• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me you got better :p

14-0, what more do you want?

Went 6-4 or something with Sniper yesterday, and single handedly turned the tide of the match as they ignored me and tried attacking our base while I took all 3 of the bottom towers out

Think it might ust be a case of getting used to the heroes, every match wth every hero, my personal performance gets a little better

14-0, what more do you want?

Went 6-4 or something with Sniper yesterday, and single handedly turned the tide of the match as they ignored me and tried attacking our base while I took all 3 of the bottom towers out

Think it might ust be a case of getting used to the heroes, every match wth every hero, my personal performance gets a little better
The key is to learn how all the mechanics works; the intricacies of playing the support role, last hitting, etc. etc. if you learn the basic mechanics and some of the more advances ones then you are golden. Learning individual heroes is easy compared to other aspects of the game.

Should have just taken Clyne and Flanagan then.

He'd have been hauled over the Coles for thatm even though it would have been completely justified. Johnson and Walker aren't good enough, and Jones is a rubbish rightback. Those 3 seem to be the de facto rightbacks, when they've done fuck all to earn it recently.

(I know Walker's not there)

The key is to learn how all the mechanics works; the intricacies of playing the support role, last hitting, etc. etc. if you learn the basic mechanics and some of the more advances ones then you are golden. Learning individual heroes is easy compared to other aspects of the game.

I've never seen a good guide/explanation of the basic mechanics

Feorax

Rooney playing on the left wing tomorrow?

I get why owl-face is doing it, but it's a hell of a long shot if he thinks he'll get a good performance out of him there.

If Rooney is bad, the media ignore it.

If he's the worst player on the pitch, the media make excuses for him and assume he'll be better next game.

What really fucking annoys me is that we have players like Sterling, Sturridge, Welbeck, and Lallana who you just know are one poor performance away from being dropped, yet Rooney is untouchable despite not being the type who can pull off a piece of magic despite playing poorly. Like, if Ronaldo or Suarez are playing badly, you keep them on the pitch because they can show a flash of their class at any time. Rooney on the other hand, provides fuck all to England when he's playing badly, aside from the odd goalmouth scramble tap-in against Macedonia and the like.

If Rooney is bad, the media ignore it.

If he's the worst player on the pitch, the media make excuses for him and assume he'll be better next game.

What really fucking annoys me is that we have players like Sterling, Sturridge, Welbeck, and Lallana who you just know are one poor performance away from being dropped, yet Rooney is untouchable despite not being the type who can pull off a piece of magic despite playing poorly. Like, if Ronaldo or Suarez are playing badly, you keep them on the pitch because they can show a flash of their class at any time. Rooney on the other hand, provides fuck all to England when he's playing badly, aside from the odd goalmouth scramble tap-in against Macedonia and the like.
Rooneys media treatment is not exclusive to Rooney.

England players get the same across the board by and large.

This is where Rooney becomes the problem. I don't give a shit about the twat but Rooney is one very small part of the overall issue which England have - which is that the players generally aren't that good, don't know how to play together and have a crap manager.

Rooneys media treatment is not exclusive to Rooney.

England players get the same across the board by and large.

This is where Rooney becomes the problem. I don't give a shit about the twat but Rooney is one very small part of the overall issue which England have - which is that the players generally aren't that good, don't know how to play together and have a crap manager.

My problem with that though is that no matter how bad Hodgson is, 4-3-3 is s system in which 5 of the attacking 6 should be expected to be able to slot right into. It suits everyone, except for Rooney. Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, and Sturridge can definitely play in that system, Lallana almost definitely would, and I think Welbeck would as well. But no, we can't do that as we'd then have to play Rooney or Sturridge in a wide position.

We're fucking over the entire team to appease 1 player. Obviously it's a combination of Hodgson's disinclination to play attacking football and Rooney's reputation as the Great White Hope, but it's such a fucking obvious change and we've done nothing to show that Hodgson's even thought of contemplating a team that suits the personnel as a whole, rather than just focussing on letting Rooney do what he wants, and having everyone else standing static.

There are a lot of systematic problems in our national game, but there's only one reason our attackers barely ever dribble, run beyond the last man, or display any flair whatsoever, and that's because they're told not to, and play in a system which discourages it.

If Sterling is tasked with just keeping possession and hitting the byline when possible, I'm going to fucking deck Hodgson. If he doesn't even play, I'll deck him twice.

edit: George RR Martin is beginning to look like a Bo Selecta character

Scum

He'd have been hauled over the Coles for thatm even though it would have been completely justified. Johnson and Walker aren't good enough, and Jones is a rubbish rightback. Those 3 seem to be the de facto rightbacks, when they've done fuck all to earn it recently.

(I know Walker's not there)
Johnson as the only proper RB is daft. I would have dropped him, Lampard and Milner for Clyne, Barry and a training cone.

My problem with that though is that no matter how bad Hodgson is, 4-3-3 is s system in which 5 of the attacking 6 should be expected to be able to slot right into. It suits everyone, except for Rooney. Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, and Sturridge can definitely play in that system, Lallana almost definitely would, and I think Welbeck would as well. But no, we can't do that as we'd then have to play Rooney or Sturridge in a wide position.

We're fucking over the entire team to appease 1 player. Obviously it's a combination of Hodgson's disinclination to play attacking football and Rooney's reputation as the Great White Hope, but it's such a fucking obvious change and we've done nothing to show that Hodgson's even thought of contemplating a team that suits the personnel as a whole, rather than just focussing on letting Rooney do what he wants, and having everyone else standing static.

There are a lot of systematic problems in our national game, but there's only one reason our attackers barely ever dribble, run beyond the last man, or display any flair whatsoever, and that's because they're told not to, and play in a system which discourages it.

I also think England players dribble with the ball alot more under Hodgson than they have in a long long time. Most of them are shit at it though.

If Sterling is tasked with just keeping possession and hitting the byline when possible, I'm going to fucking deck Hodgson. If he doesn't even play, I'll deck him twice.

Rooney can play in that system and from the sounds of it he will be playing in it out wide tomorrow.

Yes - Rooney is the star player. But there's a reason he got that status. Because a while back he was actually pretty good...and also because for a long time everyone else in that part of the pitch has been complete shit.

The realistic notion of dropping Rooney has only really become apparent in the last few months of the season. Is Hodgson really going to make that call a few weeks before the WC? No he's not.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Rooney playing on the left wing tomorrow?

I get why owl-face is doing it, but it's a hell of a long shot if he thinks he'll get a good performance out of him there.

I get the feeling they'd play him in goal with a broken leg at this point

give someone else a chance. It can't get any worse.

Scum

Rooney will turn up tomorrow and shame Hitch? like bukkake. Then he'll get injured after the 2nd game and Man Utd GAF will forever hate Hodgson.

This fucking game:

iJ5TRPa.gif

GOAT

wedward

Rumors on twitter of Arsenal signing a sponsorship deal with American Airlines for our training kit.

£18m/year

Pls Gazidis.

AA's official twitter said they are excited about the news lol.

American Airlines @AmericanAir · 38m
@gunnerargentina We're excited about the news!

Yes Viva, we know. It's not as much as United.

I'm not even remotely looking forward to Destiny, latest trailer made it look pretty boring....hope it plays better than it looks.

That 7 minute gameplay video was hilariously counterproductive. Made the game look relentlessly dull and monotonous. Prevented me from preoerdering tbh, gonna wait for reviews and user impressions

wedward

Holy shit, cash fucking money. That's a fantastic deal.

Incredible if true. I think United signed a 19/8 years deal last year.

Seems odd though. Emirates and American?

Another rumor is we have hired Shad Forsythe as our fitness coach? Apparently he worked for the German national team.

edit-AA is probably bullshit. Pretty sure our Emirates deal includes training.

-----------------------Courtois------------------

Azpilicueta----Terry---Cahill---------Luis

----------------------Matic-----------------------
----------------------------Fabregas------------

--------------------Willian------------------------

------Costa---------------------------Hazard--
------------------------Lukaku-------------------

Is Costa necessarily being bought as just a CF? He was fantastic as an inside forward in 12/13. That team wins the league.

Salvadora

Incredible if true. I think United signed a 19/8 years deal last year.

Seems odd though. Emirates and American?

Another rumor is we have hired Shad Forsythe as our fitness coach? Apparently he worked for the German national team.
Honestly, I've never heard of him before. An outsider coming in to objectively assess conditions would be welcomed. If he solved our fitness issues, that would genuinely be the best bit of business we could do this summer.

edit: George RR Martin is beginning to look like a Bo Selecta character

In not real life (FIFA) I took the gig of England's national team. First thing I did was go to a 4-2-3-2 and ran everything through Sturridge. Rooney would do his part by getting deflections and such but Sturridge and, at times, Welbeck were the engine of the team.

So yeah. There's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom