• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy starting line-up for tomorrow's friendly:

Buffon; Abate, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Sciglio; Pirlo, De Rossi, Verratti; Candreva, Marchisio; Balotelli

Will be interesting to see Verratti play with Pirlo.

Good to see Azpilicueta next to his 3 new Chelsea team m8's.

kFzcWwA.jpg

I'm more invested in Januzaj than any United player ever.

There's nothing you can do it say that will shake me.

I'm close to him the way you're close to Andy Carroll. The things we've seen.

If you've seen those parts of Janet Jazz Rabbit I'm reporting you, isn't he still underaged?

W-we're actually signing someone?

Yup. And we might sign them before the WC starts as well. Not that those players will be in Brazil, but it'd be nice to know that they'll start the summer training from the first day.

Just give me Rami and I'll be happy. For a month.

pulga

Banned
Atletico is very close to signing Siquiera from Granada (now in Benfica) for 10m. Nice piece of business for them, covering up the hole Filipe Luis is about to leave behind.

Meier

Whoscored is kind of a mixed bag. Their rating system can provide very good insight but it is arguably slightly flawed in how certain things are weighted. But in terms of pure stats, it's a great resource.

Feorax

Lallana a year ago when signing his shiny new 5 year contract.

"I've been at the club since I was 12 and I can only see my future lying with Southampton FC," Lallana said.

"I can't wait to work with the new management team and the lads to continue our progress in the Premier League. It was an easy decision for me with the direction the club is going in.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it."

The mug.

Fwiw, I'm tiring of his attitude now. If he wants the move he should put in the transfer request and forefit the loyalty bonus. That will probably go some way to resolving the issue of Bournemouth's sell-on payment if nothing else. It's not like he would be paid pittance if he came to Anfield anyhow.

He says he's ambitious, and he says he loves Saints. Right now he's showing evidence of neither.

I mean, what the fuck is this?!

BpOSOxuIYAAm2jx.jpg

I'd go spare if that was one of our lads signing the shirt of the club he'd been linked to. Even fucking Aspas.

Lallana a year ago when signing his shiny new 5 year contract.

"I've been at the club since I was 12 and I can only see my future lying with Southampton FC," Lallana said.

"I can't wait to work with the new management team and the lads to continue our progress in the Premier League. It was an easy decision for me with the direction the club is going in.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it."

The mug.

Don't they all say that.

I remember Christiano Ronaldo pledging his future for United a season before he left us for Real Madrid.

It happens. It's just PR talk to appease the fans.

Fwiw, I'm tiring of his attitude now. If he wants the move he should put in the transfer request and forefit the loyalty bonus. That will probably go some way to resolving the issue of Bournemouth's sell-on payment if nothing else. It's not like he would be paid pittance if he came to Anfield anyhow.

He says he's ambitious, and he says he loves Saints. Right now he's showing evidence of neither.

I mean, what the fuck is this?!

BpOSOxuIYAAm2jx.jpg

I'd go spare if that was one of our lads signing the shirt of the club he'd been linked to. Even fucking Aspas.

What is he supposed to do?

Dunno - it's not ideal but I'm not sure you can blame him there.

Antonsson is a free agent this summer as well you know.

Yeah he was out saying he would like to return... and that he himself recommended Per Nilsson to Ståle. Our defense is getting really fucking old though, Mellberg who is at least 50, Per Nilsson 31 and then possible Antonsson 33 or Hangeland 32... Would much prefer Zanka to return, although all Copenhagen supporters seems to be against it. "He's too arrogant", yeah well, he was a 21 year old putting world class players in their place in CL, he's supposed to be a bit arrogant.

bud

Inzaghi with Menez and his agent in Ibiza:

ibp33wtuS0tCKk.jpg

Also, Joorabchian is in Milan and might close the deal for Alex. Rami is apparently a little bit closer (he wants to stay with us but Milan won't pay more than €5m probably) as well.

inzaghi looks bored out of his mind, and shows no interest in menez at all. i got all of that from that one shot.

he will flop.

Feorax

He wants to join a bigger club that's in the CL - isn't that ambitious?

I think if he was ambitious, he would be trying to sort the move himself by putting in the transfer request, rather than waiting to see if Saints cave and he gets his loyalty bonus.

Maybe the boy thought he was Lambert?

@guillenick: Asked Lallana if he was signing, said he "Hopes so mate"

Barzul

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h
Arda Turan: "Man Utd have reached an agreement with Atletico to buy me in last August but they changed their plan and bought Fellaini."

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 55m
Arda Turan: "But that worked on my advantage. I had the greatest season of my career. Man Utd couldn't even qualify to Europa League."

Salvadora

FIFA's ethics investigator isn't going to examine the millions of new documents alleging corruption that the Sunday Times obtained, because it would "impractical" for him to do so.

You couldn't make this up.

Marc

FIFA's ethics investigator isn't going to examine the millions of new documents alleging corruption that the Sunday Times obtained, because it would "impractical" for him to do so.

You couldn't make this up.

I am hoping that it is a case of him already having enough evidence to bury them, so can't be arsed digging through even more evidence.

Is then seen driving around in a Lamborghini Veneno with 'FIFA' on the plates.

Man, I was a lot less enthusiastic about doing the writeup on Russia for the World Cup thread than I thought I would be. Capello has drained all the excitement out of me :(

I am hoping that it is a case of him already having enough evidence to bury them, so can't be arsed digging through even more evidence.

Is then seen driving around in a Lamborghini Veneno with 'FIFA' on the plates.
Well it's not like this evidence is a surprise since it was clearly leaked by Blatter to undermine his opposition within FIFA.

bud

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h
Arda Turan: "Man Utd have reached an agreement with Atletico to buy me in last August but they changed their plan and bought Fellaini."

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h

i cannot breathe

i cannot live

FELLAINEH

kdHTr7X.png

I will laugh either way

iKAAHzDbbIz0v.gif

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h

mephobia ‏@mephobia8 1h

i cannot breathe

i cannot live

FELLAINEH

kdHTr7X.png

I found this fan art

zNzLgFs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom