• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
If Tottenham lose and United win, we can take 6th place and qualify for Europa right? Going to be cheering on Liverpool to win the League. My pops is pretty stoked for it, and I can't for the life of me cheer on those fuckturds at City. Hope they choke lol Plus Gerard deserves it.

L1NETT

Thanks to Sunderland who have their flags flying at half mast today out of remembrance. Derby are having a minute's silence at 56 at their second leg today (which should be a cracking game)

tri_willy

iboTaUYaO7a5K2.jpg

end the season on a winning note pls

Thanks to Sunderland who have their flags flying at half mast today out of remembrance. Derby are having a minute's silence at 56 at their second leg today (which should be a cracking game)

Good stuff, it's a shame the FA seem to have forgotten the tragedy

If City get that first goal then it's curtains for the title race. Can't see West Ham scoring 2.

Yep

Even if west ham score early, city will pen them in until they force a goal

0-0 in the 70th minute would be interesting

@Scum, you guys gave up on fourth when you were like 3 points behind :p

Scum

If Tottenham lose and United win, we can take 6th place and qualify for Europa right? Going to be cheering on Liverpool to win the League. My pops is pretty stoked for it, and I can't for the life of me cheer on those fuckturds at City. Hope they choke lol Plus Gerard deserves it.

Yeah, and what do you mean, "If?" We'll be dead within the first couple of mins.

Zabojnik

Hope they'll leave Juve fans alone...
First time I'm going to see Juve playing in Serie A, wouldn't like to end up in a hospital.

Hospitals here suck.

Have fun, Pizza! Hopefully it's a good one and we show up.

Hopefully Roma can pull off a victory today so Juve can't get 100 points.

You really are an Inter fan, aren't you? Reduced to this. Like it's something anyone cares about, lol.

faridmon

At least you're playing your proper team.

We have fucking Jenkinson playing...

Think of it this way:

If he plays great, then his sell-on value increases and could be sold for better price.

If he plays shit, then its the final nail in his coffin when it comes to play for the team and could be relegated to be a reserve player.

Win-Win situation!

I don't know man, even if we happen to want him back and Lukaku continues to love the place, his agent is trying so hard to get paid!

You might get him on loan again. His relationship with Jose isn't great but I don't think we will want to sell him - it would be stupid if we did so perhaps a deal can be done.

Talk of us going for Dzeko after we get Diego Costa (assuming that goes through) which wouldn't be a bad idea.

faridmon

You might get him on loan again. His relationship with Jose isn't great but I don't think we will want to sell him - it would be stupid if we did so perhaps a deal can be done.

Talk of us going for Dzeko after we get Diego Costa (assuming that goes through) which wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think his agent said specifically that he is done at Chelsea and is working hard to get him on another club on a permenant contract

Dzeko would be a good choice for a second striker, how many times have he saved City this season. Although them selling him after the FFP rule is kind of mental as they have to be careful.

Also, HANDS OFF BARKELY AND STONES!

Feorax

Watching City's last title win.

We finished that day 8th, after a season of controversy and abject failure. We'd just been to the Liberty City stadium and were outplayed by Brendan Rodgers Swansea. Dalglish's attempt at a rebuild was in tatters, and we had no idea what to do next. The League Cup was scant consolation.

Seems like an eternity ago now.

GorillaJu

DS2 is really a lot like Demon's Souls but a bit more refined and less awkward. Loving it so far, have only just beaten the first boss though. Not even sure he's the actual boss of this place considering there still appears to be lots more to do/explore after killing him.

Scum

Wait?! Motherwell won the game?? My damn stream died! D:

Lol

Never change, Scum, love your enthusiastic pessimism.

I'm still waiting for the inevitable announcement of Allegri or Moyes and the exit of Sandro, Ade, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue and Vertoghen all thanks to InterTim.

Zabojnik

DS2 is really a lot like Demon's Souls but a bit more refined and less awkward. Loving it so far, have only just beaten the first boss though. Not even sure he's the actual boss of this place considering there still appears to be lots more to do/explore after killing him.

Forest of the Fallen Giants? Which boss?

Watching City's last title win.

We finished that day 8th, after a season of controversy and abject failure. We'd just been to the Liberty City stadium and were outplayed by Brendan Rodgers Swansea. Dalglish's attempt at a rebuild was in tatters, and we had no idea what to do next. The League Cup was scant consolation.

Seems like an eternity ago now.

That form table showing our results after the league cup final. Christ

L1NETT

Good stuff, it's a shame the FA seem to have forgotten the tragedy

It's always been a quietly remembered tragedy, and it's probably always going to be.

Important that we do remember it though, and it seems the fans are regardless of what weight the FA or Premier League clubs place on it.

Saying that it's quite shocking how many fans are unaware of the events.

I think his agent said specifically that he is done at Chelsea and is working hard to get him on another club on a permenant contract

Dzeko would be a good choice for a second striker, how many times have he saved City this season. Although them selling him after the FFP rule is kind of mental as they have to be careful.

Also, HANDS OFF BARKELY AND STONES!

Ive seen people say his agent talk is to get Chelsea to make a move with regards to keeping him. Player wants to play for us and has been working to fix his relationship with Jose plus you look at the teams linked with him - mostly Premier League teams, no way would we sell him to City and he'll get much better offers than going to Spurs (who wouldn't offer us the money we want anyway), I think its all a bit of a game to see who blinks first.

I can't see us thinking that letting a player of his talent go is a good idea. He's a proven premier league scorer and he just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. I have some concerns over his ability to handle the pressure and expectation of playing for us - and if we got Drogba back as player/coach which is rumoured I think that would be good for him.

Dzeko has a year left on his contract I think? Could probably get £10m-£15m out of us rather than letting him go for free - unless he wants to stay of course.

Lightning

Banned
Ive seen people say his agent talk is to get Chelsea to make a move with regards to keeping him. Player wants to play for us and has been working to fix his relationship with Jose plus you look at the teams linked with him - mostly Premier League teams, no way would we sell him to City and he'll get much better offers than going to Spurs (who wouldn't offer us the money we want anyway), I think its all a bit of a game to see who blinks first.

I can't see us thinking that letting a player of his talent go is a good idea. He's a proven premier league scorer and he just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. I have some concerns over his ability to handle the pressure and expectation of playing for us - and if we got Drogba back as player/coach which is rumoured I think that would be good for him.

Dzeko has a year left on his contract I think? Could probably get £10m-£15m out of us rather than letting him go for free?
You let Mata go.... Before that happened I would have agreed with you on that one.

Lukaku is not that good anyway imo.

My West Ham supporting mate seems convinced that he is to be replaced after this game.

So do mine, I'm not sure its a good idea for them to be honest. They picked Avram Grant to replace Zola (I think?) and they went straight down, Sam got them promoted and kept them here, who do they replace him with?

Not sure I would take the risk that they would pick someone who sends them down again.

My West Ham supporting mate seems convinced that he is to be replaced after this game.

The papers have been rife with rumours to that effect this week - I'm all for getting rid of Allardyce, even though he's done his job (in the dullest fashion possible), but have little confidence that the chairmen can find an adequate replacement and that's the problem. They hired Avram Grant, ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom