• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

What exactly went on with his leaving anyway? Owners putting pressure on him?

He was paying himself £2m a year, payed £15m for Osvaldo, doubled the budget of the training ground.

Basically strolled around doing what the fuck he liked.

He also managed to destroy the Adidas deal, alienate all club legends and be a cunt in general.

Then when the owners questioned him about things he threw a hissy and jacked it.

He was paying himself £2m a year, payed £15m for Osvaldo, doubled the budget of the training ground.

Basically strolled around doing what the fuck he liked.

He also managed to destroy the Adidas deal, alienate all club legends and be a cunt in general.

Then when the owners questioned him about things he threw a hissy and jacked it.

Wait, who's the guy who revolutionised the club and left? I thought that was Cortese

GorillaJu

Liverpool being the Bayern of the prem and buying up all the local talent.

Just as cunty.

If I were a saints fan I would feel exactly the same—none of this "don't stand in the way of his career" shit, but there's a big difference between Liverpool and Bayern. The PL isn't a 2-team league. If Man City bought all our best players, then it'd be more like Bayern, but there'd still at least be competition from Chelsea, etc.

Sure. But it's not his money. He did plenty of bad with his good.

Ah. If football was simple, you'd blank all external communication until you've got a new manager, and got the entire squad back together for preseason so everyone knows where they stand.

@Odd, we're trying to buy players to strengthen our team rather than to weaken the opposition. That's the crucial difference :p

Koko

Banned
I didn't get a chance to play the past few days but enjoyed it as well. Hoping they allow multiple squads because I got Drogba and Yaya and have a few other solid African players but have mostly UEFA players. My two UEFA strikers are Giroud and some shitty guy from Switzerland. :( I've played 3 games and gotten utter shit from each of my free post-match cards.

Yeah they aren't not allowing multiple squads. It sucks to be changing each player individually but once you know which team you gonna play it gets faster. Right now I'm rolling these two teams:

wcpitch-2251.jpg

wcpitch-2255.jpg

Tc91

Marca:

Manchester United will be one of the big players in the summer transfer window, despite the fact that they will not be playing European football next season. The English club are preparing a €270 million kitty to spend on reinforcements, including notable targets such as Cesc Fàbregas, Koke and Miranda.
With Arsenal out of the running, United have one less rival in the fight to sign Cesc Fàbregas, who they are offering €6 million after tax per season. They are also willing to shell out Barça's €40 million asking price.

It's going up every day :lool. Buy everyone Woody.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Suarez will become an enemy of the state in the English conscience if he does something underhand.
are you thinking what I'm thinking?

ittsgP09tgFWO.gif

Yep. I felt bad for non-readers because they made Oberyn so cool and likable, with a great actor.
Exactly! EXACTLY!
but thank God Sal spoiled it on me weeks ago anyway

you know what? I'm going to force myself through the shitty books, and I'm going to imagine every single character as unlikable as possible, they will ALL be Inter fans as far as my mind is concerned. Even Jaqen.

ok not Jaqen

omgkitty

A real shame about De la red. If only he never had that heart problem. Still say it to this day, had we never lost De la red, we would have never signed Xabi Alonso. Shit you not.
Sky was the limit with De la red.

Fuck I totally forgot about de la Red. Dude was beast.

Zabojnik

Saw Captain America: Winter Soldier earlier today. Didn't care for it. The action was pretty great, everything else just didn't resonate with me. The myriad of :rolleyes: worthy oneliners, the all too obvious attempt to further humanize the Cap, his semi-emo 'for freedom!' musings, the oh-noes-yet-another-conspiracy plot I unfortunately already knew all about, the solid but hardly memorable Robert Redford ... It just didn't connect, which was frustrating to witness. Funny thing is I liked pretty much all the main characters, I just couldn't get into the comic book plot. Also, the environments were completely unremarkable.

Think I'll wait for X-Men on blu-ray.

omgkitty

Ben Crump ‏@BenCrump84 14m

Aurier's agent to RMC: "No agreement with Arsenal. We've talked in past but nothing just now. We're in talks with another English side" #AFC

It's only a matter of time...

aurier.png

bkq34u7ciaawylh.jpg

Meier

Oh my god. I just had a fucking amazing epiphany for this video I took from Mario Kart the other day. Someone please get Stevie G's face on Yoshi's head and put Kompany's head on Shyguy. It'd be so good.

LimpingScrawnyHousefly.gif

Wow, the gif of that is horrible. :( The fetch from my Instagram video worked pretty well for the gfy: http://gfycat.com/LimpingScrawnyHousefly

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Saw Captain America: Winter Soldier earlier today. Didn't care for it. The action was pretty great, everything else just didn't resonate with me. The myriad of :rolleyes: worthy oneliners, the all too obvious attempt to further humanize the Cap, his semi-emo 'for freedom!' musings, the oh-noes-yet-another-conspiracy plot I unfortunately already knew all about, the solid but hardly memorable Robert Redford ... It just didn't connect, which was frustrating to witness. Funny thing is I liked pretty much all the main characters, I just couldn't get into the comic book plot. Also, the environments were completely unremarkable.

Think I'll wait for X-Men on blu-ray.

yeah I actually enjoyed X-Men's plot a bit more! Time travel and jumping back and forth is always fun!

and hey, Ozil is cool

mcavoy-trance.png

Barzul

Cesc has joined the dark side, he's hopped on the bus. Purge him your minds and hearts ArseGAF.
Please don't go there Cesc, please don't.

Turok_TTZ

Cesc has joined the dark side, he's hopped on the bus. Purge him your minds and hearts ArseGAF.
Please don't go there Cesc, please don't.
where can that punk go? he doesn't even fit with Arsenal now. Such sad.

edit: I really, really need to get Mario Kart 8. dem luigi death stares sends chills down my soul.

Zabojnik

yeah I actually enjoyed X-Men's plot a bit more! Time travel and jumping back and forth is always fun!

and hey, Ozil is cool

Edge of Tomorrow? Seen it? I'm too tired to go through 500+ msgs on Twitter and a dozen pages here, pls understand.

Barzul

where can that punk go? he doesn't even fit with Arsenal now. Such sad.

edit: I really, really need to get Mario Kart 8. dem luigi death stares sends chills down my soul.

To the club where football goes to die. A club that criticizes others of uing 19th century tactics yet using those from a century before. They win but it's painful to watch . And their captain shags his teammates WAGS.
Chelsea

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Edge of Tomorrow? Seen it? I'm too tired to go through 500+ msgs on Twitter and a dozen pages here, pls understand.

Not yet haha. BUT we're planning to go this weekend if everything goes according to plan!

I'll tweet you after the movie ;)

Yeah they aren't not allowing multiple squads. It sucks to be changing each player individually but once you know which team you gonna play it gets faster. Right now I'm rolling these two teams:

How did you get so many good players that fast ? The World cup mode has only been open for about 4days.

Marc

Dat Game of Thrones, I was
hoping for more build up of the end but the fight was about right.

Christ, what a shit club.

So many amazing facts about Lampard will be talked about if the media love in for other players pauses a moment. Like who the top scorer in Chelsea v Barca games is, of which there are many. The heir apparent GOAT, Messi? Nah.

Would love him to stay in the premier league, only needs 6 more goals. I think he got 6 goals last season from DM, with barely any playing time. Shows you what kind of man Mourinho is as well, Lampard was his best player and stood by him through everything... then gets thrown aside. Jose seems worse last season in everything.

Koko

Banned
How did you get so many good players that fast ? The World cup mode has only been open for about 4days.

I had 50k coins laying around when the mode was released so I used them to open packs and I end up with most of the players that I have. The others I was just lucky to get them in the pack after each game.

Then I got Cristiano and went to win the final. Which give me 30k and 3 packs to open from which I packed Lichtsteiner, Dante, Guarin and Ogbonna.

I had 50k coins laying around when the mode was released so I used them to open packs and I end up with most of the players that I have. The others I was just lucky to get them in the pack after each game.

Then I got Cristiano and went to win the final. Which give me 30k and 3 packs to open from which I packed Lichtsteiner, Dante, Guarin and Ogbonna.

Okay make sense. I definitely like this mode feels more fluid than regular FUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom