• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Man City will be the biggest team in the world over my fucking dead body. You need a massive fanbase, and a few eras of self-funded European and domestic glory for that to occur.

Will it happen? Hard to say. Like you said, it may take a long time. Maybe it'll be in 20-30 years, who knows, but that's certainly the goal. Obviously the leadership feels like making City Football Group a global power is just one part of the approach. NYCFC is absolutely ingenious and is going to go a long way to making MCFC a more household name in America. On top of that, the academy had an incredible year and that's even prior to CFA being completed although it will be ready for next season.

“It has been an outstanding season right across the Academy,” said Allen.

“It all started with the under-12s who won their National Championship and were then selected by the Premier League to go and represent the UK in the Belgium Truce Tournament just before Christmas. They gave a fantastic account of themselves both on and off the pitch and really put us on the map for the season.

“That was quickly followed by the under-13s who got to the national final and unfortunately lost theirs on penalties.

“The u-14s won their title convincingly and the under-15s went to Bulgaria and won a tournament and the under-11s beat Ajax, Cardiff, Arsenal, Fulham and then Chelsea to claim another trophy - it’s been an absolutely fantastic year.”

The achievements of City’s stylish under-18s have been well-documented, as a young side displaying attacking vibrancy and tactical nous stormed to the Northern Division Premier League title.
Excellence at Club level has been matched by a record-breaking achievement at international level, when City became the first club to ever see seven boys capped at England under-16 level in a single season.

Cameron McCulloch, Joshua Murray, Elan Assiana, Sadou Diallo, Will Patching, Cameron Humphries and Lukas Nmecha created history by all featuring for England this term.

Humphries, who also represented England at under-17 level in the Nordic Tournament, was afforded the ultimate honour when he was selected to captain his country in a Victory Shield clash against Scotland.

There's definitely a lot to look forward to in many ways if you're a fan.

wedward

Man City will never be the biggest club in the world, whatever the means. It's not hard to say. It won't happen. And honestly, who gives a shit? City already spend more money than any other team in the world.

Changing the name of a club so it is more inline with the City brand is incredible.

They can't even fill their own stadium for fuck sake.

It's all about image for the Sheiks. That's all they care about.

Kroenke isn't buying an LA team. That has already been dispelled numerous times. Maybe he should change the Rapids to the Gunners so we can really exploit the brand.

Derp1na

Banned
It started with this:

ujo2qyN.gif

I'm pretty sure I won't be a football fan in 10 years, the way it's going.

It'll be a glorious day when the oil in Abu Dhabi runs dry.

Peco

Lol Italy. Lol England. Uruguay and Costa Rica to progress from the group.

Also, fuck Galliani. Fucking Menez? Really? Getting real hard to be enthusiastic about my team. Club needs to get fucking sold like, yesterday.

Yeah, I have no interest in following Milan next season, shit is too depressing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pirlo was very sloppy with his passing, but it looked like most of the team were playing at 50%. Nobody was really giving it their all except, Marchisio who made good runs into the box.
He was playing his heart out in the last two games for some reason :/ ffs Claudzilla, save it for Brazil!
Wouldn't look into friendlies too much, we tend to play down to our opponents.

Start off shit, peak in the tournament, innit.

SMEGHEAD! <3

Yeah pretty much, I'm not too worried. Even though we're winless since September :lol

dc89

Melbourne Heart are officially Melbourne City FC now. David Villa will go on loan there and play 10 games from the start of the season until their break in January.

New badge:

00090757-leadimage.jpg

They're not going to get to play in sky blue due to another team in the league using a similar color scheme already. Fans were not happy with the possibility of a color change as well.

vIB6ME6.jpg

Yeah, you really have to wonder when it's going to end.

It doesn't end. Nothing stops this train.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
3SIXTY LOOK AWAY
2014%2f6%2fLambertHeader.jpg

2014%2f6%2fLambert.jpg

Lambert is better suited to helping in build-up play rather than merely finishing the goalscoring chances. Nevertheless, that isn&#8217;t to say he can&#8217;t get on the end of these opportunities when needs must, as only Suarez (17) and Sturridge (14) netted more clear-chances than Lambert (11) last season.

Only Suarez (71), Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie (both 49) and Steven Gerrard (44) have registered more goals and assists than Lambert (43) in the last 2 Premier League seasons

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't normally go for those overpriced boots but I'm making an exception this time

adidas-battle-pack-world-cup.jpg

Bianconeri-esque <3

TeddyBoy

Why are united fans so concerned about getting Cesc? Don't they already have Mata who plays a similar role and position?

They'd want him to pay in midfield like in his Arsenal days and not on the wing like he currently does for Barcelona. Possibly partnering Strootman if LvG gets what he wants.

Welcome to FootyGAF!

Jack cw

HEY what do you want me to do? I can't keep wearing red and black boots OK

Try white!
But to be honest, the last great cleats that came out were in 2002...
I still have mine
441b309c0ed293b49bc71f3505ff3aea.jpg

Fuck you adidas with your insane design now...

But the best football boot ever is now available in white!
White-adidas-Copa-Img8.jpg

dc89

Michel Platini has told L'Equipe that "somebody, something" is out to discredit him.

"For a year now, everything is being done to discredit me."

"Something" is called the truth Michel.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Jong is leaving Milan?!
“I am 29 years old and have to make an important decision, to stay at Milan or move to another club,” said De Jong to ANP.

“The Rossoneri are a top club but I want to know what the club’s plans are for next season and what role I’ll play.”
-
Ted Mosby pls

i...what....WHY? Please elaborate :lol :lol

Try white!

these are simply too white. I'm sorry Giacomo.

"Something" is called the truth Michel.

you know nothing, Greyjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom