games that are rancid shit that I can't even be bothered to play

but in terms of games that get massive critical acclaim and I just didn't like:

I've never been fond of God of War.
Didn't like Mass Effect 1.
Sleeping Dogs is terrible.
LittleBigPlanet is fucking crap rancid FUCKING SHITE.
Bayonetta was bad.
Dragon Age: Origins is shit.
No Wei dude

L1NETT

Disappointing games means you expected summat from them. Could reel off shite games, but out of the ones I was looking forward too

Mass Effect 3/Halo 4/Gears 3/Bioshock 2 up there.

Hixx

1) Mass Effect 2
2) Deus Ex HR
3) The Last of Us
4) Uncharted 2
5) Arkham Asylum
6) Super Mario Galaxy
7) Dark Souls 2
8) Red Dead Redemption
9) Gears of War 3
10) GTA5

Yes, DS2 is my favourite Souls game.

Ser Goje

You're fucking horrible.

Didn't play that many bad games tbh, with the internet and videos so easy to come by, it's easy to get a good idea of a game before buying it

GTAIV and Uncharted 3 were the most disappointing games I played. Killzone 3 and MGS4 were massive steps back from their predecessors as well

What? you liked it? It was bad and very disappointing. It had awesome graphics but the story was shit. Pure shit. HR had a really good story and twist, but Beyond was just 8 hours of Ellen Page crying.

arkon

Breathe Red @Breathe_Red · 58m
Breaking News: Manchester United have decided not to celebrate Marouane Fellaini's birthday and they've crossed their fingers!

Marc

DX: HR was decent but Alpha Protocol is the true heir to the Deus Ex throne

Shit, forgot alpha protocol, if that game wasn't a buggy mess it would be GOAT. The story is brilliant, the decisions you can make are amazing, the women are hawt... that game is just crazy good. That mad Russian bastard into 80's ballads or whatever was great too.

Deus Ex HR style was great, elements were great but overall missed a bit too much of the mark for me. Should have been a more open world I think, with more RPG elements, just became more of an FPS shooter. Although I heard they changed that a bit so you could stealth through the game better. Would definitely like a next gen sequel.

Wilbz, lay off Mass Effect 1 you fucking sausage, the rest I can understand even if I don't agree.

bjaelke

Apparently only 2 international friendlies scheduled and they're both abysmal.

1) Crackdown
2) Super Mario Galaxy
3) Something hipster like Valkyrie Chronicle I guess.
4) TLOU
5) BioShock

Kassu

Banned
Uncharted 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Super Mario Galaxy
The Last of Us
Demon's Souls
Mass Effect
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Metal Gear Rising
Max Payne 3
Dead Space

Edit: Shit I forgot Portal 2

Salvadora

Liked Uncharted 2 a lot, but it had serious issues.

Shit bosses. Shit combat. Shit platforming.

At times I'd have rather handed the controller over to someone else and watched. Or Youtube'd it.

I can't even think of a worst of the generation. Obviously there's so many games that are rancid shit that I can't even be bothered to play

but in terms of games that get massive critical acclaim and I just didn't like:

I've never been fond of God of War.
Didn't like Mass Effect 1.
Sleeping Dogs is terrible.
LittleBigPlanet is fucking crap rancid FUCKING SHITE.
Bayonetta was bad.
Dragon Age: Origins is shit.

God of War, Mass Effect, LittleBigPlanet and Bayonetta? Wow.

Marc

1) Mass Effect 2
2) Deus Ex HR
3) The Last of Us
4) Uncharted 2
5) Arkham Asylum
6) Super Mario Galaxy
7) Dark Souls 2
8) Red Dead Redemption
9) Gears of War 3
10) GTA5

Yes, DS2 is my favourite Souls game.

Everyone has been saying Dark Souls 1 is the best, asked for it for my birthday in a few weeks, now I am confused!

Good lists everyone, good taste club in action, I have seriously missed out on Nintendo games. Haven't had a Nintendo console since the SNES and I was always a Sega guy back then. Then again, I got an Xbox instead of a PS2... so am a bit weird. Need to get a Nintendo emulator and just play their classics for a few weeks.

Kassu = Dead Space, great shout.

Hixx

Everyone has been saying Dark Souls 1 is the best, asked for it for my birthday in a few weeks, now I am confused!

Good lists everyone, good taste club in action, I have seriously missed out on Nintendo games. Haven't had a Nintendo console since the SNES and I was always a Sega guy back then. Then again, I got an Xbox instead of a PS2... so am a bit weird. Need to get a Nintendo emulator and just play their classics for a few weeks.

Kassu = Dead Space, great shout.

I'm going to be in a (very small) minority with the opinion that DS2 is the best :p The genral consensus is that Dark Souls 1 is the best of the three.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The majority consider DS to be the best of the three. But I totally understand why Hixx and others prefer DS2.

Marc

Cool pic:

BoC8AwFIcAE1ZeT.jpg:large

I'm going to be in a (very small) minority with the opinion that DS2 is the best :p The genral consensus is that Dark Souls 1 is the best of the three.

Cool, will play DS1 first then. Hopefully at E3 they will announce a next gen version of DS2 to be released so I can go straight to that instead.

I am this close to pull the trigger on the new Milan shirt. I just have to choose which player to put on the back, I narrowed it down to two: either El Shaarawy or Maldini. It'd be around 70 euros, almost as much as I paid for the De Jong shirt in December.

I'm fairly certain that if I get the El Shaa one Milan will sell him right after I closed the store tab, so there's that.

It's not like it's the only game of its type.

Name me another team-turn-based, permadeath, character-driven, medieval-anime RPG that isn't shit and has been localised for the UK. Pls.

It's not good just because of the central gameplay hook, it's the full package that makes it so boss. If there's something similar in scope and quality on the market, I'd like to know about it :p

I am this close to pull the trigger on the new Milan shirt. I just have to choose which player to put on the back, I narrowed it down to two: either El Shaarawy or Maldini. It'd be around 70 euros, almost as much as I paid for the De Jong shirt in December.

I'm fairly certain that if I get the El Shaa one Milan will sell him right after I closed the store tab, so there's that.

That happened to me with Kaka back when he left for Madrid. Had the shirt for a week. Maldini would be safe but I'd go with El Sha. Truly hope he stays in the squad.

That happened to me with Kaka back when he left for Madrid. Had the shirt for a week. Maldini would be safe but I'd go with El Sha. Truly hope he stays in the squad.

Well, once I get a personalized shirt, the players scores in a derby. I got a Kakà one in 2007/2008 and he left a year later and De Jong seems to be pretty safe. Getting El Shaa would be a sure way to secure us at least one of those games next year, but I'm not really sure that I'd like to have an "old" shirt in June already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom