• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I cannot bring myself to 'like' City; as a club they are just a disgrace, along with Chelsea. Some posters mentioned earlier how Liverpool fans would support other clubs over United, but I would honestly rather have United in the top 4 over either of the oil clubs.

I will continue to root for their downfall, just as everyone does with QPR but neglects to do with City or Chelsea for some reason.

On principle I completely agree. But you look at their team and their personalities and as individuals they're all an agreeable lot.

I don't have any opinion on what team I'd rather have in the top 4. Outside of Liverpool being there I honestly don't give a shit what other team is up, excepting an underdog like Southampton or Everton making a top 4 challenge, I'd always support them despite the rivalry, so long as it never came at Liverpool's expense.

sohois

Bottom of the page, quoting myself:

I cannot bring myself to 'like' City; as a club they are just a disgrace, along with Chelsea. Some posters mentioned earlier how Liverpool fans would support other clubs over United, but I would honestly rather have United in the top 4 over either of the oil clubs.

I will continue to root for their downfall, just as everyone does with QPR but neglects to do with City or Chelsea for some reason.

You'd be an idiot to spend significant money on Benteke right now. Leave him at Villa to show that this season is an exception rather than becoming the norm.

Benteke has really cooled down. Like Aston Villa's Cisse.

Hasn't Benteke still got 10 goals in 26 matches? Not bad at all, close to 1 in 2 which is top striker level. Think some people are underrating him because he didn't match a ridiculous first season.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So who do we want to win La Liga? I have no stake in this, other than I dont want Barcelona to win it.

subtles

Real are constantly reported as being interested in Suarez but never from legitimate angles - not like, for example the Modric or Bale interest, where the players make it fully known that a transfer is on the cards. Makes me suspicious of any chance of them actually going in for Suarez. I think Real would only buy Suarez if they ran out of other ideas.

Probably the biggest reason I don't see Suarez going to Real is that I don't see how he fits in, on footballing terms. Benzema isn't amazing, but he has tidy footwork and can play the ball like a midfielder around the box to put in Real's real goal threat, which is Ronaldo and Bale. Suarez has an admirable amount of assists to go with his goals, but he has a lot of freedom to just terrorize as much as possible and doesn't really pass consistently, which is important for the role that Real has their strikers play.

I think Aguero is the one they have their cross-hairs on, and I don't think that's happening either, personally. Aguero is the perfect compliment to Suarez, too bad we'll never see them on the same team. Cavani/Suarez is pretty excellent though.
That is if you look at their current format as a blueprint. Adaptation and tactical evolution are among the scariest things when coupled with financial freedom. We've experienced the first bit ourselves over the last 16 months.

Let's tell Madrid to piss off and adapt the Gengenpressing.

bud

in all seriousness, we should get both. Ba is a better striker than Giroud, I am absolutely convinced of that. Ba + mystery world class striker + Giroud would get the job done

in what world does wenger have those three strikers in his squad? this isn't football manager, this is arsenal.

if wenger were to ever get ba, he wouldn't go out and buy a proper world class striker.

Clegg

Thank fuck Spurs got that EL spot btw.

Man Utd have a squad and funds to handle it much better than Spurs, may well prevent Spurs from challenging for 4th next year

Don't have a clue what Man Utd will be like next year. Can see them coming anywhere between 3rd and 7th.

Debatable.

We have a smattering on class players, young players with potential, some decent ones, a few crap ones and some older ones who are declining. It's not really that surprising that someone like Moyes failed at the job. A better manager would've kept us higher up the table but probably not on the level of City or Liverpool.

We probably won't be bothering the top spots next season. Probably not the season after either. Top four should be the goal, as much as I am disappointed to admit.

K1LLER7

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 6m
Tim Sherwood asked on @bbc5live if fan he invited into the dugout will be the next @SpursOfficial boss: "No chance, he's English." #Spurs

jtb

Banned
in what world does wenger have those three strikers in his squad? this isn't football manager, this is arsenal.

if wenger were to ever get ba, he wouldn't go out and buy a proper world class striker.

in what world does wenger spend 40m on a world class player? we're in uncharted territory here.

honestly—and I understand I'm probably a minority of one on this one—I'm fine with Ba being our only striker addition, if the rest of those funds are allocated towards a world class defensive/box-to-box type midfielder to play alongside Ramsey. that's an even bigger glaring hole in our squad than our lack of a striker, imo.

WJD

Re: Sherwood some Spurs fans might find it interesting to know that there is an actual, factual dislike of the foreigners at the club on his behalf.

Source: Andy Dawson via his brother.

Scum

Re: Sherwood some Spurs fans might find it interesting to know that there is an actual, factual dislike of the foreigners at the club on his behalf.

Source: Andy Dawson via his brother.

image.php

bud

in what world does wenger spend 40m on a world class player? we're in uncharted territory here.

honestly—and I understand I'm probably a minority of one on this one—I'm fine with Ba being our only striker addition, if the rest of those funds are allocated towards a world class defensive/box-to-box type midfielder to play alongside Ramsey. that's an even bigger glaring hole in our squad than our lack of a striker, imo.

ozil's the only player he bought, though. the others were either free agents or loaned.

Scum

Thank fuck Spurs got that EL spot btw.

Man Utd have a squad and funds to handle it much better than Spurs, may well prevent Spurs from challenging for 4th next year

Don't have a clue what Man Utd will be like next year. Can see them coming anywhere between 3rd and 7th.

4th? lol. Hitch? pls. We're back where we belong.

Suen

I think you need a couple of defenders especially if Arbeloa or Coentrao are leaving and maybe a midfielder if Khedira is definitively broken or sold
A replacement for Khedira would be needed and perhaps a CB/RB. Coentrao should stay, he was somewhat shite last season true but he's still more than a good backup for Marcelo. If anything he's actually been better than Marcelo (although Marcelo has been out a long time) this season and generally does a better job at defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom