• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not dumping all the faults on them :lol. As director, Abrams should also be responsible for poor choices on the script side alone.

The nostalgia in STID is abhorrent, and there is a massive amount of things going on at any given time. I don't think the pacing is necessarily bad, especially in ST09, and I think he has an eye for good casting. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with regards to the new Star Wars.
Thankfully, JJ Abrams is ignoring the Star Wars expanded universe so the things that are canon aren't as dense as Star Trek's.

Expecting good things from it.

Edit: Not to mention it isn't an alternate dimension quasi time travel reboot of a movie.

jtb

Banned
Chris Evans was inspired casting. wish he would get more roles, he killed it in Sunshine also.

other than that, meh. I mean, he didn't spectacularly fail with the casting but I didn't really think he hit it out of the park either. kind of like the Godzilla cast. it exists. it's there. Kick Ass wasn't horrible. and in Star Trek I don't think it added to the movie, but at least it didn't detract from it.

Wilbur

Banned
Chris Evans was inspired casting. wish he would get more roles, he killed it in Sunshine also.

other than that, meh. I mean, he didn't spectacularly fail with the casting but I didn't really think he hit it out of the park either. kind of like the Godzilla cast. it exists. it's there. Kick Ass wasn't horrible. and in Star Trek I don't think it added to the movie, but at least it didn't detract from it.

Chris Evans wasn't even in Star Trek you JERK

jtb

Banned
Chris Evans wasn't even in Star Trek you JERK

Chris Evans was in the only good scene in ST09.

(and even that sequence has all the hallmarks of a JJ Abrams film—unearned sentimentality, unearned nostalgia, frenetic pacing for frenetic pacing's sake, etc.)

Wilbur

Banned
oops Hemsworth. get all those Avengers mixed up lol

YOU GET MY POINT

Chris Evans is a good actor though.

Evans is good, wasted in Cap a bit I think. Does his job well but doesn't get to show much charisma. Hemsworth is a proper good Thor though. Not a big fan of either of his films but its top notch casting.

(in case you missed my edit, did you see this great piece on Godzilla - http://thedissolve.com/features/exposition/566-godzilla-the-first-post-human-blockbuster/)

Timurid

Rmgu9Dh.jpg
Hodor even carries Bran to basketball games.

Eh. If I was being handed the keys to my favourite franchise, you can be damned sure that I'm toeing the company line.

Guy's working for Disney now. Doesn't need to be making enemies.

GorillaJu

Odd I'm thinking of buying some new jawnz.

I already have Dior MIJs, and some imperials.

What jeans would you recommend?

Do you like 501 repro style jeans or do you like more modern fits?

Somet slim fits are pretty similar to Dior Homme but have much heavier denim. Diors are I think around 10.5 or 11oz, my Somets feel more like 14oz.

If you want higher rise/more classic fit, I would go with Eternal, or Studio d'Artisan.

If you need help getting Japanese jeans you can paypal me and I'll order them and ship them to you at cost.

Do you like 501 repro style jeans or do you like more modern fits?

Somet slim fits are pretty similar to Dior Homme but have much heavier denim. Diors are I think around 10.5 or 11oz, my Somets feel more like 14oz.

If you want higher rise/more classic fit, I would go with Eternal, or Studio d'Artisan.

If you need help getting Japanese jeans you can paypal me and I'll order them and ship them to you at cost.

I think I'll go for the Somet 008s. I used to use SharpService as a proxy for my japanese items, but when I gave them money for a Lad Musician sweater a while back, I didn't hear from them for 3 months. I eventually got my money back, but I lost the item as it was sold to someone else.

I'll probably order some in the next two weeks.

Blue in green is a ripoff. Aren't they charging like $100 more than they go for?

GorillaJu

I think I'll go for the Somet 008s. I used to use SharpService as a proxy for my japanese items, but when I gave them money for a Lad Musician sweater a while back, I didn't hear from them for 3 months. I eventually got my money back, but I lost the item as it was sold to someone else.

I'll probably order some in the next two weeks.

Yeah I've heard mixed things about SharpService. Send me a PM in a few weeks or whenever. This offer is extended for any FootyGaf members who find themselves needing something from Japan.

I have some Somet 008s and they're very nice.

Bro I'm buzzing out... We're nowhere near 100%. Our best goal scorer hasn't played a full match in 3/4 weeks due to injury, our best mid-fielder can't play due to yellow cards, our best defenseman is out due to injury... DiMaria and bale have minor injuries... Benzema may not play.

FUCK ME.

Current Sevilla coach whom Galliani has allegedly been in contact with. They seem intent on ousting Clarence but it'll cost em.

Basically we have to chose between a "decent" transfer (Rami or Taarabt. Keeping Seedorf would mean that we could afford one and the other would still be pretty much a realistic target) or saying goodbye to Seedorf. It's like they didn't even knew that he was going to have this personality, yet everybody else outside of Milan knew it.

Also, I don't want Agazzi. Old and mediocre GK, we should've gone for Perin. Or secure Scuffet.

Fuck, gonna need a shift swap to watch England-Uruguay. Opening match and Spain-Holland are the only other big group matches I'm missing otherwise, and if the opener wasn't the opener, it'd be a run-of-the-mill match, only with bonus Rakitic. Obviously though matches which appear to be unremarkable will turn into massive games when teams are on the brink of exiting the tournament, so that will be annoying.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Cant wait for todays transfer rumours :3

Money on the Shaw deal being off

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guardian article on Ancelotti says that Perez could sack him if they lose tomorrow? Maybe Levy is waiting to see if they win the CL before appointing a new manager.

Guardian article on Ancelotti says that Perez could sack him if they lose tomorrow? Maybe Levy is waiting to see if they win the CL before appointing a new manager.

Well they had a good shot at winning La Liga and Ancelotti bet it all on La Decima. I certainly want someones head to roll if it's going to be a titleless season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom