• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think Fabregas ends up at Arsenal.

Every mention of the clause Arsenal have has said that Barcelona need to accept a bid from another team before Arsenal can use it. Of course Arsenal are going to act uninterested.
And they'd be telling Fabregas that.

These stories tend to come from agents and stuff. It doesn't quite fit.

I mean I have no idea what will happen but I wouldn't be so sure Arsenal are staying silent and smiling as everyone else gets sucked into their trap.

omgkitty

bN8xGvm.png

We're done for.

LOL It's only 81 degrees in Miami right now.

Inzaghi with Menez and his agent in Ibiza:

ibp33wtuS0tCKk.jpg

Also, Joorabchian is in Milan and might close the deal for Alex. Rami is apparently a little bit closer (he wants to stay with us but Milan won't pay more than €5m probably) as well.

Goal says we are close to a deal on Serge Aurier and they've been pretty good with Arsenal news. He can apparently also play at CB, and I checked whocscored and he got 18 games in that position with a 7.5 rating, so he's definitely above average in that role. I think that rules us out of signing another CB unless Vermaelen leaves.

Dude is pretty damn tiny for CB, don't think you will want him starting in there in premier league.

wedward

And they'd be telling Fabregas that.

These stories tend to come from agents and stuff. It doesn't quite fit.

I mean I have no idea what will happen but I wouldn't be so sure Arsenal are staying silent and smiling as everyone else gets sucked into their trap.

Sure. And if Fabregas wants to go to Arsenal he would stay quiet. They need someone to bid for him. Why would Chelsea bid if Fabregas tells them he wants to go to Arsenal?

I have no clue what's going to happen.

We had to come to an agreement for that to happen. An agreement couldn't be reached and thus he is free to leave. He's more than likely going somewhere that could offer a lot more money than we did.

nmd I thought he was younger, he is probably asking for some big wages, for some reason I thought he was 25-27, but at 31 its hard to make the case for him.

Barzul

Please don't start using whoscored as a scouting system haha :)

Bad enough clubs use(d?) FM

They're powered by Opta I thought they were fairly decent and I check out players there all the time. It usually has all the goal, assists and position stats. And what clubs used FM lol?

Marc

Perfection.

specialtheongyy44.gif

Christ, that is amazing.

I am an ex-Marc.

Arkham Knight delayed to 2015.

2014 worst year for games in recent memory.

Well... shit. The pre-e3 news is insane, created a summary thread and forgot about it, need to update it apparently.

2014 is a shit year, unless we win the world cup, no pressure Woy.

Wooden and Marc stop fighting, you're both utterly cool.

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Yurt, as president of the good taste club I am forced to listen to you on this matter. Love you Wooden, you silly bastard.

Hmm, broken families everywhere, good time to launch.

Zdczj3v.jpg

I'd be very happy with him the Feyenoord fans seem happy with him?

Adkins is never a prem manager :(

Yeah but... eredivisie, Schteve McLaren won that...

That's not true, don't say it! He can be a prem manager, just needs time. Too late now anyway, will move about in the championship for a bit then goto Scotland or somewhere.

They're powered by Opta I thought they were fairly decent and I check out players there all the time. It usually has all the goal, assists and position stats. And what clubs used FM lol?
Opta are pretty questionable on a fair few things aswell.

Football just doesn't lend itself to statistical analysis that easily IMO. Some may think that's a really archaic view of it but they can piss off.

He just won one mate.
I noticed.

You guys will think it's trolling but he's after more serious honours. Arsenal wouldn't have been happy winning FA cups alone a few years back. You only felt such joy because of the drought.

I'm not saying the money doesn't matter - it always does, but the trophies is the clincher, IMO.

Barzul

Opta are pretty questionable on a fair few things aswell.

Football just doesn't lend itself to statistical analysis that easily IMO. Some may think that's a really archaic view of it but they can piss off.

Obviously, but it can give you a rough idea of a player you haven't watched closely. Like in Aurier's case.

Please don't start using whoscored as a scouting system haha :)

Bad enough clubs use(d?) FM

Pretty sure SI has some pretty extensive databases that are not released with the main games, which is what they license out to some clubs (the first being Moyes at Everton haha). Apparently comparable to wyscout that most big clubs also use, so it's not really that crazy. It's pretty common sense to have these huge database tools.

Obviously, but it can give you a rough idea of a player you haven't watched closely. Like in Aurier's case.
I strongly disagree.

Whoscored stats would tell you Evra was the best LB in this years Premierleague.

He definitely wasn't in the top 5, probably 10.

Barzul

I strongly disagree.

Whoscored stats would tell you Evra was the best LB in this years Premierleague.

Lol, you're right. Well I hope our scouts are good, because we've apparently scouted him extensively.

I strongly disagree.

its a mixed of both, some stuff in football can be helpful others cant, you cant look at it like baseball or other sports. Stats are not definitive, but then again you cant just ignore a guy with a 30% pass accuracy, its a mix of both.

its a mixed of both, some stuff in football can be helpful others cant, you cant look at it like baseball or other sports. Stats are not definitive, but then again you cant just ignore a guy with a 30% pass accuracy, its a mix of both.
I agree.

The unreleased stats which Wooden mentioned may be helpful too because from what I understand they are a lot more situational.

But these high level ones which are put through a filter to generate a rating - they're not very useful and especially when you're trying to judge a player you've never seen play.

Herr K

Banned
Inzaghi with Menez and his agent in Ibiza:

http://i.minus.com/ibp33wtuS0tCKk.jpg[IMG]

Also, Joorabchian is in Milan and might close the deal for Alex. Rami is apparently a little bit closer (he wants to stay with us but Milan won't pay more than €5m probably) as well.[/QUOTE]

W-we're actually signing someone?

pulsemyne

Seems arsenal are trying to buy Bony for 19 million quid. 7 million more than swans paid for him. Not a bad return but I'd much rather him stay.

3Sixty

Lallana a year ago when signing his shiny new 5 year contract.

"I've been at the club since I was 12 and I can only see my future lying with Southampton FC," Lallana said.

"I can't wait to work with the new management team and the lads to continue our progress in the Premier League. It was an easy decision for me with the direction the club is going in.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it."

The mug.

Hixx

Lallana a year ago when signing his shiny new 5 year contract.

"I've been at the club since I was 12 and I can only see my future lying with Southampton FC," Lallana said.

"I can't wait to work with the new management team and the lads to continue our progress in the Premier League. It was an easy decision for me with the direction the club is going in.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it."

The mug.

He can still come back for a week when he's 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom