• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doicare

Okay performance for the reserve England side, although i'm sure many people will ignore the fact that it was almost entirely the reserve England team playing and just call all of the England team shit trololololololololol. *face palm*

Walshy

Wait. Isn't he off to Liverpool though? I don't even...
Lee Clayton @LeeClayton_ · 21m
Breaking: Spurs offer for Moreno of Seville: £14m plus Soldado (loan) and giving them Capoue (retaining 50 per cent re-sale)

Lee Clayton @LeeClayton_ · 20m
It shows how highly Spurs rate the 21 year-old Spaniard. Story updating on @MailSport now (adding the Capoue element) by @SamiMokbel81_DM
Dunno how reliable he is, but it seemed as if he is nailed on for Liverpool.

But I thought Mkhitaryan was, I get the same vibes with Moreno.

BpUGgzqIgAAjcr6.jpg

disgraceful

Barzul

Okay performance for the reserve England side, although i'm sure many people will ignore the fact that it was almost entirely the reserve England team playing and just call all of the England team shit trololololololololol. *face palm*

Uhh we also call the England first team shit too. Nothing's really changed.

Feorax

Dunno how reliable he is, but it seemed as if he is nailed on for Liverpool.

But I thought Mkhitaryan was, I get the same vibes with Moreno.

Spurs are going to have to probably double the wages we'd offer him if they want him without CL football.

Marc

He probably thought he was out of the WC now.

"@PhantomGoal: Gerrard is going to barge the absolute shit out of Antonio Valencia next season. Unprecedented levels of barging."

Gerrard will definitely slip into Valencia.

Rooney, Barkley and Wilshere are the only ones from today who should start against Italy.

Change Rooney for Ox and I would go along with that. Also Sterling despite the 'red' card.

Jones got better in the game to be fair, still unsure on Jagielka as he was out for a fair amount of time.

There were good bits in this game, just the line up and tactics that held England back. The defence were shocking. Milner should be retired from football.

Walshy

Spurs are going to have to probably double the wages we'd offer him if they want him without CL football.
Alberto and Reina have been putting in good words for us. Fingers crossed eh.

I see Emre Can is near enough done. Should be confirmed tomorrow.

Slizz

Sterling is lucky Tony V didn't body him up.

Though props to Sterling, I thought he'd wilt as fast as Neymar seeing a Pepe

Feorax

If that tackle happens in the first 15 mins it's a warning for both. That's the biggest problem in refereeing right now, zero consistency.

Wilshere grabbed someone's throat during the "aftermath" of that incident but no one gave a toss.

If I was the ref I'd have just banged Sterling's and Valencia's heads together and just got on with it. Althought it was funny to see Sterlings reaction.

I feel like Sterling's studs ended up nowhere near as close to Valencia's leg as that image makes it seem. That's probably luck on Sterling's part, but still.

After winning the ball, again rash but c'mon it was nothing. The ball was there to be won.

I wouldn't send players off for tackles like that - and that's why when I first saw it I didn't think it was a red.

But that is a pretty bad challenge...in any game nevermind a friendly pre-WC.

Meier

For the record, it's just Alberto. That's what he goes by, no Alberto Moreno or even Moreno. Just Alberto. I'm still crossing my fingers that we use our first right of refusal on him but there haven't been any rumors really since January.

Slizz

If that tackle happens in the first 15 mins it's a warning for both. That's the biggest problem in refereeing right now, zero consistency.

It'll never change and I feel like it's something that fans and players need to get used to.

Eventually football will have replays on plays past a goal or non goal, but there will always be the human element in officiating, in fact sports need it.

Baseball right now does not need umpires. They can do balls and strikes with lasers, same with foul and fair balls, homeruns and non-homeruns, but they don't.

Human error is essentially a prime element in all sports.

doicare

Uhh we also call the England first team shit too. Nothing's really changed.
Exactly that's the problem, the England first choice team isn't shit but people with delusional expectations, or terrible opinions, or stupid trolls say they are. Basically if you don't play like Spain or Brazil then you're shit according to FootballGaF. smh

Yen

In the Times:
- club reckon Suarez will stay/won't sell him
- Ayre has got the role of CEO
- Planning permission for the extension has been submitted, some London 2012 dude is overseeing it
-Can will sign

Walshy

:lol

Just...okay.

Further evidence he's a pussyo though.

there was a spider on his neck.
:lol.

Sterling looked shook when those Ecuadorian goons of the bench came for him.

Probably was a red though, you don't go in like that in a WC qualifier.

Your point being? Nobody is saying he didn't deserve it either.
I didn't say he deserved to stay on the pitch.

And I have no point, just responding to the picture of Sterling's tackle with a close up of Valencia's reaction.

Marc

Kevin Bacon talking about watching England and freekicks outside the box....

Pls stahhp!

I wouldn't send players off for tackles like that - and that's why when I first saw it I didn't think it was a red.

But that is a pretty bad challenge...in any game nevermind a friendly pre-WC.

I agree, it is a rash challenge in a friendly but again this is a case of being young and thinking you have to be perfect to break into the team and end up doing impatient things. He could have caught up a yard further and won it cleaner, that doesn't mean winning it earlier and with more danger in doing so is automatically a red.

:lol.

Sterling looked shook when those Ecuadorian goons of the bench came for him.

Probably was a red though, you don't go in like that in a WC qualifier.

I didn't say he deserved to stay on the pitch.

And I have no point, just responding to the picture of Sterling's tackle with a close up of Valencia's reaction.

Trust me m8. Sterling's from around my endz. Went to the school that all the losers go to. Not got it in him.

In the Times:
- club reckon Suarez will stay/won't sell him
- Ayre has got the role of CEO
- Planning permission for the extension has been submitted, some London 2012 dude is overseeing it
-Can will sign

All of that makes me very happy, especially if it keeps Ayre in charge of sponsorships, but gets him away from transfers

Hope it's true

rodvik

Getting more than a little tired with the media narrative that this is a "wide open" world cup.

Brazil are going to win it. The only drama is who will play them in the final.

Find it a little funny that this thread talks about England like we're the worst team on the planet (myself included) but the likes of Italy, Germany and France have hardly pulled any trees up recently :p

wedward

GeoffArsenal @GeoffArsenal · 4s
Firstly, has anyone confirmed this happened? Secondly, how much is £25m into € ?. :)

GEOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

HOLD ON MEUS. HE IS COMING HOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom