• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random post, but just looking at the teams of Group B, I feel one between Spain and the Netherlands is not going to qualify to the next round. I feel 90% sure that Chile is going to be in the round of 16,
to lose against Brazil again
. Shit will be crazy if Spain is the unlucky one. I also can't believe how shit is Group H. Just 8 more days!

Random post, but just looking at the teams of Group B, I feel one between Spain and the Netherlands is not going to qualify to the next round. I feel 90% sure that Chile is going to be in the round of 16,
. Shit will be crazy if Spain is the unlucky one. I also can't believe how shit is Group H. Just 8 more days!

Is that a Honduras flag I spy in your avatar? Every team in group H would mop the floor with them.

Mario Kart would be much more attractive to me if it was Nintendo Kart, and had the likes of Link, Samus, Chrom, Starfox etc

Maybe don't go as far as Smash Bros with third party chracters, but fuck Mario

Lightning

Banned
Why are Wales resting Ramsey? He has a whole summer of resting ahead of him, Wales are not at the world cup. Would have rathered a stronger opponent to further prepare us for our tough group.

Bare minimum is get out of the group stage. Please!

omgkitty

Why are Wales resting Ramsey? He has a whole summer of resting ahead of him, Wales are not at the world cup. Would have rathered a stronger opponent to further prepare us for our tough group.

Bare minimum is get out of the group stage. Please!

Ramsey plays in a pointless friendly for his country, someone mistimes a tackle and he's out for 6 months. Arsenal is more important to you!

Fularu

Banned
PSG have effectively bought an entire new squad in two years, no one else in Europe, even City, have done that.

Germany's top 5 don't

How are Arsenal breaking FFP?

The evil ending to Infamous is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

Milan barely spends any money on transfers, we are mismanaged horribly but we aren't violating FFP lol.

Sorry bro, but the only ones that come close are Chelsea and City. Chelsea much less so.

AFAIK if I understand this right :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Financial_Fair_Play_Regulations#Premier_League

It's widespread. The sponsoring deal Paris struck was just deemed unsatisfactory which removed 250 million euros from their budget.

Still FFP is rather dumb and I just don't see why we single out PSG (even if it was in jest) when Real Madrid is what, 500 million in debt?

Salazar

Watched a goals of the season thing last night.

Michael Owen was on at the end, picking his top ten. His short term memory is damaged somehow.

"Now there's two things about this goal - one, the vision. And two, the technique".

Next goal comes up

"You've got to look for two things in appreciating this goal - one, vision. Two, technique".

Herr K

Banned

Chi chi chi le le le, viva Chile!

They'll make it, I'm sure.

arkon

Watched a goals of the season thing last night.

Michael Owen was on at the end, picking his top ten. His short term memory is damaged somehow.

"Now there's two things about this goal - one, the vision. And two, the technique".

Next goal comes up

"You've got to look for two things in appreciating this goal - one, vision. Two, technique".

Pretty sure fully functioning long and short term memory was one of the bullet points on his brochure. Must be a recent trauma.

4-2-3-2? Is that a DLC formation? :p

I meant 3-5-2. I'm an idiot but willing to learn to become less idiot. The numbers correspond to the 3rds of the field or the lines the players create while in formation? I had assumed the latter but it seems the former is what is true.

Also, the 4 was meant to be a 3, that was just me in a hurry.

Your scorn here is welcome but please make it pointed enough to teach me more about the sports. Thanks in advance.

Salazar

Australia's Commonwealth Games outfit

hrqabRr.jpg

Don't let us host a World Cup, pls

Linius

I need to be more active in footy threads

Anyway I'm a lifelong PSG fan (ici c'est Paris / Paris est magique / etc) more or less since 1986.

I have to wonder, since more and more french teams are going further within the Champions League or the UEFA cup, why no info on the french "Ligue 1"?

Especially when you have small championships like Holland's listed (as far as who won it anyway).

Edit : I realise this may have already been asked, but still, sorry to interupt your current discusison :p

Way to barge in, we Holland bros won't step away. I hope you like my title.

Meier

Australia's Commonwealth Games outfit

Don't let us host a World Cup, pls
If the jacket were a bit more tailored, I'd love it.

Looking at their group, I think Džeko could score 5 easily. I expect a HT or brace in either or both of the Iran and Nigeria games and think he'll score on Argentina. He could compete for the Golden Boot even if they lose their first knock-out game.

Tubie

I almost want this to happen so Ramos/Alonso/Casillas can rest and have a good preseason. World Cup (before and after) years are always brutal on clubs and Real Madrid has a shitton of players in teams that can go far in the tournament.

GorillaJu

I've been thinking about what I should do if my gf gets pregnant. I want to get married and have kids but if she gets pregnant she's probably gonna sneak over that 50kg threshold for the last few months of pregnancy. Maybe if I keep her on a strict diet or just encourage her to lose weight before hand to be 100% safe. Hmmmm

I've been thinking about what I should do if my gf gets pregnant. I want to get married and have kids but if she gets pregnant she's probably gonna sneak over that 50kg threshold for the last few months of pregnancy. Maybe if I keep her on a strict diet or just encourage her to lose weight before hand to be 100% safe. Hmmmm

Ride the wave.

AFAIK if I understand this right :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Financial_Fair_Play_Regulations#Premier_League

It's widespread. The sponsoring deal Paris struck was just deemed unsatisfactory which removed 250 million euros from their budget.

Still FFP is rather dumb and I just don't see why we single out PSG (even if it was in jest) when Real Madrid is what, 500 million in debt?

If PSG's violating FFP, then Spain's, Englands, Italy's and Germany's top 5 all violate it too :p

Someone should really read up on what FFP is. I suggest http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/9/3/4683284/fair-or-foul-a-look. But welcome to football GAF.

My advice....plan it so the baby comes the week before the World Cup , 2018.

I was able to take 1 month off work to enjoy and help my wife get acclimated with our first child. My daughter was born the very first week of the 2010 WC (the draw between USA and England) and I got to stay home and get paid for watching the world cup for a whole month. A newborn only needs a father around to allow the mother a few hours sleep. You are pretty much useless otherwise. So I basically would sit on the couch and watch every match with my brand new baby daughter sleeping in my arms with nobody to bug me because the wife was passed out in bed. It was an amazing bonding experience and it's why, as an American, the World Cup will always have a special place in my heart.

Along with the WC, that 1 month off included US Open (Golf), and wimbeldon. Talk about an awesome month of sport....

GorillaJu

Damn that's good advice. Too bad I'll be 34 and the gf will be 37 then. Too old for a first child :mad:

I gotta put things on turbo mode soon here.

GorillaJu

Not sure when I want a kid. I don't want one in my 20s. 33 or 34 sounds like a good age.

At 30 I feel like now is the time. I don't enjoy going out every weekend like I used to, a quiet night at home is more my gig. Starting to feel like just living for the sake of living and spending most of my time working isnt really fulfilling, even if I enjoy my work (which I do, very much). And I used to hate kids—love em now. Only problem is my gf is 3 years older and there are biological things at work there, so I don't have the luxury of putting it off much longer and I'm a terrible procrastinator.

operon

At 30 I feel like now is the time. I don't enjoy going out every weekend like I used to, a quiet night at home is more my gig. Starting to feel like just living for the sake of living and spending most of my time working isnt really fulfilling, even if I enjoy my work (which I do, very much). And I used to hate kids—love em now. Only problem is my gf is 3 years older and there are biological things at work there, so I don't have the luxury of putting it off much longer and I'm a terrible procrastinator.
You don't want to leave it to late. We had our son when I was 28 and the wife was 27.

sohois

/sigh

When will The King return?

2014 was an amazing tech demo for a football game, they just forgot to include the actual game part.

One would assume the next version would allow them the time to get to grips with the engine and include the game part, though I am concerned that they will simply spread themselves too thin over current and previous gen versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom