• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In not real life (FIFA) I took the gig of England's national team. First thing I did was go to a 4-2-3-2 and ran everything through Sturridge. Rooney would do his part by getting deflections and such but Sturridge and, at times, Welbeck were the engine of the team.

So yeah. There's that.

4-2-3-2? Is that a DLC formation? :p

Pachimari

Seems Ancelotti have given the okay for Suarez (without selling Benzema) and he wants Vidal over Pogba. Florentino also states, Di Maria is not for sale.

Salazar

Honestly, I've never heard of him before. An outsider coming in to objectively assess conditions would be welcomed. If he solved our fitness issues, that would genuinely be the best bit of business we could do this summer.

Qyburn

Dat unorthodox approach

Rumors on twitter of Arsenal signing a sponsorship deal with American Airlines for our training kit.

£18m/year

Pls Gazidis.

AA's official twitter said they are excited about the news lol.

American Airlines @AmericanAir · 38m
@gunnerargentina We're excited about the news!

Yes Viva, we know. It's not as much as United.
I'd expect us to have bigger commercial deals than Arsenal so nothing major.

Not even close.
Who tops her? RIhanna maybe, but her songs aren't as catchy.

Pachimari

- Casillas have also made his intentions to stay clear.
- Morata have apparently agreed personal terms with Juventus.
- Real Madrid wants Marcelo to stay (but it seems like we won't rule out a sale).

- Casillas have also made his intentions to stay clear.
- Morata have apparently agreed personal terms with Juventus.
- Real Madrid wants Marcelo to stay (but it seems like we won't rule out a sale).

I read on twitter Perez told Cadena Ser that Morata is not going to Juve

BpPZeBhCQAEW_1D.jpg

Love the ads in the corner.

-----------------------Courtois------------------

Azpilicueta----Terry---Cahill---------Luis

----------------------Matic-----------------------
----------------------------Fabregas------------

--------------------Willian------------------------

------Costa---------------------------Hazard--
------------------------Lukaku-------------------

Is Costa necessarily being bought as just a CF? He was fantastic as an inside forward in 12/13. That team wins the league.

Really not convinced we'll sign Fabregas. Costa will go up to, Oscar where Willian is and Willy where Costa is.

Lukaku will go back on loan I guess

Marc

Can't stop playing that UFC PS4 demo, really addictive. Some of the knockouts are so brutal and realistic, can see the shudder in their body ffs. Veins popping, at times it makes you do a double-take. This generation is going to be crazy.

http://a.pomf.se/wmyaoy.webm - Webm to show what I am talking about from the UFC thread, at various points you could be fooled into thinking it was real footage.

K1LLER7

Really? Really?

He's never got more than what, like 11 or 12 in a league season? Hardly prolific

Saints could also do a whole lot better

His british accent in Heroes is fucking TERRIBLE
Just in the league, he got 10+ in every season between 2010 - 2013. For a whole season, his highest is 20. Not bad considering he comes off the bench for the majority of games.

Plus he'll be cheap and a ready PL striker who won't require much time settling in.

Fularu

Banned
I need to be more active in footy threads

Anyway I'm a lifelong PSG fan (ici c'est Paris / Paris est magique / etc) more or less since 1986.

I have to wonder, since more and more french teams are going further within the Champions League or the UEFA cup, why no info on the french "Ligue 1"?

Especially when you have small championships like Holland's listed (as far as who won it anyway).

Edit : I realise this may have already been asked, but still, sorry to interupt your current discusison :p

Anyway I'm a lifelong PSG fan (ici c'est Paris / Paris est magique / etc) more or less since 1986.

I have to wonder, since more and more french teams are going further within the Champions League or the UEFA cup, why no info on the french "Ligue 1"?

Especially when you have small championships like Holland's listed (as far as who won it anyway).

Edit : I realise this may have already been asked, but still, sorry to interupt your current discusison :p
It needs some updating anyway. It's the 12/13 season winners still.

K1LLER7

Hernandez is worth at least £15m so unless Saints will take him and £15m, I'd rather we just pay them what they want.
True. Would rather we keep our strikers if we can until at least next season. Focus primarily on Midfield and Defence this summer.

World Cup next week! Holland V Spain June 13th. Massive game.

Unfortunately as part of PSG's punishment for violating FFP, Ligue 1 gets no representation in the OP.

The evil ending to Infamous is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

If PSG's violating FFP, then Spain's, Englands, Italy's and Germany's top 5 all violate it too :p

Milan barely spends any money on transfers, we are mismanaged horribly but we aren't violating FFP lol.

cremino

PSG doesn't even need to buy many players and I don't understand why they waste money on useless garbage like Luiz ...They have many good players coming from their academy and the entire Ile de France at their disposal like if their was a single PL club in London, imagine it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom