• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Do people ever wonder who creates and runs all those football troll twitter accounts that constantly shit out horrible memes with 0 insight and just spew shit all day?

I am convinced they are all run by Pulga.

Explains being a multiteam cunt also.

10407574_10152075411987061_8873965895532877242_n.jpg

jtb

Banned
Cesc-Ramsey-Ozil midfield trio would be far too flimsy for my liking but even if we never could win the ball back, we'd certainly be able to go back to legitimately passing teams to death.

EmiPrime

the hell does that have to do with arsenal's barren trophy cabinet loooooooooooool

real madrid: 4 trophies, in a cl final
juventus: triple scudetti

new guy pls

I will be sending a PM Wes' way and I urge others to do the same.

It's idiotic winding up and crap talk like this that ruins Football GAF.

wedward

Cesc-Ramsey-Ozil midfield trio would be far too flimsy for my liking but even if we never could win the ball back, we'd certainly be able to go back to legitimately passing teams to death.

I think either Cesc or Ozil would have to play a little wider. Similar to how Santi plays now.

Probably Cesc.

Cesc Ozil Theo
DM Rambo

I will be sending a PM Wes' way and I urge others to do the same.

It's idiotic winding up and crap talk like this that ruins Football GAF.

Expect a meme in response to this.

Maybe just a "looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool"

jtb

Banned
I think either Cesc or Ozil would have to play a little wider. Similar to how Santi plays now.

Probably Cesc.

Cesc Ozil Theo
DM Rambo

Cesc on the wing would be wasting him, imo. I think Ozil is better equipped to play on the wing than Cesc. A little pacier, a little more technical, very good at creating something out of nothing in dead-ball like situations, where Fabregas' strengths lie more in dictating the tempo of a game.

Though I guess if we get Cesc, we wouldn't be getting a Griezmann or Sanchez type—that would be a little disappointing. But I guess we can't get four or five top players in every position.

pulga

Banned

Probably Cesc.

Cesc Ozil Theo
DM Rambo

Expect a meme in response to this.

Maybe just a "looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool"

goddammit man i had this one lined up all for you

10311770_752707204788197_1612644508869030533_n.jpg

its so bad i cant help but giggle like one of riberys underage prostitutes

wedward

Cesc on the wing would be wasting him, imo. I think Ozil is better equipped to play on the wing than Cesc. A little pacier, a little more technical, very good at creating something out of nothing in dead-ball like situations, where Fabregas' strengths lie more in dictating the tempo of a game.

Though I guess if we get Cesc, we wouldn't be getting a Griezmann or Sanchez type—that would be a little disappointing. But I guess we can't get four or five top players in every position.

True. Ozil has looked pretty effective when attacking from the right.

I think we try to be pretty fluid with positions. Santi Ozil and Rosicky all swap sides and roles. Our passing usually isn't precise enough for it too work well, but hopefully with Cesc that could work.

If Arsenal got Francesc and played him wide I'd be fucking delighted.

"But he's slow"

We play Santi "wide" and he is slow. Santi rarely actually stays out wide.

You do it with Mata.

LOOOOOOL at people think Cesc was ever one of the best in the world at anything

He was promising, had loads of potential but he squandered it all by going to Barca. The damage is done, there's no going back now

pulga pls

He was fucking brilliant for Arsenal from the moment he broke through to the moment he left, aside from one or two patches of poor form.

Put him deep in a team with space and runners ahead of him, and he's world class.

pulga

Banned
pulga pls

He was fucking brilliant for Arsenal from the moment he broke through to the moment he left, aside from one or two patches of poor form.

Put him deep in a team with space and runners ahead of him, and he's world class.

didnt say he's bad, but hardly one of the best in the world. barca didnt buy him because he was HNNNGGGG, but because they stupid fucking mongs who wanted to feed their vanity

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
pulga pls

Hed be fucked at United then

jtb

Banned
Ramsey could play DM, but it would be a waste. Too good to be playing that deep.

Ramsey could play in that Flamini/Diaby-type role, a true box to box player. He's got the energy but I think it's safe to say that Ramsey is better than Diaby or Flamini, even at their peak, and playing him as the sole ball-winner is probably a waste of his talents. Even Yaya (and City as a whole) plays better with another physical DM-type next to him.

didnt say he's bad, but hardly one of the best in the world. barca didnt buy him because he was HNNNGGGG, but because they stupid fucking mongs who wanted to feed their vanity

That is why they bought him, but that's not to say that he wasn't worth that much money to a team who planned to use him properly

1) A team with Xavi already in it
2) A team with no space in the final third, as their style leads to space becoming constricted up there

It was never going to work properly.

jtb

Banned

you're full of shit. Any other team than Barcelona and he would have commanded a 50m+ fee. but mes que un club and all that fucking bullshit.

He's the one midfielder that was a ready-made heir to Xavi (or Iniesta's) position. He still could be, though I think his time at Barcelona has been tainted enough that it's not going to happen.

Modric is a great player. Cesc is better—Madrid were desperate to sign him for years and he was and still is an upgrade over your midfield options.

wedward

Ramsey could play in that Flamini/Diaby-type role, a true box to box player. He's got the energy but I think it's safe to say that Ramsey is better than Diaby or Flamini, even at their peak, and playing him as the sole ball-winner is probably a waste of his talents. Even Yaya (and City as a whole) plays better with another physical DM-type next to him.

That's what I was thinking.

I think a mid of Theo, Ozil, Cesc, Ramsey and a DM could work.

Just saw the Matt Law article:

"Arsenal have a buy-back option on Fabregas that was agreed as part of the deal that saw him move back to the Nou Camp in 2011. Should he inform Barca that he wants to return to the Emirates, then Arsenal can re-sign him for around £25m."

Can't say no it it's only 25.

When he left Arsenal he was one of the best in the world. I din't say he was currently. I don't see why he can't get back to where he was.

Of course you think because he went to Barca he ruined his career and will never return to that level. Good thing you don't know what you are talking about like usual.

pulga

Banned
you're full of shit. Any other team than Barcelona and he would have commanded a 50m+ fee. but mes que un club and all that fucking bullshit.

He's the one midfielder that was a ready-made heir to Xavi (or Iniesta's) position. He still could be, though I think his time at Barcelona has been tainted enough that it's not going to happen.

Modric is a great player. Cesc is better—Madrid were desperate to sign him for years and he was and still is an upgrade over your midfield options.

Cesc...better...than...Modric?

you must be fucking stoned my man

edit: wait youre the one who says ba is better than sturridge right lol

wedward

At Arsenal? A handful. Was great, but hardly "one of the best in the world"

Are you guys seriously not reading what I'm actually challenging?

Yes. He was one of the best in the world while he was at Arsenal. You aren't going to find many people here that disagree.

jtb

Banned
That's what I was thinking.

I think a mid of Theo, Ozil, Cesc, Ramsey and a DM could work.

Just saw the Matt Law article:

"Arsenal have a buy-back option on Fabregas that was agreed as part of the deal that saw him move back to the Nou Camp in 2011. Should he inform Barca that he wants to return to the Emirates, then Arsenal can re-sign him for around £25m."

Can't say no it it's only 25.

25m is an absolute bargain. Have to get him for 25m, if only to prevent him from going to any other club lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He actually was one of the best in the world.

At least for his position he was.

Aye he was terrific at Arsenal, no idea how he is at Barca but if we by some miracle got the old Fabregas then jesus :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom