• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaburn, can you help my friend Deacon out with another floating head avatar :D?

Shazier_170.jpg

Pennywise

what a waste. you think that's true? I thought it was just the BS Leverkusen said at the start of the season to justify why Hyypia was going to take charge as solo coach.

They asked him before the season started and once Hypiä was gone, however he's just not the type to endure the madness of Bundesliga.
These types of humans actually exist, and he got a pretty good youth team.

It's less cuntish to put in a transfer request and do things amicably than it is to try and engineer a move while receiving your loyalty bonus, and leave under a cloud of duplicity

If he put in a request, and we failed to make a sufficient offer, I'm sure he's professioal enough to carry on doing his best. Not sure how much difference it'd make to Saints fans either, at some point it becomes obvious when a player wants to leave whether they put a request in or not.

Elchele

They asked him before the season started and once Hypiä was gone, however he's just not the type to endure the madness of Bundesliga.
These types of humans actually exist, and he got a pretty good youth team.

But he isn't even coaching Leverkusen II anymore, is he? He's "just" the head of youth at Leverkusen.

dc89

Let's admit it, the Bundesliga trophy is pretty shitty. It's like one of those fancy serving plates you see in a department store.

faridmon

Very fun and soulful rock band. Saw them at a festival some time back. What's really expensive though? Over here it's 16 euros including fees which is pretty normal for rather small bands like these guys over here. They're usually between 16 and 25 depending on their status. For new bands with just an EP or one album it's usually a bit lower like 10 euros.

Not really expensive, but quite pricey. For one, they are playing in a venue that most of the time charge £6 - 10 for a gig, In fact I saw some, relatively, big names such as Slow Club and Melody Echo Chamber for as low as £9. And two, I saw a lot of bands who are bigger than them in a better venue for lower than £17 (which is the price they are charging). IN fact, I just bought Melt-Banana tickets for £11, which actually surprised me tbh.

Also, I am quite poor these days, so that price is quite steep considering my situation :(

Linius

Let's admit it, the Bundesliga trophy is pretty shitty. It's like one of those fancy serving plates you see in a department store.

I have to side with the bundesliga bros since we have plates our selve. And as you can see above they come in handy if you have a lot of them. We can give a dinner for 33 people in fact.

Linius

Not really expensive, but quite pricey. For one, they are playing in a venue that most of the time charge £6 - 10 for a gig, In fact I saw some, relatively, big names such as Slow Club and Melody Echo Chamber for as low as £9. And two, I saw a lot of bands who are bigger than them in a better venue for lower than £17 (which is the price they are charging). IN fact, I just bought Melt-Banana tickets for £11, which actually surprised me tbh.

Also, I am quite poor these days, so that price is quite steep considering my situation :(

About 21 euros would be about the max I would want to pay for a band like White Denim. I can see your troubles. They are a lot bigger than Melody though I have to say. At least over here. They have quite a big catalogue by now and they achieved a certain status after years of making music.

Yen

Those big names aren't big at all.

Marc

Hannibal just seems to find new ways to be creepy and fucked up. I will say again, the casting of Michael Pitt as Mason is genius.

Congrats to Yurt and JuveGaf on the title btw, forgot to say earlier.

I literally don't have a clue where you are in the game :p

If you're at the beginning, it goes thus

Tutorial section
Difficult boss, virtually unbeatable
Go through open door on the left (from the entrance) of the boss area
Defeat enemies, explore, find decent sword
Enter fog gate
Defeat boss (stay behind him, when he flies into the air FUCKING RUN. Hit and run tactics, attack 2 or 3 times then concentrate on staying behind him while you regain stamina)
Receive key
Unlock main door, go to end of level

You don't need to worry about Human and Hollow form just yet, if at all :)

Few important basic tips that will help immeasurably

-Shield up at all times
-Stamina management
-If you're not sure you have enough of a window to attack without reply, don't
-Never turn your back to a close enemy
-Kite enemies into advantageous positions, try to aggro one at a time
-Take it slow with enemies with high HP
-Circle-strafe
-Get ready to roll
-Learn enemy attack patterns

The Souls games will destroy you if you don't pay attention to your stamina, or if you get cocky. A lot of it will come down to persistence.

Stupid unless it's because of a death. Players should aspire to fill our number 7 shirt

That's because he's most likely talking about Demon's Souls. If you read his post with that game in mind, it makes more sense.

Yeah, I meant Demon Souls... got them mixed up sorry I am an idiot. :( Good spot Requiem.

Although nearly all of that seems to apply and make sense, I was mostly struggling with the sense of what I was supposed to be doing. Usually you get a task and have to achieve it, this just kind of drops you outside a castle and says have at it. Will just not worry about it and go with the flow more.

Thanks Hitcher, will not worry about the death stuff and just push on through and see where I get to. Can always look at a demon souls lets play or something.

Filling the gap while I wait for Watch Dogs to release and drop in price anyway.

faridmon

About 21 euros would be about the max I would want to pay for a band like White Denim. I can see your troubles. They are a lot bigger than Melody though I have to say. At least over here. They have quite a big catalogue by now and they achieved a certain status after years of making music.

True about them being bigger than Melody Echo Chamber.

The annoying thing, is that I wasn't planning to go, except that Deathcrush happened to support them which vexed me. I wouldn't mind paying that much, if I knew about them then fair, but paying that much in order to see the supporter band is a bit annoying.

Well, at least they are fun, according to you, so maybe, I'll even enjoy them :)

Linius

True about them being bigger than Melody Echo Chamber.

The annoying thing, is that I wasn't planning to go, except that Deathcrush happened to support them which vexed me. I wouldn't mind paying that much, if I knew about them then fair, but paying that much in order to see the supporter band is a bit annoying.

Well, at least they are fun, according to you, so maybe, I'll even enjoy them :)

We don't like every band the same so please don't yell at me if you happen to hate them :(

I've been to a band for the support act too btw. Went to a Two Door Cinema Club gig to see Alt-J in 2012 :p

Yeah, I meant Demon Souls... got them mixed up sorry I am an idiot. :( Good spot Requiem.

Although nearly all of that seems to apply and make sense, I was mostly struggling with the sense of what I was supposed to be doing. Usually you get a task and have to achieve it, this just kind of drops you outside a castle and says have at it. Will just not worry about it and go with the flow more.

Thanks Hitcher, will not worry about the death stuff and just push on through and see where I get to. Can always look at a demon souls lets play or something.

Filling the gap while I wait for Watch Dogs to release and drop in price anyway.

Demons is pretty simple. First tip is ignore the world tendency stuff, just play it on the fly

Exhaust NPC dialogue in the Nexus and explore (best hub evah)
Touch an archstone
Try and play level
If it's too hard, try another archstone
Carry on with that pattern until it's finished :p

If you're human and don't want to be invaded, kill yourself in the Nexus. You won't be able to summon if you do this though.

Hixx

£2.50 for a tiny birthday card.

It's a disgrace. I'm just going to print one of Wooden's art pieces off next time.

faridmon

We don't like every band the same so please don't yell at me if you happen to hate them :(

I've been to a band for the support act too btw. Went to a Two Door Cinema Club gig to see Alt-J in 2012 :p

Nah, I am sure, It'll be fun
a full refund pls

Don't get me wrong, I do go to gig for supporter bands as well, but when you are a student it doesn't matter as much :Spending money is the norm :p
Also, this is my 5th gig in this month alone

*sigh*

£2.50 for a tiny birthday card.

It's a disgrace. I'm just going to print one of Wooden's art pieces off next time.

I fucking hate buying and receiving cards. The recipient looks at it for 5 seconds, says 'that's nice' and from that moment on it's consigned to the top of a mantelpiece for a week or two, then thrown in the bin. Plus it's awkward trying to make it look like you're appreciative when you get one

#ungrateful&proud

faridmon

I fucking hate buying and receiving cards. The recipient looks at it for 5 seconds, says 'that's nice' and from that moment on it's consigned to the top of a mantelpiece for a week or two, then thrown in the bin. Plus it's awkward trying to make it look like you're appreciative when you get one

#ungrateful&proud

I still have all my birthday cards and I appreciate them very much, personally!

yes, all 5 of them

Linius

Nah, I am sure, It'll be fun
a full refund pls

Don't get me wrong, I do go to gig for supporter bands as well, but when you are a student it doesn't matter as much :Spending money is the norm :p
Also, this is my 5th gig in this month alone

*sigh*

Yeah, money is holding me back as well. Also getting days off. This month I'm missing out on seeing Mac DeMarco, again. He always comes here at inconvenient times for me :/

Hixx

#ungrateful&proud

I agree. I fucking hate getting cards, not arsed about giving coz I don't give a fuck if they read it or not, it's a token gesture innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom