• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So Inter took away Bolingbroke, Vidic, and Evra from us? Fucking hell man.

If Juve and United are dating, Inter is basically some creep on the crowded train putting his hands on United's ass.
that's EXACTLY how it feels like, I'm legit jealous. But at least we're getting Nani, eh? :(
YES SASSUOLO! Wait ... NO SASSUOLO? Whichever one leads to us signing Berardi.

every path

tumblr_n55zksLGdn1qa33wlo9_r2_1280.jpg

You let Mata go.... Before that happened I would have agreed with you on that one.

Lukaku is not that good anyway imo.

I see the point, but Mata was being a whiney bitch and we got what we considered a good price (and £25m profit on the FFP books) for a player that the manager didn't really want and who wasn't even playing that well when he did play for us.

United weren't title rivals and they were the only team to come in for him that window, Lukaku is a lot younger and has proven himself enough that if we put the for sale sign up there would be a lot of suitors coming in for him, I don't think the situations are that similar.

Scum

So do mine, I'm not sure its a good idea for them to be honest. They picked Avram Grant to replace Zola (I think?) and they went straight down, Sam got them promoted and kept them here, who do they replace him with?

Not sure I would take the risk that they would pick someone who sends them down again.

He mentioned Ranieri and said "style of football". Apparently the boys upstairs are bored of Big Sam's flirtings with relegation, he said. ¬_¬

Absolutely daft, I said.

Lightning

Banned
I see the point, but Mata was being a whiney bitch and we got what we considered a good price (and £25m profit on the FFP books) for a player that the manager didn't really want and who wasn't even playing that well when he did play for us.

United weren't title rivals and they were the only team to come in for him that window, Lukaku is a lot younger and has proven himself enough that if we put the for sale sign up there would be a lot of suitors coming in for him, I don't think the situations are that similar.
United are getting Van Gaal and he will make them title contenders, and now they have Mata thanks to Chelsea. If Lukaku isn't good enough for Chelsea then he won't be good enough for the other title contenders. Mata had 2 outstanding seasons for Chelsea prior to this season where Lukaku is just getting loans.

Lukaku wants to play all the time, not going to happen at Chelsea or any top club, so either Lukaku accepts bench and sub appearances or Chelsea agree to let him go.

Come on!

He may have his terrible plays here and there, but he is still young. Drogba, for instance became crazy good in his mid 20s.
If he develops like Drogba he'll be very good but at the moment I don't think he's that good. Certainly not what the hype gives him anyway.

Talented though but can be amazingly wasteful.

faridmon

Ive seen people say his agent talk is to get Chelsea to make a move with regards to keeping him. Player wants to play for us and has been working to fix his relationship with Jose plus you look at the teams linked with him - mostly Premier League teams, no way would we sell him to City and he'll get much better offers than going to Spurs (who wouldn't offer us the money we want anyway), I think its all a bit of a game to see who blinks first.

I can't see us thinking that letting a player of his talent go is a good idea. He's a proven premier league scorer and he just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. I have some concerns over his ability to handle the pressure and expectation of playing for us - and if we got Drogba back as player/coach which is rumoured I think that would be good for him.

Most signs point out that Mou don't like him, and we have seen what happens when a player is rejected by him as he tends to make that player rot on the bench or straight up sold. Especially if you guys get Costa + another striker. Do you honestly think that Lukaku wants to be the 3rd in a string. A loan is also out of question, the reason why I keep saying his agent is that, both of them are really looking for a permanent club as he said that Lukaku is sick of being unstable.

I really don't think he will be sold to a play in a PL but abroad. Clubs such as A. Madrid or Monaco are monitoring him rather closely. Inter also is rumoured to be intrested.

sohois

For some reason I thought the round of matches started at 2 today, I was rushing home to get in time and everything. Oh well. Glad I didn't end up going out to watch it though, can't be staying up til 1am on a Sunday.

Timurid

IMMOBILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faridmon

If he develops like Drogba he'll be very good but at the moment I don't think he's that good. Certainly not what the hype gives him anyway.

Talented though but can be amazingly wasteful.

Meh, certainly better than many overhyped strikers out there. He have done a job for us.

Suen

Do you think I missed your anti inter posts yesterday during the game? Including the celebration after that 2nd minute goal got conceded.
How can you not laugh about that? Zanetti's last game, emotional start and Inter concede within the first two minutes. I even celebrated when Palacio scored. I'm innocent. I just wanted a draw, pls understand.
Zabo possessed me

Wes

venison crêpe
Which fixture do we think will be the barmy end of season match that ends up 4-4 or something similiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom