• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DerZuhälter;113104273 said:
Well they had a good shot at winning La Liga and Ancelotti bet it all on La Decima. I certainly want someones head to roll if it's going to be a titleless season.

Hadn't you already fucked it up against Valencia at home before Ancelotti clearly prioritised the CL?

dc89

You're breaking my heart :(

Why dc bby? I only have Pokemon Y for my 2DS which I've only just got and I'll probably get MK7 and others. For a Nintendo noob, what's better to play first, New Super Mario Bros 2 or 3D Land?

I will get MK8 at some point! Just not this month, maybe end of June.

Erm. Well they are two totally different kind of Mario games. Both equally worth playing but if you asked me to choose one I would go for 3D Land because it's 3D Mario in awesome bite-sized levels which are ideal for hand held gaming.

Well that David Cage thread took an interesting turn

not really, same old lake of shite surrounding a small island of reason as every other thread about him.

First-postGAF are fucking annoying. So many potentially good threads spiral into a shitheap because of the reactions to what are normally pretty predictable jokes

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Reliance on Levy to make the right decisions has been Tottenham's greatest failing.

Well Levy has made this club into regular top 4 contenders on the 6th biggest wage bill. He's made things difficult sometimes but in recent seasons we've finished. 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th. It's always going to be tough to do better than that when other teams have so much more money. Our wage bill is vastly lower than Liverpool and yet until this year we were always comfortably ahead of them. Anytime we finish above 6th we have overachieved.

Lightning

Banned
Well Levy has made this club into regular top 4 contenders on the 6th biggest wage bill. He's made things difficult sometimes but in recent seasons we've finished. 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th. It's always going to be tough to do better than that when other teams have so much more money. Our wage bill is vastly lower than Liverpool and yet until this year we were always comfortably ahead of them. Anytime we finish above 6th we have overachieved.
Yet somehow for overachieving your manager turnover rate is way too high. Tottenham went backwards in the past 12mths based on Levy's decisions and Levy's decisions alone.

If 4th-6th is overachieving for Spurs then forget securing top managers.

Blablurn

3,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Suen

Hadn't you already fucked it up against Valencia at home before Ancelotti clearly prioritised the CL?
Nah we could have won. If we had won our game against Celta and our game against Valladolid that would have been five additional points, we would have ended up with 92 pts in total.

Manager

MEN saying we may try for Mangala. Don't see that one going well for us.

City fans got tired of him when he started talking about London earlier this week. Plus, his price has always been mental. The final issue is also that he apparently has quite complicated third-party ownership, and I think the third-party owns >40% of him.

It's difficult to know how good he is, apparently he's prone to mistakes. Plus, he's only had 21 league appearances this season and 23 last and then 7 before that.

I still don't understand what happened in January. Txiki and Ferran travel to Porto, negotiate about him and Fernando. Some say a summer transfer was agreed then, others say they couldn't agree on anything. Then suddenly Fernando signs a new contract, while his previous one was 6 months out, and now City are supposed to buy him for €20m?!

dc89

City fans got tired of him when he started talking about London earlier this week. Plus, his price has always been mental. The final issue is also that he apparently has quite complicated third-party ownership, and I think the third-party owns >40% of him.

It's difficult to know how good he is, apparently he's prone to mistakes. Plus, he's only had 21 league appearances this season and 23 last and then 7 before that.

I still don't understand what happened in January. Txiki and Ferran travel to Porto, negotiate about him and Fernando. Some say a summer transfer was agreed then, others say they couldn't agree on anything. Then suddenly Fernando signs a new contract, while his previous one was 6 months out, and now City are supposed to buy him for €20m?!

One does not simply fly to Portugal and sign Porto players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just realized - Hannibal Season 2 comes to an end tomorrow night.
MY BODY IS NOT READY. Fuck, Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy are fucking killing it this season.

KILLING IT.
He should smother him in his sleep so we get no more Bran in Got. Worst fucking character on the show.
Everything about him and his story is absurd and terrible. But his story is obviously building up to something, so he's here to stay :/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yet somehow for overachieving your manager turnover rate is way too high. Tottenham went backwards in the past 12mths based on Levy's decisions and Levy's decisions alone.

If 4th-6th is overachieving for Spurs then forget securing top managers.

Well that's the reality of where we are until we get a new stadium. Look at our last few managers, where are they now? Jol is out of work. Ramos has just left the 2nd best team in Ukraine. Redknapp is managing in the Championship. AVB is managing Zenit. Sherwood is about go to Brighton. We have not had a top manager for 50 years, I don't expect one, there is nothing to attract them to the club. Maybe, maybe there is a small chance we could get Ancelotti if he gets sacked but that's it. LVG talked about us non-stop for 5 months but then chose United instead (understandable). The only managers who would jump at the chance to join us are up and comers like MoPo and FDB.

We did go backwards in the last 12 months but we're in the Europa League again. It's not like we turned into Newcastle.

Manager

Apparently City beat Porto to sign Kelechi Iheanacho, would be fantastic to see him do well by that reason only. He'll be able to play for City in the winter after turning 18, hope he's not too raw ability wise.

Nwakali recently commented about Iheanacho and City but the western media never picked it up, not sure if you've seen it:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201404280450.html

He praised the coach and the technical crew for doing a good job, adding that the players had been put through very intensive training sessions to bring out the best in them.

"I thank God for the kind of coaches we have and the information at our disposal because we play more of information rather than formation.

"I believe with the kind of information we have been exposed to, we can conquer any team that come our way," he said.

The defender noted that he would bring his wealth of experience from abroad into the team as they prepare for the African qualifiers.

"The experience I had abroad was more of tactical training, but here, we combine both tactical and technical training, which makes us stronger than them over there.

"The technical experience which Kelechi Iheanacho and I got from Coach Manu Garba and his crew was what gave us an edge.

"It makes us excel in the Manchester Youth team as well as train with the first team," he said.

Nwakali also said that he and Kelechi were looking forward to breaking into Manchester City's senior team.

"All we need is an opportunity to play; once that opportunity comes we will grab it with both hands and never let it slip away.

"As Nigerians, we always have a very strong mentality toward the game and we can fight to conquer any challenge that comes our way," he said. (NAN)

Haven't seen them on any training pictures though.

Buying players from Holland is a crapshoot
Buying players from Portugal is a pain in the arse
Buying players from Italy is a rarity
Buying players from America is idiotic
Buying players from Dortmund is the future

Zabojnik

Guess that's better than China..

tumblr_mn3wnpcCkf1s9dykmo1_500.gif

TREBLE DREAM IN TATTERS

Should you even be allowed to use Mad Men gifs? I don't know.

I wonder what happened with Kroos.

Did LvG really say no thanks. I just find it hard to believe.

Maybe he just decided to stay with Bayern and then see how things pan out for him on a free next summer. No need for him to rush I suppose.

LVG is supposedly a fine judge of players and Kroos is a shit player, soooo ... We dodged a Fellaini-sized bullet there.

every single BVB player flopped outside of BVB.

Southampton then :p

Sahin, Kagawa, Gotze. All shite. Weird.

I'd jizz myself silly if Lewandowski somehow flopped next year. They'd blitz the league regardless, but still.

Hummels will be boss wherever he goes. He's too good-looking to be shit.

Suen

What's the bet that if they lose to Atleti they'll simply hire Simeone after the final?

Would be the most Real Madrid thing ever.
That will never happen, it's like asking Inter to hire Maldini or Milan to hire Zanetti

Perez can make it happen

Personally I think Inter could be the next destination for Simeone once Mazzari is out. Former club, getting funded by Shinji and the inequality among clubs isn't as bad as it is in La Liga which he complained about lots this season. Lazio is shite and Sevilla is more or less like Atletico (not enough money, sell best players etc.). If he's not going to a former club then there's of course very good chances another big club picks him up after what he's displayed this season.

That will never happen, it's like asking Inter to hire Maldini or Milan to hire Zanetti

Perez can make it happen

Personally I think Inter could be the next destination for Simeone once Mazzari is out. Former club, getting funded by Shinji and the inequality among clubs isn't as bad as it is in La Liga which he complained about lots this season. Lazio is shite and Sevilla is more or less like Atletico (not enough money, sell best players etc.). If he's not going to a former club then there's of course very good chances another big club picks him up after what he's displayed this season.

I'm petrified of Man Utd eventually getting Klopp or Simeone. I don't want to hate them.

subtles

every single BVB player flopped outside of BVB.
What Klopp and Simeone have consistently done (I hope Brendan does it next year) with their players on a tactical level is nothing short of remarkable.

I really want the Atletico fitness coach if there will be an exodus.

Suen

Buying players from Holland is a crapshoot
Buying players from Portugal is a pain in the arse
Buying players from Italy is a rarity
Buying players from America is idiotic
Buying players from Dortmund is the future
Reus to Arsenal is happening isn't it?

#InWengerWeTrust

Simeone to Parma is all but confirmed.
Btw Ghirardhi is having a meltdown hahaha. I feel sorry for him.

I'm petrified of Man Utd eventually getting Klopp or Simeone. I don't want to hate them.
God I hope those two never go there. I like them quite lots, they have such a alluring aura surrounding them :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
GET OUR TICKETS FOR X MEN GUYSSSSSSS

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it's going to be shit. The trailer was too emo and melodramatic
Sahin, Kagawa, Gotze. All shite. Weird..

and Lucas Barrios
KuGsj.gif

From Dortmund to China to a bench warmer in Russia
KuGsj.gif

What Klopp and Simeone have consistently done (I hope Brendan does it next year) with their players on a tactical level is nothing short of remarkable.

Conte too -_- AND CONTE TOO

Still can't believe how close we were to being able to put Rodgers in that category. All we had to do was follow the damn train draw against Chelsea and beat Palace.

In hindsight, Chelsea should have been an easy, if frustrating draw, and Palace would have been a simple win if they played against us as they did, and we priorities points over goals.

FUCK.

Quadruple next season, yeah?

Zabojnik

I honestly don't understand why we're not bringing Berardi home for next season. Someone please explain this to me. He's clearly very talented. We don't have to win the next scudetto like we did three years ago, so it's the perfect time to bring in a couple of gifted & inexperienced players. We clearly need to shed some years off of our squad. We need wingers. Desperately, even. We already own half of him, buying the other half - either with cash of players - wouldn't break the bank.

What the FUCK are we thinking here?

Btw Ghirardhi is having a meltdown hahaha. I feel sorry for him.

About? The possible EL exclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom