• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
BoQGa82IYAAF06z.jpg:large
neymar-flop.gif

Glad Scholes spoke out on Coward. He's hopeless.

Happy birthday Salazar!

Wilbur

Banned
Latest Guardian article says Muller says no, LvG has ended our interestin Kroos and that we're likely pulling out of any deal for Fabregas.

So that's good then.

Not fussed about Muller, much as I like him. but the others... pls.

Anyway, we don't really need marquee signings. We need good signings, so as long as they come I don't care who. Let's just wait and see what happens; we'll get signings done, that I'm sure of.

Benatia is better than Koscielny.

no he is not, Benatia is more proned to getting booked, not as good at passing than Koscielny, the french actually blocks more shots per game and its better at playing the offside.

Benatia is a more commanding defender but that hasnt yet translated to better performances.

Benatia's partner Leandro Castan has very similar performances..

Pedro seems to cope better when passing the ball at a high tempo, right? One of the issues I see with Alexis at Barca is that he can, ironically, slow things down to square up and try and beat a defender. He's obviously the more talented of the two, but I know which one I'd want feeding off of and combining with Neymar/Messi/Iniesta.
Seems most Barca fans would prefer to sell Pedro though.
You get it, Alexis can work well as a second forward but not as winger; he slows down play too much and he has issues cutting inside when he dribbles.

King_Moc

Banned

This cunt really is one of the worst. Blatant diving combined with playacting. Can't wait for the world cup when all the referees will be biased towards him as it's the home nation. I genuinely hope someone fly's in with a horror tackle and knocks the prick out.

Zabojnik

Finally my account has been activated, wouldn't really know what to say, but big soccer fan here from Costa Rica (appropiate, with all the Navas talk I guess), hope to be an active part of this part of GAF.

Welcome! Hopefully you don't support a Premier League club. We've reached the maximum quota, I'm afraid.

The Berardi dream has never been real. We always knew if Sassuolo didn't go back in B he would've stayed. Hopefully he'll have another GOAT year and Nani will fuck off.

Our attack for next year for the Italian press is Tevez - Llorente - Drogba - Sanchez - Nani

PS: Welcome Xpike!

I'd be okay with that, actually.

This cunt really is one of the worst. Blatant diving combined with playacting. Can't wait for the world cup when all the referees will be biased towards him as it's the home nation. I genuinely hope someone fly's in with a horror tackle and knocks the prick out.

i can't stand neymar either, but i don't wanna see any players get hurt in brazil

how much of a problem is heat exhaustion going to be?

FootballFan

Anyone getting the TLoU rerelease?

Thinking of getting it since I want to play it, and the DLC is included. If anyone here plans to jump back into the MP I'll definitely get it, if not I'll hold off though

Day 1 for sure.

Greatest game of last gen, the remaster will be greatest game of this gen.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Since I grew up without much Tv access I've always just followed Saprissa FC from the local league, don't really support any specifc team on the Premier, just enjoy watching the games (And enjoying watching the big teams choke), even if it a bit hard due to time zones, on the Liga side I do tend towards Atletico ever since 2012, which means I was quite happy last weekend.

Wilbur

Banned
no he is not, Benatia is more proned to getting booked, not as good at passing than Koscielny, the french actually blocks more shots per game and its better at playing the offside.

Benatia is a more commanding defender but that hasnt yet translated to better performances.

Benatia's partner Leandro Castan has very similar performances..

He was the best defender in Serie A last season. Koscielny wasn't even the best defender at Arsenal.

3Sixty

The general feeling amongst Saints fans now is

Poch is staying, new contract, more money, assurances he'll have money to spend.

Shaw is offski.

His sale will prevent any other players sales unless they force a move (or they're like Osvaldo or something). Already rejected bid for Lovren.

Tambini

I hope not.

I would be happy with Milner though. I think he is just looking for assurances from City.

Aurier, Cesc, Schneiderlin, a striker and back up keeper and I am over the fucking moon.

What strikers do you have in mind you think we could be in for or that you'd like?

Dark Rider

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Since I grew up without much Tv access I've always just followed Saprissa FC from the local league, don't really support any specifc team on the Premier, just enjoy watching the games (And enjoying watching the big teams choke), even if it a bit hard due to time zones, on the Liga side I do tend towards Atletico ever since 2012, which means I was quite happy last weekend.

Welcome

Atletico fan club in GAF is getting new members

If you want to follow a team in the English leagues you should follow Coventry City. We are so dominant that we allowed ourselves to get relegated so other teams could have a chance of winning the title. That wasn't enough so we decided to get rid of home advantage by playing every match away. We are most famous for once having a manager with the world's largest chin & the world's ugliest goalkeeper. We've never had a Costa Rican player but we have had a couple of Hondurans. That's close enough, right?

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur. Want some?

Lemme kick dean off the ps4

Gimme five/ten minutes

Poch is staying, new contract, more money, assurances he'll have money to spend.

Shaw is offski.

His sale will prevent any other players sales unless they force a move (or they're like Osvaldo or something). Already rejected bid for Lovren.

You alright with Shaw moving? Still young obv and moving before his time is up there understandably... but its a lot of money.

wedward

Shaw is offski.

What about Schneiderlin?

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 2m

People asking me about #Kroos all I'm sure of is that he was keen to sign for United, that club asked Bayern about him during Champs matches

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 54s

#Pep really likes #Kroos as a player but thinks #Scweini slows circulation of possession - thus #United were offered Schweini instead

Whoa. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom