• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant blame some of those manc scum supporters for shitting on gerrard/liverpool, after all, moyes fucked them royally so deep in the ass that they had lost all reason, and by logic too. they just declared themselves city's bitches

luis-suarez-cries-liverpool-crystal-palace.gif

Roll on tomorrow/tues/weds for the LvG announcement.

What an awful season.

Could have been a lot worse though, thank God for Gerrard's slip. I can still visit sport websites this summer...

Ingeniero

Come on man, let's be optimistic.
Maybe I shouldn't but with our current form and with Goat Ramsey fit, I think we will defeat Hull Tigers very easily.
Have faith, Wengy will lift that cup.

Suen

Grats City-GAF!

I'm sorry Liverpool-GAF. On the bright side, you have a solid team so no reason you can't win it next season.

(Less than an hour till all my hopes and dreams die when Atletico wins La Liga)
I don't see Barca losing to Elche so you probably have to wait for the last fixture.

Salvadora

Bar pls stop. Stop now. We have go go into this expecting a 3-0 loss. We have to go into this expecting an özil/Ramsey broken leg. We have to go into this expecting wenger to slaughter himself in the center circle. Its the only true way.
We are already dead.
Something just feels right about this, you know. Rock solid defence. Great team spirit. Hull. No injuries. Ramsey.

GorillaJu

Wtf?

I was kind of sad when Liverpool lost to Chelsea, but after the Palace game it was obvious they didn't deserve the title.
You just can't let a 3-0 slip. It's Rodgers fault.
Next season without Suarez I don't see them in the top4, they blew their chance.

City is the deserved champ, congrats.

Raw, utter idiocy.

First of all, the Chelsea result decided the title, not the Palace game. We needed at least a draw against Chelsea to stay a point ahead of City. Dropping all 3 possible points put us even with City, but behind on goal difference. The Palace match was a disaster, but the league was already City's to lose before the ball was kicked.

It's not "Rodgers' fault" - he didn't come into the season and start managing for the Selhurst Park game. The season takes place over 38 games. He was in charge for the 11-odd game winning streak that lead up to the two bad results. Blaming someone for a bad result when they've had fistfuls of good ones is lacking perspective.

Suarez will stay unless Real take him, which I don't think they will, and Liverpool will improve the team this year. If we do lose Suarez, we'll have done it for a truckload of cash and we'll replace him with real quality.

It will be up to Man Utd and Spurs to step up next season, because there's no reason to think we won't be in the mix again.

pulga

Banned
holy fuck, check out our lineup tonight

BnXgG1mCUAIguxl.jpg

plenty of lols to be had then!

You live in the past pulga, we're already months ahead of you. Madrid lost, Ronaldo choked, Germany won the World Cup, The Last Guardian got a 2014 release date.

looooooooooool you had me going until you mentioned TLG, now I know yer lying!

Salvadora

Agree with Mr Marston, United aren't getting top 4 next season. Just can't see it considering the dross that has infected that club.

jtb

Banned
Suarez isn't going anywhere. if he didn't move last summer, there's no way he'll go now that Liverpool are actually good.

Suen

Gibbs carrying the trophy in Etihad.

Roma - Juventus: what should have been one of the most exciting games in the league becoming one of the most boring ones.

Lakitu

st5fu
Classy as usual in here, isn't it? Idiots.

Congrats to City-gaf though, you deserved the league and you have a fantastic manager. You guys should keep that one.

Baki

It's a shame our season collapsed so early. But one good thing to take away from this season, Arsenal will definitely be challenging for the title next year. I look forward to Wenger's first treble.

#Believe.

Suen

Fucking football players these days. Stop filming with your fucking phones and enjoy the moment instead.

It's a shame our season collapsed so early. But one good thing to take away from this season, Arsenal will definitely be challenging for the title next year. I look forward to Wenger's first treble.

#Believe.
Kicked out by a German team in CL
End fourth in the league
Lose the FA Cup

Arsenal's treble.

#InWengerWeTrust

jtb

Banned
Agree with Mr Marston, United aren't getting top 4 next season. Just can't see it considering the dross that has infected that club.

this season, they played considerably worse than they're capable of. next season, we'll see a regression to the mean, I think. RVP, Rooney, Mata is just too much quality to not at least mount a serious top 4 challenge. at worst, they finish 5th. no way they finish behind Spurs again.

Everton also could fall off considerably next season given how many of their transfers were short-term loan deals this season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gibbs carrying the trophy in Etihad.

Roma - Juventus: what should have been one of the most exciting games in the league becoming one of the most boring ones.
It's meaningless obviously, you can tell by Padoin and Storari's presence. But it's still a good game, so far.

Tubie

holy fuck, check out our lineup tonight

BnXgG1mCUAIguxl.jpg

plenty of lols to be had then!

looooooooooool you had me going until you mentioned TLG, now I know yer lying!

Why even risk some of them, just put 11 from Castilla and be done with it.

I love you Carletto but your lineups make no sense some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom