• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
I just watched Arcade Fire about 3 hours ago. They were fucking amazing. Comparing them to the unimaginative, boring mess that is Oasis is just fucking offensive.

FootballFan

He'll never be Becks. Adnan has a 5-head.

tumblr_maoku8bvnu1qcs2hsqp.gif

Pachimari

Iker Casillas has decided to leave Real Madrid this summer according to Cadena Ser. Cadena Ser is extremely reliable,

I just gotta say WTF Iker?
Yet they made a point of him staying at the celebrations.

I won't put much into it.. Yet.

holy shit (if true)

not really surprising though. what's surprising is that he never regained his place in the Madrid team through the entire season.

seriously though, sign him up Arsene.
Report mentions Inter and PSG.

Marc

Adnan looks like he has been kidnapped, its like a pre-murder photo.

I just watched Arcade Fire about 3 hours ago. They were fucking amazing. Comparing them to the unimaginative, boring mess that is Oasis is just fucking offensive.

Yes Kingy!

Can we all agree on Manic Street Preachers being a better band than Oasis as well? Much prefer bands with something to say then talking a load of bollocks. From Despair to Where is GOAT.

Have to say, despite U2 being insufferable cunts, whenever some of their old stuff like With or Without You comes on the radio or shuffle list... the memory of them being complete anus inspectors seems to wash away.

Turok_TTZ

Yet they made a point of him staying at the celebrations.

I won't put much into it.. Yet.
I hope Cadena Ser is wrong about this. Mind you, it was Cadena Ser who broke the news about isco and illarramendi before anyone else even caught wind of it. Their track record is pretty reliable. They're not tabloids, they don't report bs.

If this were marca or AS I wouldn't even mention it. But this Cadena Ser we're talking about. I am quite concerned indeed.

Pachimari

I hope Cadena Ser is wrong about this. Mind you, it was Cadena Ser who broke the news about isco and illarramendi before anyone else even caught wind of it. Their track record is pretty reliable. They're not tabloids, they don't report bs.

If this were marca or AS I wouldn't even mention it. But this Cadena Ser we're talking about. I am quite concerned indeed.
I know about Cadena Ser. Though to be fair, ABC were first with Isco.

I'm more concerned with Di Maria's recent interview were he says he have suitors who can pay him just as much as we do. And that he won't guarantee anything.

Of course I hope San Iker ends up staying. Let's hope for the best.

Turok_TTZ

I know about Cadena Ser. Though to be fair, ABC were first with Isco.

I'm more concerned with Di Maria's recent interview were he says he have suitors who can pay him just as much as we do. And that he won't guarantee anything.

Of course I hope San Iker ends up staying. Let's hope for the best.
IIRC Cadena Ser and ABC sometimes share the same reporters. I recall it was Cadena Ser but w/e.

Di maria is saying that because up until the 2nd half of last season, we have been mistreating Di maria really badly. Di maria doesn't feel appreciated at madrid especially when we tried to offload him back in last summer.

Hopefully we can convince di maria and iker that their future is best with us.

Marc

PROJECT BEAST :O

pls recapture the Souls feeling that was somewhat lacking in DS2

Looks neat but the style of the character looks crap to me. Much prefer the sword and shield motif than a western shotgun mish mash.

Still, could just be one character type shown off and you can still play traditional classes.

Looks neat but the style of the character looks crap to me. Much prefer the sword and shield motif than a western shotgun mish mash.

Still, could just be one character type shown off and you can still play traditional classes.

I hope people are right in their predicitions for the gun to be slow to fire, inaccurate, weak and unreliable. If it becomes a primary attack, it will suck. If it's just for crowd control, it'll be fine, if a little at odds with what I'd expect from such a game

Kinda like a crappier version of Ebony & Ivory, without the juggling bonus

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PROJECT BEAST!

it's VERY CLEARLY a spiritual successor to the Souls series. The fog gate, the backstep hop to dodge attacks, the mountains and castles in the distance, the atmosphere...OH YES

pablo-osvaldo.gif

6 posts in 3 hours

FootballGAF is dead
the show is over

tumblr_n6csd6jUeI1s8z5rho1_500.gif

I really love this script that hides the messages from the members I ignore. Very handy.

innit. I must admit though, I find the ball-washing shtick amusing.

dc89

Don't have any numbers to hand but I think Aguero might have the best "big game" scoring rate of any PL striker ever.

Always seems to score in the important games.

In the last two seasons I can remember goals against United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham.

He loves a big game.

This seasons volley's against United & Arsenal stand out. Top class.

---

Yurt - where is that Pirlo GIF from?!

dc89

a Jeep commercial :lol there's a few more I think

http://37.media.tumblr.com/7e3dbf128a1ff5de56b140bf2e201ddc/tumblr_n5o9txQecO1s8z5rho2_500.gif[/im[/QUOTE]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXQMxD06WU&list=PLamQuNkRTV0c0ap5x-grUEPcqPL24LXnn&index=3[/url]

:'D

I have just made you this:

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibzd73dtRPnJCO.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Iker Casillas has decided to leave Real Madrid this summer according to Cadena Ser. Cadena Ser is extremely reliable,

I just gotta say WTF Iker?

I don't understand why losing your reserve keeper is a big deal. Lopez is way better than him, Casillas almost threw the CL away this season with his mistakes. He's won La Decima now so probably a good time to leave, his performance in the final probably made up Ancelotti's mind.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I hope people are right in their predicitions for the gun to be slow to fire, inaccurate, weak and unreliable. If it becomes a primary attack, it will suck. If it's just for crowd control, it'll be fine, if a little at odds with what I'd expect from such a game

Kinda like a crappier version of Ebony & Ivory, without the juggling bonus
Not bothered by the shotgun at all. It looks cool, and yeah I think it's there for close-range crowd control.

wasn't the Avelyn crossbow basically a machine gun? :( fuck that weapon

Pachimari

What was that PS4 game shown last year with the t-rex in the lab or whatever? Did they ever show it again?
Primal Carnage. Out for PC for a while. Pretty sure they show a little more of the PS4 version since then.

I don't understand why losing your reserve keeper is a big deal. Lopez is way better than him, Casillas almost threw the CL away this season with his mistakes. He's won La Decima now so probably a good time to leave, his performance in the final probably made up Ancelotti's mind.
It's not like Lopez have had a wonderful season.

Jack cw

PROJECT BEAST!

it's VERY CLEARLY a spiritual successor to the Souls series. The fog gate, the backstep hop to dodge attacks, the mountains and castles in the distance, the atmosphere...OH YES
It somehow feels that this is indeed the Dark Souls 1 successor. The new weapon type and the shotgun would give the already great gameplay a huge boost. Its already the game of E3.

unfortunately
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Mid to late 2015 at the very least though?

I'd guess so. SCEJ are notoriously reluctant to put necessary pressure on their partners/studios to release their games in a timely fashion, so summer 2016 wouldn't surprise me :p

Pinning all my hopes on Uncharted 4 to keep me sated between now and then. Got massive question marks over Destiny and The Order now. Both seem thoroughly underwhelming, unfortunately

edit: Christ, that Gerrard-Torres partnership was good. Can't wait to see how Gerrard stacks up directly against a proper, born-and-bred deep-lying midfielder when we play against Italy.

Turok_TTZ

My sarcasm detector isn't working. I'm sorry are you being sarcastic or are you serious?
I can't tell if I'm being trolled or not.

My sarcasm detector isn't working. I'm sorry are you being sarcastic or are you serious?
I can't if I'm being trolled or not.

tbf, he was 2 and a half minutes from being the man most responsible for you losing the CL final, and he is your reserve keeper for most games over the course of a season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd guess so. SCEJ are notoriously reluctant to put necessary pressure on their partners/studios to release their games in a timely fashion, so summer 2016 wouldn't surprise me :p

Pinning all my hopes on Uncharted 4 to keep me sated between now and then. Got massive question marks over Destiny and The Order now. Both seem thoroughly underwhelming, unfortunately

It somehow feels that this is indeed the Dark Souls 1 successor. The new weapon type and the shotgun would give the already great gameplay a huge boost. Its already the game of E3.

the only game I'm waiting for right now is:

The-Evil-Within.jpg

thankfully it''ll be available on PC. Oh and MGS, of course. :p

Turok_TTZ

tbf, he was 2 and a half minutes from being the man most responsible for you losing the CL final, and he is your reserve keeper for most games over the course of a season.
Diego plays la liga, casillas plays cdr and cl. That was decided to be best accordimg to carlo. Maybe the roles would be reversed and casillas wasn't satisfied?

In any case yes he was a reserve but he did start cl matches. Didnt miss a single cl match.

pappe

I can't tell if I'm being trolled or not.

Lopez is actually a better keeper than Iker. That makes Iker 2nd choice. 2md choice keepers are normally referred to as reserve keeper.

There was no sarcasm there.

Jack cw

the only game I'm waiting for right now is:
thankfully it''ll be available on PC. Oh and MGS, of course. :p

I dont know what to think of the Evil within... It looks promising and Mikami and all but I have the feeling that this might underwhelm, I dont know why. I hope it turns out good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Casillas was VITAL in their run to La Decima and CdR! He was MoTM in both games vs Juve, he pulled some miraculous saves.

and he's still Casillas, you know, their captain and homegrown legend. He deserves a bit more respect.

tumblr_m602ziAKyk1ql5bibo1_500.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What is this with Lopez being a better keeper than Iker all of a sudden!? My sarcasm meter seems to be off today as well.

Both Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti think Diego Lopez is a better keeper than Casillas. That is why Casillas only plays cup games. He's a Spanish Fabianski.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good keeper. But he's not the best one at Real Madrid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I dont know what to think of the Evil within... It looks promising and Mikami and all but I have the feeling that this might underwhelm, I dont know why. I hope it turns out good.

Yeah it looks like a 7 or 7.5 game.

which is good enough for me when it comes to this genre :p

Casillas was VITAL in their run to La Decima and CdR! He was MoTM in both games vs Juve, he pulled some miraculous saves.

and he's still Casillas, you know, their captain and homegrown legend. He deserves a bit more respect.

tumblr_m602ziAKyk1ql5bibo1_500.gif

Buffon, now that's a goalkeeper

Trade him for Mig The Merciful yeah?

Might make a thread later, if I remember what it was about when I wake up :p

Blablurn

I think the game will be fine. It's just the media that badmouths it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom