• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCarthy is alot better than you're suggesting there.

However he will cos £20m+ now which is going to be excessive.

If it was Carvalho people would be happier. They're basically the same from what I can tell.

Carvalho's younger and on an upwards trajectory. And he's getting into Portugal's national team already.

pappe

Martinez was interested in Clevz wasnt he? Maybe we are doing a swap. Wouldnt mind that. I am fine with signing Mccarthy as long as that does not hamper us signing a few other CMs. We need more than a couple of CMs to compete throughout the year. I dont want us to sign Cesc and when he gets injured be forced to play Cleverley.

just been reminded of someone who calls themselves a pro at fifa yet cant score a single goal on semi pro difficulty against league 2 teams while playing as Arsenal

Carvalho's younger and on an upwards trajectory. And he's getting into Portugal's national team already.

McCarthy is 23, Carvalho 22.

Portugal's team is pretty shit so I don't know if playing for them is that big of a deal.

I'm not crazy about signing McCarthy, especially for what it would cost. But he's a good player - proved it this season. Said I wouldn't have been unhappy if we signed him last summer along with somebody who had a bit more about them. Feel the same now.

pappe

McCarthy is 23, Carvalho 22.

Portugal's team is pretty shit so I don't know if playing for them is that big of a deal.

I'm not crazy about signing McCarthy, especially for what it would cost. But he's a good player - proved it this season. Said I wouldn't have been unhappy if we signed him last summer along with somebody who had a bit more about them. Feel the same now.

Mata-Carrick-Mccarthy would be a decent Midfield 3 in a 4-3-3.

Plus he also has this special attack.

Sir.William.corte.2.HQ.gif

dc89

I don't like to speculate on City's transfers these days as I just place my faith in Txiki to sign the right players in a quick manner.

It's kinda boring tbh, I miss the last day scrambles for Robinho and his ilk.

Mata-Carrick-Mccarthy would be a decent Midfield 3 in a 4-3-3.

McCarthy would basically be a Carrick replacement, wouldn't really want to see them playing alongside each other too often. Not sure if McCarthy's passing range is quite as good as Carrick's has been - but it's decent anyway.

All that said - it's SkySports, not really worth battering an eyelid until one of the more reliable Manchester journalists who are on Woodward's contact list report anything.

But turning your nose up at McCarthy, to me, just seems like wanting more exciting and exotic signings. Which are good too - but not every signing can be like that, nor should it.

Blablurn

Kmi4Xyy.png

"Regarding all the speculations you should read BILD today. There is nothing else to say about this."

BILD:

Kroos: "I assume that I will play for Bayern next year."

He also says: "There were a lot of speculations. But Manchester was and still is not an option."

-----

Fuck. We should sell him :( Why don't you wanna go, Kroos??? WHY

McCarthy would basically be a Carrick replacement, wouldn't really want to see them playing alongside each other too often. Not sure if McCarthy's passing range is quite as good as Carrick's has been - but it's decent anyway.

All that said - it's SkySports, not really worth battering an eyelid until one of the more reliable Manchester journalists who are on Woodward's contact list report anything.

But turning your nose up at McCarthy, to me, just seems like wanting more exciting and exotic signings. Which are good too - but not every signing can be like that, nor should it.

I'm just extrapolating what this means if we're going for him this soon. Does this mean he's on our A list? Or has everyone already rejected us and we're on our C list players? Is this the kind of player we can expect this summer?

I'm just extrapolating what this means if we're going for him this soon. Does this mean he's on our A list? Or has everyone already rejected us and we're on our C list players? Is this the kind of player we can expect this summer?

I don't think we should extrapolate anything from it just yet. Maybe he is on this "A List" as one of 3, the other two who are Vidal and Pogba. It's one single rumour - can't really extrapolate anything from that.

At the end of the day, we shouldn't expect to sign world class players. We aren't in the Champions League and we're not the only club that can pay good money. I'm still hopeful we can get someone of that ilk but it's not going to be easy to do it.

Jezza running with Konoplyanka now. That's a good example - we're not getting someone like Reus unless a lot of things fall our way. So players like that are the ones we should expect.

pappe

I don't think we should extrapolate anything from it just yet. Maybe he is on this "A List" as one of 3, the other two who are Vidal and Pogba. It's one single rumour - can't really extrapolate anything from that.

At the end of the day, we shouldn't expect to sign world class players. We aren't in the Champions League and we're not the only club that can pay good money. I'm still hopeful we can get someone of that ilk but it's not going to be easy to do it.

Jezza running with Konoplyanka now. That's a good example - we're not getting someone like Reus unless a lot of things fall our way. So players like that are the ones we should expect.

Fuck Moyes!

Feorax

I'm far from worried, but it would be nice to have a real early statement of intent from Liverpool this window.

Our last couple of windows have been quite poor, but with the caveat of spending within our means and not having CL football to offer, it was sort of understandable. There's no excuse this time though, we can't progress on the pitch, but still be making fundemental mistakes off it, otherwise everything is likely to fall apart.

That isn't saying much.

Is that what passes for achievement for Portugal?

No, just saying that if Portugal has a shit team, England's no better. Carvalho is already part of the national team and is someone who clearly has the confidence to play on the big stage. He made his official international debut by being brought on to the match against Sweden while we were losing and immediately made an impact in the game. If he gets some playing time on Brazil, more people will realize the quality and the potential he has.

Walshy

Liverpool seem to be in the market for another forward and have been linked with Remy today by Sky and the Press Association.

Him and Bony have been linked so far from 'credible' sources. Would like to have another quality forward on the bench.

I'm far from worried, but it would be nice to have a real early statement of intent from Liverpool this window.

Our last couple of windows have been quite poor, but with the caveat of spending within our means and not having CL football to offer, it was sort of understandable. There's no excuse this time though, we can't progress on the pitch, but still be making fundemental mistakes off it, otherwise everything is likely to fall apart.
I'm really worried about Ayre. I still think he is in the wrong role.

We need to do the majority of our transfers before the world cup.

Tc91

Calma about McCarthy, it's only May that story will be dead in a few days and we'll all be aboard the hype train for the next target.

Gonna be a long summer.

Walshy

Remy at Liverpool would be class. Great backup to have.
i think he's going to go to Arsenal, but he would be a seriously good addition. He's versatile, can stretch defenses and would seamlessly slot into how we play.

Would be more than just a back-up though I think, he would get a lot of game time with Liverpool playing in more competitions and Sturridge's injury record.

Feorax

If we're looking at Remy, then I'm assuming Borini is going to be playing wide pretty much exclusively next season. If he's happy with that then great.

Borini, Remy and Lallana as our attacking additions would be a fantastic window.

Jack cw

Srsly what the hell is wrong with him? Isn't a shitload of money from MU enough?

Nothing is wrong with him. He is a phenomenal player most of the time but his demands at Bayerns board are seriously annoying because all he does with this is cause trouble within the team. I'm sure they will find an agreement around 8 million a year but to drive that publicly in the media is daft and thats why many Bayern fans are annoyed of him.

Ser Goje

Nothing is wrong with him. He is a phenomenal player most of the time but his demands at Bayerns board are seriously annoying because all he does with this is cause trouble within the team. I'm sure they will find an agreement around 8 million a year but to drive that publicly in the media is daft and thats why many Bayern fans are annoyed of him.

I honestly don't care anymore. They just need to get it over with so we can start buying some players. We need a good defender.

-----------

IGN's review of X-MEN DoFP is good btw.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is the most ambitious entry in the franchise and also the most rewarding, allowing fans to see the casts of both the original trilogy and First Class join forces in one action-packed, high-stakes, and surprisingly witty adventure film. Professor X asks at one point if the past can be reworked to alter the future. In the case of the X-Men movie franchise, the answer is yes.

and they gave it a 8.8

3Sixty

Dan Brett ‏@DanBrett90 33m

BREAKING NEWS: Mauricio Pochettino is set to stay on as Southampton manager after agreeing terms with the board. #saintsfc

Small time journalist and pompy fan.

BUT I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Dan Brett ‏@DanBrett90 33m

BREAKING NEWS: Mauricio Pochettino is set to stay on as Southampton manager after agreeing terms with the board. #saintsfc

Small time journalist and pompy fan.

BUT I WANT TO BELIEVE.

While you're here, why were Jason Dodd & Paul Williams sacked?

3Sixty

While you're here, why were Jason Dodd & Paul Williams sacked?

No one really knows.

Solid rumour is Poch didn't like them for some reason and was part of his agreement to sign new deal.

Aside for Dodd being a legend, not convinced either of them bought alot to the coaching set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom