• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

BrilliantTastyBronco.gif

Isn't it the CEO who negotiates transfers?
I think Billy Hogan is the sponsor guy.

So this will put him even further in charge of transfers? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

@Yurt, if that was the case, we'd have won the league in 11/12 :p

Barzul

This @GeoffArsenal guy plays you like a fiddle.

Well he's called some big deals. SO I definitely take his word over journos like John Cross or Jeremy Wilson. Only person I place more faith in is David Ornstein. He only comments when it's dead cert.

Marc

Find it a little funny that this thread talks about England like we're the worst team on the planet (myself included) but the likes of Italy, Germany and France have hardly pulled any trees up recently :p

Probably because we keep playing shit at the world cup and those teams step it up (well, maybe not France post-Zidane/Henry).

We have a good young team, no real chance of winning the world cup so just need to play their normal game and go at teams hammer and tong. If we lose, fuck it, we had to at some point and at least we tried.

That's all I want, for England to attempt to be an attacking team. None of this worrying about this happening or that happening, we always worry ourselves silly about what would happen if we went all attack that we never try. Its why we are shit about penalties, instead of having the mentality of "Yes, easy goal here" you can read it in players faces that its more like "Shit, I could miss and everyone will hate me". need to be a more care free team, relax and attack.

Anyone watching this Giggs thing? Post some of the best bits plssss. :)

Salvadora

Maybe this is like when people leak NPD numbers and have to make them a little different to stay off the radar of the authorities.

Ergo, €33m = €30m.

If we can get Can and Moreno done, with Lambert, that'll make me very happy with our early business.

Still need a new CB and wing option though. Would be happy with any of Lallana, Shaqiri and Konoplyanka for the latter, fuck know what's going on with the former though

Walshy

Shit, I'm old :(

Are you still mates with Flanno. Is he on your FB.
Nah, he was good mates with Adam Morgan who went to our school, but the year below. Another lad, Matt McGiveron was with the Liverpool youth team too from the same year and school, never made it past the U21s though.

I used to have him on Facebook, but he deactivated it this season. His display picture was him sitting in a grey tracksuit in a booth in some posh bar :lol.

Haven't spoke to him properly since about 17. You always see him around Liverpool though. It's a small place, you see the majority of the players round and about.

Scum

Dunno how reliable he is, but it seemed as if he is nailed on for Liverpool.

But I thought Mkhitaryan was, I get the same vibes with Moreno.
You just have to mention CL footy and that's that. You can Lennon for a cut £50m if you want a winger.

Properly mad that Fabregas is moving at that price and even the team that are signing him apparently would rather have a couple of others.

Stock just totally gone.

It's the kind of thing that can break a man. I hope he is okay.

Feorax

Still need a new CB and wing option though. Would be happy with any of Lallana, Shaqiri and Konoplyanka for the latter, fuck know what's going on with the former though

We know our main target is Lovren, but unlike some, he's in no rush to leave, and we obviously don't want to push our luck.

Can see that one being left for after the WC, and I doubt it will be Lovren in the end.

We know our main target is Lovren, but unlike some, he's in no rush to leave, and we obviously don't want to push our luck.

Can see that one being left for after the WC, and I doubt it will be Lovren in the end.

Would prioritise Lovren over Lallana tbh. Can well see a situation where Southampton lose 3 of their main players and put a stop to the exits

edit: Sterling must secretly be hoping Ox is injured

King_Moc

Banned
Properly mad that Fabregas is moving at that price and even the team that are signing him apparently would rather have a couple of others.

Stock just totally gone.

It's the kind of thing that can break a man. I hope he is okay.

I'm sure he's crying into his big pile of cash money. At the end of the day, it was his decision to go to Barca.

Would prioritise Lovren over Lallana tbh. Can well see a situation where Southampton lose 3 of their main players and put a stop to the exits

edit: Sterling must secretly be hoping Ox is injured

Sterling going to miss the next friendly apparently so not even 45 minutes in the warm ups.

YES DANNY!

I'm sure he's crying into his big pile of cash money. At the end of the day, it was his decision to go to Barca.

I know but he even took a paycut to go there.

Obviously I'm joking about him being a broken man. But seriously - it must be very hard to take. A blow to his confidence/ego for sure.

Pique has to be seen as the greatest troll in football if that video becomes news, lol. He was blatantly taking the piss.

I don't really mind if Fabregas joins City or Man Utd. But not Chelsea, just not Chelsea.

It's gonna be sad/pitiful how many Gooners flip on Wenger when he joins Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom