• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

league goals:

2012-2013 12 goals
2013-2014 17 goals

2012-2013 11 goals
2013-2014 16 goals

one of these strikers is good, one of these strikers is not. guess which.

I was more pointing to the fact that he has played a solid amount of games. Your concern was that he was injury prone.

Yen

2014_05_30_times.jpg

jtb

Banned
tinder is fun.

I was more pointing to the fact that he has played a solid amount of games. Your concern was that he was injury prone.

ah, fair enough. he has played fewer games each season than the previous at City. don't know if that should be a concern or not, but w/e. it's not my problem.

Don't have any numbers to hand but I think Aguero might have the best "big game" scoring rate of any PL striker ever.

Always seems to score in the important games.

Yen

Aguero has 52 in 87 league appearances
Dzeko has 46 in 107 league appearances
Ba has 43 in 99 league appearances

Suarez has 65 in 97 league appearances
well, I'm only counting full seasons - his last three. Including his first, half season it's 69 in 110

jtb

Banned
Considering the number of substitute appearances, Ba is the most impressive.

jtb was right

don't forget all those times he was shoved out onto the wing to make way for Cisse at Newcastle. Pardew sacrificed the wrong striker.

also those numbers just make Giroud seem that much worse

LTWheels

In what world would that be a good idea hahah?

Had any Tinder dates yet?

I've had dates with three different girls.

One of them I have been seeing of the last few months. The unfortunate thing is that we both live at home in London. As my family is from London, financially it has not been worth moving out yet. So if has made things frustrating.

Basically just keeping her as a back-up. Plus she works near a cinema so I've been abusing her orange wednesdays over the last couple of months.

GorillaJu

Don't have any numbers to hand but I think Aguero might have the best "big game" scoring rate of any PL striker ever.

Always seems to score in the important games.

Makes sense. He's always played as a lone forward in big games. I love that hooked kick he scored off the corner v you guys. Suarez scored an almost identical goal but I don't remember the opposition.

GorillaJu

My favorite Arcade Fire is probably Wake Up, Haïti or Neighborhood #3. Can't decide between those three, they're all so good.

--

Seen it suggested that buying Lambert is a ploy to lower the Lallana fee. Increasing the Lambert fee by 4m and knocking 4m off the Lallana price would mean that Southampton get more money in the end as Bournemouth will be owed a % of any potential Lallana sale.

Shrewd... But shady. I'm sorry 3sixty. T_T

jtb

Banned
Reflektor was pretty underwhelming. (especially considering the James Murphy involvement...) Funeral still their best album for me.

No Cars Go is my favorite individual song of theirs, though

GorillaJu

No Cars ago is definitely the highlight from that album, and quality wise it would fit in on Funeral, but I think it's kind of average when you compare it with the best of Funeral.

Slizz

I love it when people do this.

There was not a single mention of Arsenal from anyone.

Just an Arsenal fan asking if hes wrong for wanting Dzeko (I'm guessing Arsenal is the team he was referring to) over Aguero. Which then went in to who is better. But yea, you're right, no one outright said Arsenal.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That blizzard article on RVP is awesome, loved the bits about LvG, also his father mentions he may want to coach at United after he finishes his footballing career :eek:.

Kind of think the only reason he is staying with us is because of LvG, he must have known for a while as the rumours about him leaving went pretty sharpish a few months ago when we were supposedly tapping LvG up.

When hes on form he is spectacular

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to feel bad for Jay Rodriguez. He fucks up his knee, misses the world cup and is going to come back to an empty dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom