• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Sad day

BnVtRYTIcAAtWgn.jpg

RIP to the 56. Thoughts always with the family of those affected

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Mourinho spraying white cream on his nipples for the joy

Sad day

BnVtRYTIcAAtWgn.jpg

the Bradford fire, right?

RIP <3

noal

Banned
Sad day

BnVtRYTIcAAtWgn.jpg

I think, if my memory is right, I watched this on Grandstand while it was happening. Terrible tradegy.

We had a fire safety course at work a few years ago and they use footage of the Bradford fire to help people understand how fire can spread and the dangers,not just of the fire itself, but the smoke and fumes.

RIP.

Blablurn

lol. apparently pep sends out scouts to training sessions of outer teams. even when they go for a secret sessions peps scouts are high up on roofs and film it anyway.

LTWheels

Finally maxed my stats in FFX HD and taken down the Dark Aeons. Just Penance to go and I've defeated everything in this game again.

HP is not maxed though. That's still 9999 since you dont need more than that to beat everything in this game.

Where do you go to grind to level up? I'm at the final boss and I haven't got Curaga yet.

The Dark Aeons, Omega Ruins, and the monster you make from catching monster all 1 hit kill me.

bud23

Today is a historic day for Atletico, they will win their first La Liga title in 18 years.

diego-pablo-simeone.jpg

simeone.jpg

Dat Cholo. Congrats.

Tc91

Finally maxed my stats in FFX HD and taken down the Dark Aeons. Just Penance to go and I've defeated everything in this game again.

HP is not maxed though. That's still 9999 since you dont need more than that to beat everything in this game.

I'm getting a little worn out going for the platinum in FFX. Stat grinding is annoying.

Lightning you should try out FF14, it's great.

Aye it's a great game, might resub soon.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
lol. apparently pep sends out scouts to training sessions of outer teams. even when they go for a secret sessions peps scouts are high up on roofs and film it anyway.

never forget

316631_heroa.jpg

In a frankly bizarre twist, Sampdoria caught a Genoa scout dressed in camouflage gear spying on their training ahead of Sunday&#8217;s derby.

The two local rivals will face off at Marassi on Sunday at 19.45 UK time. Click here for a match preview.

It seems Genoa were hoping to gain an advantage, but were left red-faced when Primavera youth team goalkeeping Coach Luca De Prà was caught spying on Samp&#8217;s training session.

It was Sampdoria who revealed the strange story with a statement on their official website and photograph of the man dressed in full camouflage gear to hide in the bushes outside the Bogliasco camp.

&#8220;We knew the derby was a matter of nerve, tactics and strategy, but we frankly never expected it to become a matter of espionage,&#8221; read the Sampdoria site.

&#8220;And yet, in Genoa, this too can happen. Just two days before the big match, Delio Rossi ordered training behind closed doors and an emissary from the other team was asked to spy on the tactical systems for Sunday night.

&#8220;It was a real secret mission set by the Genoa generals, a military action with full camouflage gear and mountain boots.

&#8220;Like a would-be Rambo hidden in the Poggio bushes, Luca De Prà, Coach of the Primavera youth team goalkeepers from the club of such noble descendants, could not fight the counter-measures of the Blucerchiati&#8217;s intelligence services.

&#8220;However, there are no prisoners, nor bloodshed. Once he was caught in the act, with his hands in the cookie jar, the soldier from the other side was set free so he could return to base.

&#8220;After all, one must always forgive enemies, as nothing irritates them more.&#8221;

Genoa released their own statement assuring the spying mission was his "personal initiative" and De Prà has been suspended awaiting "an explanation."

Mazzarri sent his own spies too, and still lost 4-2.

Finally got my European Version(preferred the cover) from play asia sent to me this week. I look forward to starting it this upcoming week.

Lightning

Banned
Where do you go to grind to level up? I'm at the final boss and I haven't got Curaga yet.

The Dark Aeons, Omega Ruins, and the monster you make from catching monster all 1 hit kill me.
I grinded on the highbridge, just before the second Seymour fight, so I maxed out the grids my characters were currently on, this took around 1hr as the enemies there gave about 9000ap per battle. That makes you strong enough to start taming straight away and capturing the enemies in the calm lands and cavern of the stolen faith. That unlocks Don Tonberry who I used to cover the entire sphere grid as he can give you max ap if you use the right weapons.

Since you can't do the highbridge you can level inside sin or at Zanarkand since the enemies in both those areas give great ap. Do it by a save sphere to heal yourself after battle. You'll level up pretty fast.

You're way under levelled though. You should have learnt Curaga by the time you went to Mt Gagazat.

I'm getting a little worn out going for the platinum in FFX. Stat grinding is annoying.
Stat grinding is pretty quick, except for magic and luck.

Jumbo Flan is a nightmare to fight and luck requires battling Earth Eater and Greater Sphere so is time consuming. I always max agility first, gives you lots of turns. Use attack reels and entrust to kill Fenrir quickly.

WJD

The Times say van Gaal is bringing Rene Muelensteen back to United.

Smart move.

So likely coaching staff is Giggs, Meulensteen and...? Kluivert's a no go right?

Can't wait until 4:45 today.
providing Big Sam hasn't done the unthinkable

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I've got a horrible feeling about today's game. The final insult of this stupid season would be slipping behind United and out of Europe on the final day.

LTWheels

I grinded on the highbridge, just before the second Seymour fight, so I maxed out the grids my characters were currently on, this took around 1hr as the enemies there gave about 9000ap per battle. That makes you strong enough to start taming straight away and capturing the enemies in the calm lands and cavern of the stolen faith. That unlocks Don Tonberry who I used to cover the entire sphere grid as he can give you max ap if you use the right weapons.

Since you can't do the highbridge you can level inside sin or at Zanarkand since the enemies in both those areas give great ap. Do it by a save sphere to heal yourself after battle. You'll level up pretty fast.

You're way under levelled though. You should have learnt Curaga by the time you went to Mt Gagazat.

Cheers. I think with how the game's leveling system works it's quite easy to complete the game underleveled. I have tons of items and using the right resists from accessories had got me through the game so far. I am using the expert sphere grid, maybe that has slower progression than the normal one.

I've finished Wakka and Auron sphere grid. Everyone still has around 2000 hp. Finally got hastaga before the last boss. The last Seymour fight was a right pain. Had Yuna with an item that gave her fire, lightening, blizzard and water eater. Her job was to just constantly cast Life and Nul spells as I slowly took down his health.

LTWheels

@ColeenRoo: Good luck to Liverpool FC today!! Great season!! Fingers crossed!!

Quite funny to see all the abuse she is getting on twitter for being a Liverpool fan.

Feorax

I've got a horrible feeling about today's game. The final insult of this stupid season would be slipping behind United and out of Europe on the final day.

I still can't quite believe you've managed to get into 6th place on the last day of the season with a GD of +1.

Lightning

Banned
Cheers. I think with how the game's leveling system works it's quite easy to complete the game underleveled. I have tons of items and using the right resists from accessories had got me through the game so far. I am using the expert sphere grid, maybe that has slower progression than the normal one.

I've finished Wakka and Auron sphere grid. Everyone still has around 2000 hp. Finally got hastaga before the last boss. The last Seymour fight was a right pain. Had Yuna with an item that gave her fire, lightening, blizzard and water eater. Her job was to just constantly cast Life and Nul spells as I slowly took down his health.
Expert grid is what I'm using, pretty much the same just everything is placed out of order. Not as many nodes though, so slightly harder but not much.

Your current set up is fine. If you beat the 3rd Seymour battle you can beat the final boss.

Spam overdrives, talk to him and you'll win. Final boss is pretty easy in this game.

I'd rather have no Europe at all than europa league. Season killer.

Wilbur

Banned
Missing everything today. Working 12-11:15, which means I have to leave my house at half 10 and I'll be home at half 12

do it for me Atleti

do it for me City

but most of all

do it for me Giggseh

Atalanta-Milan in half an hour, our XI: Amelia; De Sciglio, Rami, Mexes, Constant; Montolivo, De Jong, Muntari; Honda; Kakà, Balotelli.

Let's get dat 7th place.

Labadal

Fuck, i don't want the season to end. it's been so much fun despite Chokerpools last games. The World Cup will be fun to watch and make the wait a bit easier, but I can't wait for next season.

I know some (a lot) of people make fun of doicare, but in one respect, he's right: We didn't have any European competition this season. It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. We can't offload many players. We still need like five decent to good players for next season. If we get rid of two, we will need seven instead of five.
Will we be able to keep Suarez? That's another question I am asking myself. If Real Madrid come knocking on the door as CL champions, it will be kind of hard to resist for him.

We still need 2 new defenders, one box-to-box midfielder, player that can play anywhere in the offense and a goalscorer.

Oh Brenton, touch my face.

Yen

Fuck, i don't want the season to end. it's been so much fun despite Chokerpools last games. The World Cup will be fun to watch and make the wait a bit easier, but I can't wait for next season.

I know some (a lot) of people make fun of doicare, but in one respect, he's right: We didn't have any European competition this season. It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. We can't offload many players. We still need like five decent to good players for next season. If we get rid of two, we will need seven instead of five.
Will we be able to keep Suarez? That's another question I am asking myself. If Real Madrid come knocking on the door as CL champions, it will be kind of hard to resist for him.

We still need 2 new defenders, one box-to-box midfielder, player that can play anywhere in the offense and a goalscorer.

Oh Brenton, touch my face.
Having Ilori, Wisdom, Suso and Borini (assuming he stays) will help

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Missing everything today. Working 12-11:15, which means I have to leave my house at half 10 and I'll be home at half 12

do it for me Atleti

do it for me City

but most of all

do it for me Giggseh

this is all damage control

your attempts at minimizing the negative perception caused by you actively supporting Liverpool in the past few months ain't working.

we can still smell Brendan's sweaty palms on your face

L1NETT

I think, if my memory is right, I watched this on Grandstand while it was happening. Terrible tradegy.

We had a fire safety course at work a few years ago and they use footage of the Bradford fire to help people understand how fire can spread and the dangers,not just of the fire itself, but the smoke and fumes.

RIP.

Aye

Nice to see some other clubs, albeit on twitter, give their remembrance. Always been less remembered than other tragedies.

Peteboro held a minute's silence yesterday which was class.

Wilbur

Banned

your attempts at minimizing the negative perception caused by you actively supporting Liverpool in the past few months ain't working.

Wes ban him again

K1LLER7

Yes Yurt! :D

Wilbur, Gahl will not take you in. You went too far after buying a Liverpool kettle. He never forgets.

Wilbur

Banned
The only reason I would ever buy a Liverpool kettle would be so I could shit in it, boil it and then throw it through Kolo Toure's window to frame a Liverpool fan for the assault

Guys. Please. Stop.

Felix Magath is such a nob with his "Holtby is not a fighter" bullshit. If Holtby is not a fighter then there are no fighters in your squad so good luck in the Championship. Someone should save Patrick Roberts from this idiot. Fulham deserved to go down for hiring him.

Wouldn't really care to be honest. He said the Europa League was important because we have a big squad. And then he said he was going to pick a team that he wants to see play in the Europa League next season, which is stupid if he thinks it's that important to qualify.

faridmon

I don't have a PS3, but this will be my first game I get once I acquire a Vita!

Wilbur

Banned
#basedEPL

The boss of the Premier League sent a series of sexist emails referring to women as 'g***' and mocking 'female irrationality', it was revealed today

Richard ­Scudamore, who likes to be seen as a champion of equality within the game, exchanged the crude messages with senior colleagues.

They were revealed by the married 54-year-old's former PA who received them automatically when she was working for the league last October, the Sunday Mirror reported.

In one message, Scudamore mocked a former girlfriend saying he called her 'double decker' because she was 'happy for you to play upstairs, but her Dad got angry if you went below'.

In another, the father-of-five told a lawyer friend who works on behalf of the Premier League to keep a woman colleague they nicknamed Edna 'off your shaft'.

He also forwarded a 'male fairy tale' joke sent to him from a friend about a prince who was proposed to and said no, then lived happily ever after and 'banged skinny big t***** broads'.

In one sleazy email exchange the lawyer bragged to ­Scudamore: 'Have spent all day fending Edna off my graphite shaft. She is terribly relentless isn't she?!'

Scudamore, who has been chief of the Premier League since 1999, replied: 'Terribly! Must keep her off your shaft... graphite, sausage meat or flimsy sponge.'

Scudamore, who lives with his wife Catherine in a £1.8million home in Cirencester, Gloucestershire, has been at the forefront of promoting the growth of women's football and said the league strives to be at 'the leading edge' of the 'whole equality agenda'.

In a statement issued to MailOnline, he apologised saying sending the emails was an 'error of judgement'.

So conflicted. I would really like for us to beat Citeh, if only to avenge the 12 goals and 3 losses we conceded to them over the course of this season, but despise Liverpool and would hate to see we'd assisted them in any way to winning the title. Not that we really have any say in the matter, as there's very little chance of us winning. Still, come on you Irons, and all that.

Wilbur

Banned
The perfect solution would be finding out that both Toures have been matchfixing and sending each other tips and inside information all season. Both get docked points. Chelsea win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom