• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea

Rafael Jones Hummels Shaw

Fabregas Strootman

Suarez Mata Rooney

RVP

Subs - Lindergaard, Smalling, Evans, Carrick, Januzaj, Kagawa, Welbeck

Starting to come together!

omgkitty

I have no clue if Arsenal actually want Cesc or if Cesc wants to return, but the papers writing that because we have not outwardly said we want him means we don't want him seems odd.

Arsenal are in a position where they don't need to do anything. They just have to wait for another club to bid for Cesc and then they can use the clause. If Cesc wants to return than he will be an Arsenal player. Why would Arsenal go around telling people that they want him?

Don't worry. If we give it a few more days we'll get a quote from Wenger saying "No, we have had no contact with Cesc or Barca. Of course he's a great player blah blah blah." 9 times out of 10, the shit the media makes up about Arsenal is almost never true.

wedward

Don't worry. If we give it a few more days we'll get a quote from Wenger saying "No, we have had no contact with Cesc or Barca. Of course he's a great player blah blah blah." 9 times out of 10, the shit the media makes up about Arsenal is almost never true.

The more I think about it the less I want Cesc. I just really can't see it working out. I would rather have Griezmann on the left than having to put Cesc or Ozil out there.

DAT UNCH4RTED NEWS :O

Makes me wonder how badly it was shaping up, if they've bought in the diectors of 2 of the 5 best games of the last gen to get it back on track.

Salvadora

Telegraph says there will be a sit-down protest by all 54 members of UEFA when Blatter announces that he is running for re-election.

Just unfortunate that it's being lead by Platini.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
My ma would actively stop supporting United if we got Suarez, him and JT are two players she cant abide under any circumstances.

Telegraph says there will be a sit-down protest by all 54 members of UEFA when Blatter announces that he is running for re-election.

Just unfortunate that it's being lead by Platini.

Eugh

Rock and a hard place, they're as bad as eachother, especially if it's true about Platini being the main guy pushing for Qatar 2022

Jarnet87

Suarez to United is happening. It makes no sense at all, therefore it's the perfect United transfer. Those crazy antics and claims of racism? No that's just passion and heart from Suazy. Headbutts and biting? Nonsense he was framed. I'd welcome him with open arms, would be like Tevez 2.0 but with more goals.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm incredibly not hyped for WC.

It'll be spectacular this time I can feel it!

tumblr_n6i9iscW4j1qa33wlo1_500.gif

tumblr_n6i9iscW4j1qa33wlo2_500.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'm incredibly not hyped for WC.

I was feeling the same until some days ago I realized it means constant, supposedly best-class, football during a whole month, and it starts next week!

deroli

Nooo Schmelle :(
But it had to be one of our full backs who would not make the cut. Durm is one the most surprising newcomers this season and in good form and Großkreutz... well he's just Großkreutz. Dortmund legend. Soon to be german hero. I'm sure Kevin will reveal Schmelzer's shirt underneath his own after he scores that 92' winning goal against Brazil in the final.

Also, yay at Immobile!
Look how happy (and handsome!) he is <3
bpi45hxicaa8lp31mj4h.jpg

Herr K

Banned
Guuuuyyyyyssss I'll be studying during the WC. I have to NOT be hyped. Pls understand.

Also, I'm a member now. Life's good.

K1LLER7

Fifa bro's, playing UT I just opened a gold pack and there was a card in the pack with a ? On it. Clicked on redeem but it's not done anything. Anyone know what it's for?

Meier

Fifa bro's, playing UT I just opened a gold pack and there was a card in the pack with a ? On it. Clicked on redeem but it's not done anything. Anyone know what it's for?
It gives you a pack in the World Cup FUT Mode. Confused me at first as well.

Makes me a bit sad when players like Lambert leave without getting the chance to make their farewells in the stadium.

Fuck Ronaldo. Watching him play isn't exciting any more. Same goes for Messi since his injury. Gice me Suarez any day, when I'm not particularly rooting for either of their teams to win.

Marc

Also, yay at Immobile!
Look how happy (and handsome!) he is <3
bpi45hxicaa8lp31mj4h.jpg

I have to admit, I thought Immobile was his nickname for a long time. Figured he was just really slow.

Herr K - Congrats on being a member, a big, long, smooth member.

Also I always read your name as Herr Starr, not sure if that is a compliment or not.

Makes me a bit sad when players like Lambert leave without getting the chance to make their farewells in the stadium.

Fuck Ronaldo. Watching him play isn't exciting any more. Same goes for Messi since his injury. Gice me Suarez any day, when I'm not particularly rooting for either of their teams to win.

I think you mean Sturridge mate. Liverpool is dead for the next few weeks, time to move on to England, you must accept that Cahill has to brutally break Suarez in half now. Its the only way.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Only 4m for Lambert?

I was expecting Dalglish-era cash.

For 4m I'd rather keep him but he's been good to this club and obviously wanted to move so when the chance presented itself there wasn't much to be said. I hope he does well for Liverpool and England.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
England - Uruguay will be genuinely amazing for Liverpool fans.

It'll be like the World Cup 2006 final for Juventini :p

Scum

Telegraph:

I want Holtby to be a success with us, I really do. Kid has a passion for the club and a great work rate, we have so few players with battling qualities like him. I can see MoPo using him a lot.

Sounds like Sigurdsson might be on the way out though :(

Lloris

Walker
Chiriches
Vertoghen
BAE

Holtby
Sandro

Lamela
Erikssen
Chadli

Soldado