• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

No, an Özil, Lahm, Neuer (this one is for Milch) substitution.

But honestly, GermanLöw will never win

Yeah, that's right. Sadly.

I actually can imagine Germany going out at an early stage. Their players are not playing well together.

Gambit

I take it back. Change the whole defence and midfield and then germany might win

you're not wrong here.

Neuer (or whoever. Our keeper is not the problem)

Lahm Boateng Hummels Durm

Kroos Kramer (more of a fuck Khedira)

Müller Götze Reus

Schürrle

I hate Mehmet Scholl. There, I said it.

WHAT!

he was the first player whose jersey I bought. (but he sure has changed)

But he'll always be a good guy in my book because his motto in a Bayern fanzine was "Hang the Greens (party), as long as we still have trees". Irrespective of the sentiment, I found it very funny

Kenka

My Germany :

Neuer/Weidenfeller (more the latter actually)
Schmelzer Hummels Mertesacker (lol) Lahm
Schweinsteiger Khedira
Reus Özil Schürrle
Müller

So what would make England Fans happy at the World Cup? Round of 16? I think if we can beat both Uruguay and Italy (lol) then that would give us a lot of confidence going into the knockout round and we can surprise some people! I believe we can make the Quarters at least!

Kenka

you're not wrong here.

WHAT!

he was the first player whose jersey I bought. (but he sure has changed)

But he'll always be a good guy in my book because his motto in a Bayern fanzine was "Hang the Greens (party), as long as we still have trees". Irrespective of the sentiment, I found it very funny
He was once good as a midfielder, way better than Möller and Hassler, and even Jeremies. But since he's left the playing field, has hasn't stopped spitting nonsense.
I love you too.

Gambit

He was once good as a midfielder, way better than Möller and Hassler, and even Jeremies. But since he's left the playing field, has hasn't stopped spitting nonsense.

I love you too.

I think he meant Scholl.

Gotta laugh at your "even Jeremies". Well done

ghst

thanks for the laugh
So what would make England Fans happy at the World Cup? Round of 16? I think if we can beat both Uruguay and Italy (lol) then that would give us a lot of confidence going into the knockout round and we can surprise some people! I believe we can make the Quarters at least!

the cup mate. let's not be falsely modest.

(i call quarter finals. if we can bumble our way through the group, we can surely nudge out whoever we get from the group of life.)

If we make it to the knockouts, I'd consider it a failure not to reach the quarters. Group C has 3 decent teams who I'd feel confident of beating, given the fact that we'd have had to play quite well just to get out of the group.

<3 Sakho, even though he needs to improve.

3Sixty

The FA &#8207;@FA 1m

Ward-Prowse was named third best player at the tournament and also won 'Goal Of The Tournament' for strike v Brazil.

BpEYI1BIYAAV8kf.jpg

Feorax

Alberto Moreno seems to be a done deal.

Just need another young-ish CB now and we should have the defence (hopefully) sorted for a few years to come.

Feorax

What are we doing with Ilori?

Wish we had Gary Cahill or someone

Ilori will likely need another year or two developing, hopefully a season on loan in the prem and then getting some games in our squad the season after.

If we end up with Sakho, Ilori and one other for at least a few years, we could do a lot worse than that.

Hopefully Flanagan keeps his form and Moreno settles well. Sorts out a troublesome position for a long time if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom