• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the position they find themselves in, I think United would much rather spend large sums of money on EPL proven™ talent, fully developed with the ability to make an immediate impact.

He's only going to get better and has proven himself more than some of the rumored players United are interested in like Clasie and Carvalho. He's done more than Strootman despite being younger. Only other players United are linked with are Cesc, Koke (who is only slightly more experienced), and Vidal. Vidal is at an age where he will only leave Juve (which I doubt since he loves Juve) if Real or Barca go for him.

In any case, United need two midfielders.

I'm struggling to see a clear target United can get. All of the players I want seem impossible. Feels bad man.

Pachimari

Our president and PSG's president were together watching Rafael Nadal's tennis match today:

k3fe7gh.jpg

Elchele

Looks like we are buying Ezequiel Garay from Benfica, €15M. 4-year contract to be signed

Svia post if you're ok

edit: Bild still saying Laporte is our main target, so who knows.

Mastadon

Banned
notBigSam ‏@TheBig_Sam 38 secs
Just hit the missus with a thunderbolt of a right hook. She went down like shite on a slalom. Haha. I bloody love big fight nights.

TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

Hixx

I didn't really like Groves prior to this fight but the way he's taking this defeat is making me warm to him. Fair play to him.

Mastadon

Banned
@Squawka
Reports tonight claim that Liverpool, not Arsenal, are leading the chase for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas. pic.twitter.com/Pyloe9uqxh

Decent back up for Henderson I suppose.

LTWheels

@Squawka
Reports tonight claim that Liverpool, not Arsenal, are leading the chase for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas. pic.twitter.com/Pyloe9uqxh

Decent back up for Henderson I suppose.

Yes not having a backup for Henderson probably cost us the league in the end. I suppose Cesc would make an adequate backup.

Even the Daily Mail is saying we are leading...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Its Arsenal or City and since I think all this smoke about Toure will fade its Arsenal, with the slimmest of outside chances being United, but that would take both Arsenal to not want him and any other big club in the champions league to pass.

Looks like we are buying Ezequiel Garay from Benfica, €15M. 4-year contract to be signed

Svia post if you're ok

edit: Bild still saying Laporte is our main target, so who knows.
Lol, of course I'm okay. Getting Garay would be nice but getting Mogilivets back would make me much more excited tbh.

Plus, there's a decent likelihood of this Bayern link being a rumour started by Benfica to try to squeeze a few extra million out of us on the transfer.

Mastadon

Banned
Its Arsenal or City and since I think all this smoke about Toure will fade its Arsenal, with the slimmest of outside chances being United, but that would take both Arsenal to not want him and any other big club in the champions league to pass.

How do you know Cesc wants to go back to Arsenal though? He might see it as a backwards step.

wedward

I like how it is described as a chase with a leader. There is no chase.

If Arsenal decide to not participate than the chase begins. Until than it's Arsenal or Barelona.

If Arsenal pass it's between the Manchester clubs.

Linius

It's going to be the first National kit that i have purchased in a while
Bo_dvxMCYAApslX.png:large

Depay looked ridiculous coming to the hotel in his R8 :/

Anyways, I have the 2010 kit. My parents bought it for me and they got 50% of it's worth back because we reached the final. Profit.

Okay, that story was random.

I want to say that Brugge Tripel is great beer.

Tc91

I like how it is described as a chase with a leader. There is no chase.

If Arsenal decide to not participate than the chase begins. Until than it's Arsenal or Barelona.

If Arsenal pass it's between the Manchester clubs.

There is no chase because it all boils down to what Cesc wants, sure he could want to return to Arsenal but he could also fuck them off and go somewhere else.

Doesn't matter if Arsenal match a bid of or not. Cesc decides.

Elchele

Lol, of course I'm okay. Getting Garay would be nice but getting Mogilivets back would make me much more excited tbh.

Plus, there's a decent likelihood of this Bayern link being a rumour started by Benfica to try to squeeze a few extra million out of us on the transfer.

I don't know. The article says Bayern are going to pay 15M, and his release clause is €20M, so I don't think is a Benfica move. The source is Clarin.com (Argentina) and now various german sites are reporting it, just Bild is saying that Laporte is the real target

wedward

There is no chase because it all boils down to what Cesc wants, sure he could want to return to Arsenal but he could also fuck them off and go somewhere else.

Doesn't matter if Arsenal match a bid of or not. Cesc decides.

He wants to go to Arsenal.

We don't need to match a bid. Arsenal have a set price.

I don't know. The article says Bayern are going to pay 15M, and his release clause is €20M, so I don't think is a Benfica move. The source is Clarin.com (Argentina) and now various german sites are reporting it, just Bild is saying that Laporte is the real target

We'll see, I guess. But maybe it's just me but Garay doesn't seem like a Pep style player. Although, 15 million is nothing for Bayern.

Finished_Watch_Dogs

Campaign wasn't too bad. I decided to fuck off the side missions about half way through because a lot of that stuff really detracts from the urgency of the events in the story. I know a lot of the side missions have a plot to them, but it felt silly trying to do some of that stuff before focusing on those you've killed so many in order to save. And also, because of the way it has to break up the missions, it often doesn't force urgency into a situation where someone is in immediate danger.

I didn't really like Groves prior to this fight but the way he's taking this defeat is making me warm to him. Fair play to him.

To quote George Groves, "that's boxing m8"

Mastadon

Banned
Barca have always been interested in Agger...we get Cesc.

Ian Ayre is in Spain at the moment. I can see the wheels turns.

ITK.

There have been a lot of reports saying that Ayre isn't just speaking with Moreno is Spain. I presumed it'd be Sanchez or Pedro, but Cesc will do I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom