• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

would love to get Milner and Fabregas. think Milner would be a good workhorse CM type alongside Ramsey. experienced, good discipline. would prefer to get a long-term, bigger upgrade over Flamini/Arteta but Milner would definitely be a better option than Arteta at this point, I think.

It'd be a bit mental if we went into the transfer market and bought two more midfielders.

Lightning

Banned
would love to get Milner and Fabregas. think Milner would be a good workhorse CM type alongside Ramsey. experienced, good discipline. would prefer to get a long-term, bigger upgrade over Flamini/Arteta but Milner would definitely be a better option than Arteta at this point, I think.
No..... Just no. 2 midfielders? We playing cesc as a striker? Who drops to the bench?

Alexis have been amazing this season. It's so weird that people talk about him possible leaving. Barca would have to be stupid less they have a better plan or better replacement and you won't find many better replacement.

Alexis is inconsistent, if he were to perform at a high rate every match or most matches yes, but he gets lost way too often and to be honest the team has way too many wingers.

Remember Rafinha and Deulofeu, Rafinha can easily fill that position.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Id like to be linked with some Wingers, I miss fast and efficient wingers

Someone said Depay?

jtb

Banned
It'd be a bit mental if we went into the transfer market and bought two more midfielders.

I don't know...

we NEED:
a DM
a striker
a RB

and then there are areas that we could definitely use some improvement:
Arteta replacement
Winger
CB (dunno what's happening with Vermaelen)

if we get Fabregas, that shouldn't influence what we do elsewhere, I think. Or hope, anyways. Milner is a good signing no matter what.

I imagine if we get Fabregas, that means we don't get any wingers besides maybe a dirt cheap Vela. I can live with that.

bjaelke

Dark Rider

ME! I've even thought of a thread title
Uus4Plt.png

is it: Madrid city Derby in Lisbon?

I'd say it's anything but deceiving especially with the overreliance on Messi.

Alexis scored in most large margin wins

Valladolid, Levante, Osasuna, Rayo, Villarreal; sorry but his goals dont make a difference.

Its been like that for a while, not to mention his passing accuracy is only slightly better than Pinto.

Bernard hasn't been particularly good at Shakhtar to be honest. Rightfully rode the bench quite a bit. Douglas Costa and Alex Teixeira are both considerably better IMO.

Meier

Lol. The apparent reason Milner wants to go is BECAUSE we're playing him on the right rather than as a CM. So he'd go to Arsenal to make less, win less and play in an even less natural position? Rolling.

He won't go this summer though. We'll just have to lose him on a free next summer if he doesn't extend. He's too important this upcoming season. We'd have to spend double to get another English player who could actually play for the first team with any level of consistency so it just won't happen.

jtb

Banned
Lol. The apparent reason Milner wants to go is BECAUSE we're playing him on the right rather than as a CM. So he'd go to Arsenal to make less, win less and play in an even less natural position? Rolling.

He won't go this summer though. We'll just have to lose him on a free next summer if he doesn't extend. He's too important this upcoming season. We'd have to spend double to get another English player who could actually play for the first team with any level of consistency so it just won't happen.

how about a Wilshere - Milner trade?

I'd make that trade 10 times out of 10 and I imagine so would City

Salvadora

I don't know...

we NEED:
a DM
a striker
a RB

and then there are areas that we could definitely use some improvement:
Arteta replacement
Winger
CB (dunno what's happening with Vermaelen)

if we get Fabregas, that shouldn't influence what we do elsewhere, I think. Or hope, anyways. Milner is a good signing no matter what.

I imagine if we get Fabregas, that means we don't get any wingers besides maybe a dirt cheap Vela. I can live with that.
It shouldn't influence what we do elsewhere, but you know it would. At most I can only see us bringing in 3 players.

Right there you've got:

-Striker
-RB

100% nailed on signings, in my mind. That leaves one more. And, tbh, I'd rather that be a DM than Cesc.

Meier

Apparently we are going to sign Keylor Navas as our second keeper. Zubi is pulling all the right strings so far in this window.

Just please keep Alexis and sell Pedro instead

Navas is quite young (by GK standards) and was one of the best keepers in Spain last season. That'd be pretty sad if he took a backup position at his age. I think more likely they'd have him start for a year or two and blood ter Stegen in over time. He'll need to get used to communicating with his defenders, etc.

Signing Milner will cover three positions. I definitely like the idea of making him a fullback. It gives Jenkinson time to improve and brings more Englishmen to the club

jtb

Banned
if we get Milner, I would still want to sign Aurier. neither would be too expensive, he's young and would be a long-term solution, and would be good competition for Jenkinson. Milner deserves a chance in CM. He's definitely good enough to do a job for us.

Meier

Bernard wants out of Shakhtar? Well, lets be honest, it was a pretty fucking terrible idea to begin with.

It was a fine decision. They have a great track record with Brazilians -- ~40% or so of their team is Brazilian and most of them are pretty young. He's just down the pecking order a bit and probably doesn't like that. I wonder if his size is to at a disadvantage there in Ukraine.. I can imagine it being a pretty physical league and he's so small. I think probably too small for the PL personally.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Finally my account has been activated, wouldn't really know what to say, but big soccer fan here from Costa Rica (appropiate, with all the Navas talk I guess), hope to be an active part of this part of GAF.

Wilbur

Banned
I know, its just sad that whenever the press and the board talks about a player that can play the ball and be a good complement to Pique, they always go for Luiz, or Benatia; a player like Koscielny very small chances to get booked, excelent pass accuracy, not a slow player and can play with a high defense is often overlooked.

Hummels, Luiz, Benatia, Laporte all have worse passing records than Mascherano.

the other true alternative is Marquinhos, that kid has a higher potential than Thiago Silva and he is only 21, PSG would be fools to let him go,

Benatia is better than Koscielny.

Razor554

Navas is quite young (by GK standards) and was one of the best keepers in Spain last season. That'd be pretty sad if he took a backup position at his age. I think more likely they'd have him start for a year or two and blood ter Stegen in over time. He'll need to get used to communicating with his defenders, etc.

One thing is certain that Barca will sign La Liga keeper (or Pepe Reina), i don't really mind who we sign as second keeper since the league is full of great gk's.

Hope Ter Stegen learns to speak Spanish as fast as Pep did with German language.

Zabojnik

Verona have activated the 15 million buy clause in Iturbe's loan deal. There's no way they have that type of money right? Surely they're re-selling him somewhere else.

Real and Roma are after him, accoring to Verona's sporting director. So, yeah, they'll be looking to sell.

Good, he's still 19 <3

No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The Berardi dream is over. Jesus fuck. We're gonna sign Nani, won't we?

jtb

Banned
what are the HG rules again? 4 have to be from your club, 8 from your country? the scary thing about Fabregas being available on the market is he'd definitely qualify as a HG player and with Yaya's petulance, I can see City pushing hard for him.

Someone that always misses 1 of 2 passes has no room at Barcelona, talking about Keylor.

Alexis and Pedro - id keep Pedro, Alexis 21 goals are deceiving.

Pedro seems to cope better when passing the ball at a high tempo, right? One of the issues I see with Alexis at Barca is that he can, ironically, slow things down to square up and try and beat a defender. He's obviously the more talented of the two, but I know which one I'd want feeding off of and combining with Neymar/Messi/Iniesta.

Seems most Barca fans would prefer to sell Pedro though.

Wilbur

Banned
Finally my account has been activated, wouldn't really know what to say, but big soccer fan here from Costa Rica (appropiate, with all the Navas talk I guess), hope to be an active part of this part of GAF.

Nice! Welcome man. Stick around for when we draw with you in the World Cup.

Who do you support at club level?

One thing is certain that Barca will sign La Liga keeper (or Pepe Reina), i don't really mind who we sign as second keeper since the league is full of great gk's.

Hope Ter Stegen learns to speak Spanish as fast as Pep did with German language.

Keylor deserves better than to ride your bench.

Please go easy on England. Which club(s) do you support?

Rikkun

No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The Berardi dream is over. Jesus fuck. We're gonna sign Nani, won't we?

The Berardi dream has never been real. We always knew if Sassuolo didn't go back in B he would've stayed. Hopefully he'll have another GOAT year and Nani will fuck off.

Our attack for next year for the Italian press is Tevez - Llorente - Drogba - Sanchez - Nani

PS: Welcome Xpike!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Someone that always misses 1 of 2 passes has no room at Barcelona, talking about Keylor.

Alexis and Pedro - id keep Pedro, Alexis 21 goals are deceiving.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

what's wrong with him?! -_-

Welcome!

Alexis ;)

or rather Alexis ;( according to Barca GAF

Meier

what are the HG rules again? 4 have to be from your club, 8 from your country? the scary thing about Fabregas being available on the market is he'd definitely qualify as a HG player and with Yaya's petulance, I can see City pushing hard for him.

At least 4 who have spent 3 years before 21 in the country and another 4 who have spent 3 years with your club before 21. You can just leave a registration slot empty if you can't meet the requirements. Doesn't seem like it's entirely clear how the 21-man squad will affect these requirements. Some talk they may be lessened, but we'll see. Either way, losing Milner with any restrictions at all would be a terrible move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom