• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
England - Uruguay will be genuinely amazing for Liverpool fans.

It'll be like watching the World Cup 2006 final for Juventini :p

I'll be hoping we batter them tbh. If Suarez scored a hattrick I'd be happy for him, but livid that we allowed it to happen

Ideally we'll both qualify, but that can only happen if we avoid defeat against Italy really. Got a feeling Costa Rica will take a point from one of us.

If Roy goes into the Italy match thinking 'a draw will do and we'll try and get the points in the next two' we won't be qualifying

MrKaepora

Errr...sup.

selfiemundialpt_cavaco.jpg

Meier

Is this where I properly use the word cunt?

Go Gators. Class of 00'

Congrats on the NC. You guys were ridiculous this year.
Haha, be careful while you're a Junior. You might get Omiee'd! My wife is a Gator fan although she went to FSU. It was the offseason when we started dating so it never came up until it was too late in our relationship. She had the upper hand for many years so it's nice that the tables have turned lately.

Scum

Makes me a bit sad when players like Lambert leave without getting the chance to make their farewells in the stadium.

Fuck Ronaldo. Watching him play isn't exciting any more. Same goes for Messi since his injury. Gice me Suarez any day, when I'm not particularly rooting for either of their teams to win.

Dribbling Messi > Pass me the ball Messi
Man Utd Ronaldo > R. Madrid CR7

Haha, be careful while you're a Junior. You might get Omiee'd! My wife is a Gator fan although she went to FSU. It was the offseason when we started dating so it never came up until it was too late in our relationship. She had the upper hand for many years so it's nice that the tables have turned lately.
Sorry, wasn't meaning to offend!

My wife's family is 100% nole and yet I still get invited over for Christmas and Thanksgiving holiday for some reason. Though the subliminal campaign has already begun on the kids with the FSU hates, shirts, etc, etc. They (FSU shwag, not my kids) sure make good rags when cleaning the shelves off of all my Gator paraphernalia. :)

Meier

Taylor Twellman sucks as a commentator but has the best sources in the US regarding soccer. Says Portland are offering Lescott a $2m deal which would be the highest for a defender in the league (Omar Gonzalez makes $1.25m).

Certainly can do better (money wise) than that elsewhere but maybe he'll be interested in playing in America.

Sorry, wasn't meaning to offend!

My wife's family is 100% nole and yet I still get invited over for Christmas and Thanksgiving holiday for some reason. Though the subliminal campaign has already begun on the kids with the FSU hates, shirts, etc, etc. They (FSU shwag, not my kids) sure make good rags when cleaning the shelves off of all my Gator paraphernalia. :)
Haha, no offense taken. Omiee is a poster who ratted on another member even though he wasn't the target of the post. Just teasing ya.

Your wife sounds like a lovely lady. Her folks need to keep it up to cleanse your negative influence!

Zlatan's book is a bit disappointing. Candid, but not as interesting as I thought it would be. He repeats himself quite a bit. The bits where he talks about how much he dislikes people are good though.

Meier

I'm really enjoying the WC FUT Mode, I like the idea of a player pack after the game . It also helps that I got Cristiano in one of them :D

I didn't get a chance to play the past few days but enjoyed it as well. Hoping they allow multiple squads because I got Drogba and Yaya and have a few other solid African players but have mostly UEFA players. My two UEFA strikers are Giroud and some shitty guy from Switzerland. :( I've played 3 games and gotten utter shit from each of my free post-match cards.

wedward

Taylor Twellman sucks as a commentator but has the best sources in the US regarding soccer. Says Portland are offering Lescott a $2m deal which would be the highest for a defender in the league (Omar Gonzalez makes $1.25m).

Certainly can do better (money wise) than that elsewhere but maybe he'll be interested in playing in America.

Haha, no offense taken. Omiee is a poster who ratted on another member even though he wasn't the target of the post. Just teasing ya.

Your wife sounds like a lovely lady. Her folks need to keep it up to cleanse your negative influence!

Imagine Lescott waiting in line at Voodoo.

Fuck hayfever. Absolute nightmare. I can deal with the sneezing and runny nose, but the itchy throat and eyes make me want to hibernate til Autumn

Barzul

Ben Smith
‏@BenSmithBBC
Adam Lallana has told #SaintsFC he wants to leave. No formal transfer request, yet. More @BBCSport pic.twitter.com/c9Dijoae2R

Really hope ESPN doesn't use him for World Cup matches... I'm scared to think who they'll use.

Sorry Inferno....

From ESPN
Tirico, Ley and Hipgrave will work with ESPN’s 11-member analyst team that features a global roster of international football experts. Collectively, the analysts have been on 15 World Cup rosters and played in 43 matches: Steve McManaman, Stewart Robson (England); Alexi Lalas, Taylor Twellman, Kasey Keller (USA); Michael Ballack (Germany); Efan Ekoku (Nigeria); Alejandro Moreno (Venezuela); Gilberto Silva (Brazil); Santiago Solari (Argentina); Roberto Martinez (Spain); and Ruud van Nistelrooy (Netherlands).

TeddyBoy

Ben Smith
‏@BenSmithBBC
Adam Lallana has told #SaintsFC he wants to leave. No formal transfer request, yet. More @BBCSport pic.twitter.com/c9Dijoae2R

Unless he hands in a transfer request, this doesn't change the situation much.

Does anyone know if Lambert handed in a transfer request?

Unless he hands in a transfer request, this doesn't change the situation much.

Does anyone know if Lambert handed in a transfer request?

I imagine he did as a gesture to lose his loyalty bonus and smooth the transfer, while Southampton kept it quiet as a gesture of goodwill

Jarnet87

I think ESPN does pretty good coverage of the world cup. It's going to looks even better in retrospect when Fox take over. What a disaster that will be, a bunch of gus johnsons calling football matches.

Turok_TTZ

A real shame about De la red. If only he never had that heart problem. Still say it to this day, had we never lost De la red, we would have never signed Xabi Alonso. Shit you not.
Sky was the limit with De la red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom