• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramac

Where is the OT for the World Cup?

That thing needs to be simmering and bubbling away for at least two weeks before the action starts.

C'mon Wes, get yer finger out :p

*edit, just saw your post from yesterday ....

pm me if you need any help.

Linius

I have this really kewl t-shirt design I made for the WC 2010, but somehow I never bothered to finish and print it:

konzept2bngsvk.jpg

Eh, maybe for the Euro 2016...

Argentina is not eligible for the Euros I think.

LTWheels

A girl is trying to be witty. Need a suitable comeback.

I told her I was eating mango sorbet after a run as a part of my warm down.

She's said that sorbet is cold so I must have got confused.

Give me a line.

It would be utterly unsurprising were Wenger to mark the beginning of his new contract after a tumultuous season by allowing Arsenal's rivals to sign their former captain, a world class player; something the current team lacks in numbers. He would no doubt use Ramsey's emergence as justification. But Ramsey is no Fabregas.

Re-sign him, you cunt.

Linius

Give me a line.

Damn, I read you were eating her mango. I began to wonder what kind of metaphor that could be :lol

Facism

Gold Member

Give me a line.

ask her to come round and get bent over. If she says no or avoids it she's not worth the week you were planning on being her boyfriend.

:3

[edit]LOL i just got the whole warmdown/sorbet thing LOL

Oozer3993

New York Times: FIFA report indicates multiple games in the lead up to 2010 World Cup were fixed.

A soccer referee named Ibrahim Chaibou walked into a bank in a small South African city carrying a bag filled with as much as $100,000 in $100 bills, according to another referee traveling with him. The deposit was so large that a bank employee gave Mr. Chaibou a gift of commemorative coins bearing the likeness of Nelson Mandela.

Later that night in May 2010, Mr. Chaibou refereed an exhibition match between South Africa and Guatemala in preparation for the World Cup, the world’s most popular sporting event. Even to the casual fan, his calls were suspicious — he called two penalties for hand balls even though the ball went nowhere near the players’ hands.

Mr. Chaibou, a native of Niger, had been chosen to work the match by a company based in Singapore that was a front for a notorious match-rigging syndicate, according to an internal, confidential report by FIFA, soccer’s world governing body.

FIFA’s investigative report and related documents, which were obtained by The New York Times and have not been publicly released, raise serious questions about the vulnerability of the World Cup to match fixing. The tournament opens June 12 in Brazil.

The report found that the match-rigging syndicate and its referees infiltrated the upper reaches of global soccer in order to fix exhibition matches and exploit them for betting purposes. It provides extensive details of the clever and brazen ways that fixers apparently manipulated “at least five matches and possibly more” in South Africa ahead of the last World Cup. As many as 15 matches were targets, including a game between the United States and Australia, according to interviews and emails printed in the FIFA report.

Much more at the link.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone else find Watch Dogs to be incredibly boring and repetitive? Good lord I wish I could enjoy this game.

Well I pulled the trigger on those shoes. First time ever I'll be wearing red shoes :|

Coloured shoes are the best, I've went from only wearing black and white shoes to only coloured ones now.

Red and blue are what I'm using at the moment and green for football.

Linius

You disgust me.

Yeah, I mean who pays attention to a nice ass these days.

UsN.gif

Coloured shoes are the best, I've went from only wearing black and white shoes to only coloured ones now.

Red and blue are what I'm using at the moment and green for football.

Most of my shoes were brown (usually suede or leather) or black/white. Colored ones were always blue basically. Red is so present if you know what I mean. But I'm gonna roll with it.

FootballFan

You don't really hate him though

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5PH8sG0s_XU/T7aNflle0SI/AAAAAAAALj8/6eAKiMlxcTQ/s1600/Picture1.jpg[IMG]

How could you?[/QUOTE]

No, yes I do.

He is the first to run to the referee and cry, the slowest player on the field, tackles like cattermole, is very overrated and he's a huge cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom