• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

I honestly don't understand why we're not bringing Berardi home for next season. Someone please explain this to me. He's clearly very talented. We don't have to win the next scudetto like we did three years ago. We clearly need to shed some years off of our squad. We need wingers. Desperately, even. We already own half of him, buying the other half - either with cash of players - wouldn't break the bank.

What the FUCK are we thinking here?

About? The possible EL exclusion?
Yeah, saying he's leaving the (football) world if they don't get the license. The dream is over Zabo.

306735_heroa.jpg

I honestly don't understand why we're not bringing Berardi home for next season. Someone please explain this to me. He's clearly very talented. We don't have to win the next scudetto like we did three years ago, so it's the perfect time to bring in a couple of gifted & inexperienced players. We clearly need to shed some years off of our squad. We need wingers. Desperately, even. We already own half of him, buying the other half - either with cash of players - wouldn't break the bank.

About? The possible EL exclusion?

So with co owning Berardi, is there a downside to letting him stay another year (aside from not having him)? Can another successful year somehow raise the price for us to get full ownership of him? Or how does it work?

Zabojnik

Yeah, saying he's leaving the (football) world if they don't get the license. The dream is over Zabo.

So you're saying he's losing sleep over it. 'Cause he certainly doesn't seem to be losing weight. *rimshot*

So with co owning Berardi, is there a downside to letting him stay another year (aside from not having him)? Can another successful year somehow raise the price for us to get full ownership of him? Or how does it work?

Yeah, there's that. So at the very least we should buy the second half now and loan him to Sassulo for another season. Although people are speculating that we've already agreed on the price with Sassuolo last year. It would explain why their president and sporting director aren't talking about it (much). Otherwise you'd probably hear the usual "Club X offered Y for Berardi? He's worth at least twice that" comments from them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I feel for Parma. I don't know the whole story, but are they really being excluded over 300k.....?

they're going to give the last Euro spot to Milan, aren't they?

because

-he's Italian (not a big name innit)
-it makes too much sense
-we don't think

subtles

Still can't believe how close we were to being able to put Rodgers in that category. All we had to do was follow the damn train draw against Chelsea and beat Palace.

In hindsight, Chelsea should have been an easy, if frustrating draw, and Palace would have been a simple win if they played against us as they did, and we priorities points over goals.

FUCK.

Quadruple next season, yeah?
My only concern at the moment is blitzing Madrid 5-0 in the first CL game (in quite sometime!) at Anfield.

The Everton game reminded me of those nights.

So much budo. So much life.

Suen

So you're saying he's losing sleep over it. 'Cause he certainly doesn't seem to be losing weight. *rimshot*
:loooooooool

I feel for Parma. I don't know the whole story, but are they really being excluded over 300k.....?

because

-it makes too much sense
-we don't think
We're basically being excluded for that yeah, some say we've already payed it now though. If we haven't we should just pay it, if we can't even pay 300k how do we plan to bring in new players in the summer? We should bring back some of our 5 million promising players and sell them to Zenit and Spurs.

Look at him. He's ready to take off this shirt for a Juve shirt. Why are we neglecting him?

"How come he don't want me man? ;_;"

tumblr_mzbrvaCCoj1t2bhw7o1_500.jpg

Look at him!

Suen

Btw Serie A-GAF, how is Cigarini doing? He was such a great talent but had to be sold off when we got relegated some years ago,

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i1FFeTRYnFiAg.gif

ioIFv967xepE0.gif

Btw Serie A-GAF, how is Cigarini doing? He was such a great talent but had to be sold off when we got relegated some years ago,
he plays for Atalanta. PLEASE BUY HIM BEFORE MAROTTA

Zabojnik

We're basically being excluded for that yeah, some say we've already payed it now though. If we haven't we should just pay it, if we can't even pay 300k how do we plan to bring in new players in the summer? We should bring back some of our 5 million promising players and sell them to Zenit and Spurs.

I think it's more of a principle ("we did nothing wrong") thing right now. I'm sure Parma will pay the 300k if it comes down to it.

Speaking of Parma. I might've mentioned before that the biggest local club here is in cahoots with them. HIT Gorica is basically a Parma subsidiary, the Italians use it to park & test some of the 100+ young players (it might be even more, I don't remember) they have on their books. Well, guess who I saw the other day. Remember Boniperti's nephew, Filippo? Him. They were interviewing him close to the training ground and for a moment there I kinda felt sad for him. A few years back, when he was with our primavera, people were hoping ... Well, you know what they were hoping, given the name. Now he's playing for HIT Gorica. Then I remembered that he's probably still making 100k+ EUR per year and any sadness I might've felt evaporated quicker than a cube of ice on Wilbur's smooth belly in the heat of the summer.

Lightning

Banned

because

-it makes too much sense
-we don't think
Is this a joke? UEFA have some seriously fucked up standards. What the hell is it all about?

Suen

I think it's more of a principle ("we did nothing wrong") thing right now. I'm sure Parma will pay the 300k if it comes down to it.

Speaking of Parma. I might've mentioned before that the biggest local club here is in cahoots with them. HIT Gorica is basically a Parma subsidiary, the Italians use it to park & test some of the 100+ young players (it might be even more, I don't remember) they have on their books. Well, guess who I saw the other day. Remember Boniperti's nephew, Filippo? Him. They were interviewing him close to the training ground and for a moment there I kinda felt sad for him. A few years back, when he was with our primavera, people were hoping ... Well, you know what they were hoping, given the name. Now he's playing for HIT Gorica.
We take on so many players that I didn't even realize we had him. I guess his father legacy didn't live on in him (so far...), but I tend to feel sorry for players like that, they get such huge pressure on them just because of name. I hope we'll look for some more young players this summer from the huge amount we have. We have far too many old players and while you can appreciate their experience you need young ones to carry on the team and bring in something new to the team (and potentially get a few gems among them).

Then I remembered that he's probably still making 100k+ EUR per year and any sadness I might've felt evaporated quicker than a cube of ice on Wilbur's smooth belly in the heat of the summer.
:looooooool

Is this a joke? UEFA have some seriously fucked up standards. What the hell is it all about?
We loan our players, clubs can't pay the entire salary of the player so we pay the rest which the other club will then have to pay back, something about not paying the income taxes etc etc etc. Basically everything is a joke,

edit: btw the issue is not with UEFA but with the Italian FA

Carbonox

Postman scared to come to my door cos of the bees that have made a nest above my neighbour's door in some wooden panelling. He looked like he was about to cry.

Manager

Sky Sports Italy

European sources says €50m (£40m), while English newspapers says £50m. Wonder which one it is.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/psg-david-luiz-the-agreement-is-close-the-details/
David Luiz is ready to fly to Paris. The negotiation between PSG and Chelsea is proceeding quickly, the agreement is now very close. Chelsea will receive €50 million. This purchase will allow PSG to sell Marquinhos, who is on Barcelona's radar. Alex, instead, will probably renew with PSG. David Luiz is ready to leave Chelsea.

Carbonox

No wonder it's moving quickly, I bet chelsea are in hysterics that PSG offered this much. They want to get it done quickly before PSG grow some brain cells.

Walshy

How can David Luiz command a €50m fee?

As in what performances have justified him being worth €50m. I can't think of many.

Salazar

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 18m
Man Uts fans not happy with James McCarthy? He is one of the best defensive midfielders in England, it is clear why they would want him.

Of course we're not fucking happy

Lining up to get milked by Everton again for a player who will at best help us tread water outside the top 4

Made a Keisuke Honda inspired jacket purchase.

Of course we're not fucking happy

Lining up to get milked by Everton again for a player who will at best help us tread water outside the top 4

Made a Keisuke Honda inspired jacket purchase.

McCarthy is alot better than you're suggesting there.

However he will cos £20m+ now which is going to be excessive.

He's just such a no frills player.

Effective but that's it.

Our midfield needs a heart transplant, not CPR.

If it was Carvalho people would be happier. They're basically the same from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom