• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

Dat Game of Thrones, I was
hoping for more build up of the end but the fight was about right.

Christ, what a shit club.

So many amazing facts about Lampard will be talked about if the media love in for other players pauses a moment. Like who the top scorer in Chelsea v Barca games is, of which there are many. The heir apparent GOAT, Messi? Nah.

Would love him to stay in the premier league, only needs 6 more goals. I think he got 6 goals last season from DM, with barely any playing time. Shows you what kind of man Mourinho is as well, Lampard was his best player and stood by him through everything... then gets thrown aside. Jose seems worse last season in everything.
As far as I know, he was offered a contract on reduced wages. Jose publicly expressed his desire for him to stay.

What's so shit about that?

Marc

What about a player leaving makes us a shit club?

A servant to the club who showed more class than the club themselves, dragged their name out of the mud more than most. All time top scorer. Had the highest assists of the modern era as well. Won tons of trophies for you, with many great performances in key games. An inspirational figure for kids to look up to and learn from. A good ambassador for the club to spread the word that it isn't all Mourinho types. Only player to get a sniff of individual awards in Europe/FIFA. He was more than "a player" and for a 'fan' to say it like that speaks volumes in itself.

And you let that go, you let his contract run down without stating the clear intent, you don't give him a send off in the league... you don't do everything you can to keep him until he retires? Got some truly amazing midfielders keeping him out as well in the likes of Ramires, can't trap a ball, can't pass, can't keep his head up but he can run a lot so that suits the hustle style of play more I guess.

So yeah, its a pretty telling indictment, I have stuck up for Chelsea numerous times amongst neutrals as I am not personally bothered about the oil rich angle. Things like this though, waste of time really. Struggling to think of a likeable and respectable guy in that squad now... Cech? *shrugs*

Salvadora

So why is he going to Chelsea

pls help me understand Ive been out of the loop these past two days
He's not going to Chelsea, my sweet summer child.

Cesc has been linked with every major club in England over the past few days and we have yet to see anything concrete.

Blablurn

Nicki-Minaj-Cleavy-and-Booty-Hosting-Pool-Party-at-Aria-in-Vegas-08-435x580.jpg

Marc

Fintan - Because when you are still paying out of the arse for the likes of Torres to scrape by the odd game, its a tad insulting.

Obviously we don't know the details but it seems impossible to believe Lampard was the one trying to get out of staying. Especially when Chelsea did the same with Cole and had made it clear they were reducing wages and ages of the squad, you would think there would be an exception in that for their clubs greatest player.

Makeup_gun.gif

bud

Why is that? Fabregas could play alongside Matic but have some leeway to play more offensively and let Matic handle most of the defensive work.

fabregas alongside matic? no, fabregas is a 10.

besides, didn't mourinho let mata go because he didn't transition well enough from offence to defence? don't see fabregas doing it better.

tbm24

Real kit reveal just got done. Di Maria was at the end saying next time you'll see him in that kit is on the pitch. Could be a nod to those transfer rumors about it? Who knows.

fabregas alongside matic? no, fabregas is a 10.

besides, didn't mourinho let mata go because he didn't transition well enough from offence to defence? don't see fabregas doing it better.
Didn't Fabregas start in a more central/defensive midfield role back at Arsenal? Besides, I'm sure Mourinho would get the best out of him regardless. He can also play as a winger or the 10 and with Chelsea's style of constantly shifting I think he would do well there.

edit: you're probably right WRT defensive duties. No idea how he would fare there unless his work rate is top notch.

dc89

Just installing the iOS8 Beta. I hope it's more stable than the original iOS7 Beta.
I also bought Child of Light Deluxe on PS4. Tesco had it in stock and I wasn't walking away without it.

Today has been a good day

wedward

Wenger told Fabregas he doesn't want him according to the reports.

Harsh.

Kind of hope this is true. Hopefully it means Wenger has bigger plans and doesn't want to disrupt them by bringing back Cesc.

Also, Fabregas is a #10. You can throw him in mid but if you are looking for a central mid you'd be better off looking elsewhere.

A servant to the club who showed more class than the club themselves, dragged their name out of the mud more than most. All time top scorer. Had the highest assists of the modern era as well. Won tons of trophies for you, with many great performances in key games. An inspirational figure for kids to look up to and learn from. A good ambassador for the club to spread the word that it isn't all Mourinho types. Only player to get a sniff of individual awards in Europe/FIFA. He was more than "a player" and for a 'fan' to say it like that speaks volumes in itself.

And you let that go, you let his contract run down without stating the clear intent, you don't give him a send off in the league... you don't do everything you can to keep him until he retires? Got some truly amazing midfielders keeping him out as well in the likes of Ramires, can't trap a ball, can't pass, can't keep his head up but he can run a lot so that suits the hustle style of play more I guess.

So yeah, its a pretty telling indictment, I have stuck up for Chelsea numerous times amongst neutrals as I am not personally bothered about the oil rich angle. Things like this though, waste of time really. Struggling to think of a likeable and respectable guy in that squad now... Cech? *shrugs*

What exactly do you base the lack of effort to keep him on?

We have no real idea what went on, perhaps he felt it was time and wanted to go somewhere new? I'd have loved for him to stay, but it didn't go that way.

You seem to be questioning me as a fan, perhaps I'm just glad and grateful for the years of incredible service he gave us every single time went onto the pitch and respect his/the clubs decision. There has been talk for a long time of a move to the US and I'm more than aware of everything he did for us.

Its a very sad day as a Chelsea fan, but he's not in his mid-20s, he's coming up to mid-30s and the club want to usher in a new era of younger players. As I said, its very sad and I'm disappointed but we aren't the first club to ever let a legend go, and its not like he demanded a public transfer for lack of ambition or anything similar, his time came to an end and he won't be forgotten. He'll be back as a coach.

Barzul

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 1m
Barcelona have received three formal offers for midfielder Cesc Fabregas: Manchester United 43M - Chelsea 40M - Arsenal 36M [sport]

LOL Man U

I am deeply saddened by Lampard's departure as he's my favourite Chelsea player but alas it was the right time he have served the club well and I for one will never forget all those moments he has provided I hope one day he returns in some capacity.

Edit: also with the Fabregas thing I hope we don't buy him I really don't like the guy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Barcelona have received three formal offers for midfielder Cesc Fabregas: Manchester United 43M - Chelsea 40M - Arsenal 36M [sport]

LOL Man U

AHAHAHAHAHA

GO BIG GAHL, GO BIG NOW

3Sixty

From a genuine ITK

------

1. Lallana. As you may see from my posting history, things I have been privy to from inside the club have meant I have never warmed to a certain badge kissing individual as much as others. His lack of care at his internal end of season review (including his statistical input input into matches) had alarm bells ringing, as did his apparent contrasting attitudes in discussing his future with those inside and outside the club. Some within the club are happy that the Blackmore tweet broke, as it showed that the Loyal local lad may not have Saints as his number one thought. It is also thought that a raise from any top 10, instead of top 4 club, would be enough to have him causing disruption once more. Whether or not he will hand in a transfer request, or Liverpool will Negotiate a lump sum settlement with Bournemouth remains to be seen. Intresting that his former boss does not rate him enough to bid for him (all alleged). Whatever happens, don't expect a 'goodtimes' highlights reel if he does leave.

2. Lambert. The Club had received a number of enquiries for Rickie, but he batted them away. The board was mindful that within a few days of meeting the players (December), Rickie had managed to insert Liverpool into most conversations, such was his passion for his home-town club. They were also grateful for his courteous, patient behaviour upon hearing of the offer, and there was genuine good feeling on both sides when goodbyes were made. Unlike some others.

3. Budget. The 35 Million is still in place. The board are hesitant to confirm the amount added to this now, as prices will be artificially inflated even without more sales.

4. Katharina Liebherr. Despite the prevailing view on here, she does care for the club, and our future. One thing my source was unclear on (because they couldn't get a handle on it yet) is whether she genuinely thinks RK and Reed are doing a sufficient job on a learning curve, or whether their is an imminent reshuffle. One thing is certain though, there has been an increase in 2 person meetings as opposed to group meetings.

Also suggests Saints want the manager situation sorted before 'National team vacancies' happen. Worried Holland might want Koeman.

L1NETT

Lampard let his contract run down, no public moaning or Yaya Toure shaped antics. Mou obviously doesn't see him as part of his plans, so he was let go with no fuss. As it should be.

Don't know what you are on about Marc, offering sentimental contracts is not how football clubs should work.

He will likely get a testimonial, he deserves one. Fantastic player over a number of years for that club. I reckon he'll go to West Ham (after his playing career) and run the academy.

Stubo

Woody is damned if does, damned if he doesn't.

Signs loads of big names for big money - "Overspent in the market"

Doesn't want to be ripped off, picks up cheap dudes - "Failed to revitalise the depleted squad"

He definitely has no idea what he's doing, but I'm starting to feel a tiny bit sorry for him.

Dat Game of Thrones, I was
hoping for more build up of the end but the fight was about right.

Christ, what a shit club.

So many amazing facts about Lampard will be talked about if the media love in for other players pauses a moment. Like who the top scorer in Chelsea v Barca games is, of which there are many. The heir apparent GOAT, Messi? Nah.

Would love him to stay in the premier league, only needs 6 more goals. I think he got 6 goals last season from DM, with barely any playing time. Shows you what kind of man Mourinho is as well, Lampard was his best player and stood by him through everything... then gets thrown aside. Jose seems worse last season in everything.
Oh shut up!

We have no idea what took place in the background clearly Lamps isn't the player he once was and having him at the club for having him sake wasn't gonna do anyone any good when he still is capable of playing at MLS level at least.

Clegg

What're the odds that Barca haven't received any bids for Fabregas? Pretty likely I reckon,

He's an excellent player but plays in a position where all the obvious suitors have an abundance of talent.

GQman2121

Banned
Wilian > Fabregas

Is Cesc a better #10 than Oscar though? Maybe. But maybe not. Regardless, I don't think he's the type of player that will make us better than we already are with the squad we already have.

We need a true CM to pair with Matic. Someone with poise, and vision, and not named Ramries.

Barzul

Wilian > Fabregas

Is Cesc a better #10 than Oscar though? Maybe. But maybe not. Regardless, I don't think he's the type of player that will make us better than we already are with the squad we already have.

We need a true CM to pair with Matic. Someone with poise, and vision, and not named Ramries.

That's why I thought you guys would be more interested in Pogba.

Clegg

Wilian > Fabregas

I wouldn't go that far.

He'd go right back to being one of the best in the league if he returned to England. I like William though. He's skilled on the ball and is a fabulously hard worker. But Fabregas is a different beast altogether. He has Rooney's productivity but is on another level technically.

LOL Man U

Is Sport reliable? All the Guardian journos are saying United isn't interested.

From a genuine ITK

------

1. Lallana. As you may see from my posting history, things I have been privy to from inside the club have meant I have never warmed to a certain badge kissing individual as much as others. His lack of care at his internal end of season review (including his statistical input input into matches) had alarm bells ringing, as did his apparent contrasting attitudes in discussing his future with those inside and outside the club. Some within the club are happy that the Blackmore tweet broke, as it showed that the Loyal local lad may not have Saints as his number one thought. It is also thought that a raise from any top 10, instead of top 4 club, would be enough to have him causing disruption once more. Whether or not he will hand in a transfer request, or Liverpool will Negotiate a lump sum settlement with Bournemouth remains to be seen. Intresting that his former boss does not rate him enough to bid for him (all alleged). Whatever happens, don't expect a 'goodtimes' highlights reel if he does leave.

2. Lambert. The Club had received a number of enquiries for Rickie, but he batted them away. The board was mindful that within a few days of meeting the players (December), Rickie had managed to insert Liverpool into most conversations, such was his passion for his home-town club. They were also grateful for his courteous, patient behaviour upon hearing of the offer, and there was genuine good feeling on both sides when goodbyes were made. Unlike some others.

3. Budget. The 35 Million is still in place. The board are hesitant to confirm the amount added to this now, as prices will be artificially inflated even without more sales.

4. Katharina Liebherr. Despite the prevailing view on here, she does care for the club, and our future. One thing my source was unclear on (because they couldn't get a handle on it yet) is whether she genuinely thinks RK and Reed are doing a sufficient job on a learning curve, or whether their is an imminent reshuffle. One thing is certain though, there has been an increase in 2 person meetings as opposed to group meetings.

Also suggests Saints want the manager situation sorted before 'National team vacancies' happen. Worried Holland might want Koeman.

Hiddink is already lined up to take over from LvG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom