• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Having seen us without Europe this year, I'd much rather finish 4th than 3rd in the CL group next year
For the Newcastles and Spurs of the world, sure, but you can't be thinking that as a Liverpool supporter in 2014. You've come within spitting distance of winning the league. You could very well win the Europa League. Just buy some quality players in the summer. Anyway, it's insurance in case something happens next season

Linius

ATcTYCp.png

he's joining RB Leipzig after one year break apparently LOL

Well, that's not really the worst for him if he really needs a break. Too many rumors at the moment, though, not sure I believe that link. He might as well do another year with Mainz and then take the break. Who knows if Leipzig is in the first league in 2015.

Elchele

Well, that's not really the worst for him if he really needs a break. Too many rumors at the moment, though, not sure I believe that link. He might as well do another year with Mainz and then take the break. Who knows if Leipzig is in the first league in 2015.

yeah. It would make too much sense for Schalke to get him, so I don't see it happening.

Blablurn

Mainz qualified for the Euro League and no one cares because of Tuchels exit. Poor fans. The Club should behave more professional.

Linius

You guys only get one automatic spot?

Double-oof

:p

Yeah, we're screwed. Number one goes directly and number two starts in the third QF round. There we have to face clubs like Dinamo Kiev, PAOK etc. And then in the next round we usually face clubs like Milan, Schalke or Arsenal. Some of these are doable but considering it's Feyenoord I don't expect anything. The last club to make it to the CL that way was Ajax five years back by beating PAOK in the third round and Kiev in the fourth round. Lucky draws.

Yeah, we're screwed. Number one goes directly and number two starts in the third QF round. There we have to face clubs like Dinamo Kiev, PAOK etc. And then in the next round we usually face clubs like Milan, Schalke or Arsenal. Some of these are doable but considering it's Feyenoord I don't expect anything. The last club to make it to the CL that way was Ajax five years back by beating PAOK in the third round and Kiev in the fourth round. Lucky draws.

How on earth are you supposed to improve your coefficient when you have such a massive roadblock? Europa League progress?

Sounds like a bit of a downward spiral, the further the coefficient falls, the harder it is to get it back up

Blablurn

lol. there will be two press conferences in mainz because tuchel does not want to be in the same room as mainz' sport director lol

No idea. But I heard Veh is going back to Stuttgart lol. Crazy rumors going around.

btw, that tuchel to leipzig rumor comes from matthäus lol

Veh to Stuttgart makes kinda sense. I guess. Although Stuttgart is shite, I can see him wanting to go back. Stevens is gone, anyway.

So, it's obviously bullshit lol

Linius

How on earth are you supposed to improve your coefficient when you have such a massive roadblock? Europa League progress?

Sounds like a bit of a downward spiral, the further the coefficient falls, the harder it is to get it back up

Yeah, the only way is by not fucking up the EL year after year. That way the clubs individually get more points which could ultimately result in a 'placed status' so we can dodge the bigger clubs. And the league gets points in the process as well so we can maybe get our third CL spot back. But I don't see that happening in a long time to be honest. The clubs that can actually do something in Europe keep screwing up, PSV and Twente even went out in the group stages this season. And Ajax always does a fine job getting third in tough CL groups but then does nothing in the EL. We got kicked by the likes of Steau Bucharest and Redbull Salzburg. This season especially was a disaster. Not just PSV and Twente fucked up. Feyenoord failed to qualify for the EL because of some low ranked eastern European club. And Utrecht was beaten by a bunch of amateur football players from Luxembourg.

Elchele

lol. there will be two press conferences in mainz because tuchel does not want to be in the same room as mainz' sport director lol

good to know the speculation about him being a cunt was just bs

No idea. But I heard Veh is going back to Stuttgart lol. Crazy rumors going around.

btw, that tuchel to leipzig rumor comes from matthäus lol

Veh to Stuttgart makes kinda sense. I guess. Although Stuttgart is shite, I can see him wanting to go back. Stevens is gone, anyway.

So, it's obviously bullshit lol

Why is Stevens gone? I think he's a great choice to bring some stability back to Stuttgart. Veh is apparently going to be the new Greece national team coach.

Blablurn

good to know the speculation about him being a cunt was just bs

Why is Stevens gone? I think he's a great choice to bring some stability back to Stuttgart. Veh is apparently going to be the new Greece national team coach.

stevens said he already needed a break after getting fired in greece. but then the stuttgart offer came and he went for it. but he is burnt out now.

faridmon

Hey, linius, what do you know of White Denim?

I am going to see them live, just because they are supported by this great Noise-alt Norwegian band called Deathcrush, but the bloody Gig is really expensive. Why?

Feorax

Transfer muppetry ahoy!

Rumour has is we've apparently put in a £16m bid for Lallana about 2 days ago. We've also seemingly put in a bit for Alberto Moreno, but no figure for that one.

Personally, I don't think Saints will let him go for that without a transfer request (which Lallana won't do because he's not a cunt). Moreno is being looked at by a lot of clubs too, so I'm not convinced that one will be tied up quickly if we are interested.

faridmon

Transfer muppetry ahoy!

Rumour has is we've apparently put in a £16m bid for Lallana about 2 days ago. We've also seemingly put in a bit for Alberto Moreno, but no figure for that one.

Personally, I don't think Saints will let him go for that without a transfer request (which Lallana won't do because he's not a cunt). Moreno is being looked at by a lot of clubs too, so I'm not convinced that one will be tied up quickly if we are interested.

Only cunts put on transfer requests?

justjohn

Transfer muppetry ahoy!

Lol, 16m for a highly rated English youngster?

King_Moc

Banned

I am going to see them live, just because they are supported by this great Noise-alt Norwegian band called Deathcrush, but the bloody Gig is really expensive. Why?

BBC 6 music worship them. Not listened to them much myself.

Linius

Very fun and soulful rock band. Saw them at a festival some time back. What's really expensive though? Over here it's 16 euros including fees which is pretty normal for rather small bands like these guys over here. They're usually between 16 and 25 depending on their status. For new bands with just an EP or one album it's usually a bit lower like 10 euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom