• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

lolercopters

According to Barcelona-based sports daily, Sport, new Manchester United manager, Louis Van Gaal has been given a reported €180 million kitty to rejuvenate and rebuild the Red Devils and the Dutchman has planned to raid the products of the youth academy he helped form.

The report goes on to add that a contingent from Manchester United will travel to Barcelona and meet with club officials on Monday, in the hope that they can secure the transfer of the 27-year-old former Arsenal captain.

Oh boy.

Also the article reports that a bid has gone in for €37m

Clegg

Rugby post alert:

Just back from seeing Leinster win the league. Also the last ever game of Brian O'Driscoll. If you were having a conversation about the greatest of all time he'd be right up there. He was just that good. Feel privileged to have been able to watch him play.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there an official match time for Froch Groves or is it being strung out for hours?

LTWheels

Rugby post alert:

Just back from seeing Leinster win the league. Also the last ever game of Brian O'Driscoll. If you were having a conversation about the greatest of all time he'd be right up there. He was just that good. Feel privileged to have been able to watch him play.

Sad day.

Him and Wilkinson retiring on the same day.

Don't think that is too wide of the mark to be honest, a lot of papers were saying £150-200m rebuild this summer, it's a huge one for us.

Bollocks. :(

Yep you're bang on.

Going with Groves.

It's bs. If they seriously had that much money they would buy someone as hyped up as Pogba.

Is there an official match time for Froch Groves or is it being strung out for hours?

Sky are gonna try and string this out into a third fight...

Want Groves to win, so I've put a couple of quid on Froch. If he wins then the money will take the edge off having to see his grinning mug on Sky Sports News for the next 48 hours.

Salvadora

It's bs. If they seriously had that much money they would buy someone as hyped up as Pogba.
Judging by the position they find themselves in, I think United would much rather spend large sums of money on EPL proven™ talent, fully developed with the ability to make an immediate impact.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
what the fuck is going on in this boxing match

Mr Cola

Maybe im not well versed in boxing culture, but why are there boos for both fighters? Or at least it sure sounds like booing.

That Ghana player looks like he broke his ankle or something when landing awkwardly on his foot. Poor dude.

That injury looked pretty brutal. I don't know much about this Ghana team, anyone have any info on the player who was hurt?

There was only a minute left in the game and it seemed none of the Ghana players wanted to step foot on the pitch to replace the injury. They had all pretty much just packed it in.

Clegg

The French really love Wilkinson. Played the English national anthem and everything. His French seems to be quite good. He does not sound like an English abroad.
Part of his appeal is that he's just a really really nice bloke. I've heard stories about him staying hours after games to make sure that everyone who wants his autograph gets it.

LTWheels

Part of his appeal is that he's just a really really nice bloke. I've heard stories about him staying hours after games to make sure that everyone who wants his autograph gets it.

I think he must be the most down to earth of all the high profile sportsmen.

LTWheels

The Top 14 trophy is massive

Rodrigo+Capo+Ortega+Castres+Olympique+v+Toulon+tMzhPSFRFThl.jpg

Clegg

I think he must be the most down to earth of all the high profile sportsmen.
I think he appreciates his career more than a lot of sportsmen. He basically missed four years of it through injury. That must put things into a stark perspective for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom