• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Jong is leaving Milan?!

Over my dead body. I'll chain myself to his car if I have to.

It's understandable though, and I think most of the players are having the same line of thought. Still, Nigel has been our best player last year, if he has to leave it better be for a €25m offer, at least.

Also, Yurt, you can wear red and black boots. You know it deep down, those two colors are your true colors. Or just go with lime green-black, they're good too.

Meh, I have walked out on interviews.

Although I am never out of a job when I have the interviews so completely different scenario as I don't 'need' it.

That's a pretty vital difference. This guy has been whining about really needing a job on GAF for some time now, then pulls this shit. If you already got a decent job do whatever you like.

I don't normally go for those overpriced boots but I'm making an exception this time

adidas-battle-pack-world-cup.jpg

Bianconeri-esque <3

Yurt please, that is horrific.

Yeah it would be alright.

More worrying is talks about Matias Silvestre being part of some swap deal, that gets Hernandez to Inter. Fuck that cunt.

Gorlak

Banned
Bendtner's contract is outrunning? He will no longer be an arsenal player? How is this happening? Can this be true?

Is this real life?

0.jpg

Bendtner's contract is outrunning? He will no longer be an arsenal player? How is this happening? Can this be true?

Is the real world?

0.jpg

Now he will go to Hull and score against you.
gzdtIVu.png

Or Copenhagen and beat you out in the CL qualification match, whatever happens he's destined to fuck you over

Expected more United players.

Legends back for Soccer Aid

A host of familiar faces from the world of football and entertainment, including some United legends, will take to the Old Trafford pitch next month, all in the name of charity.
Fans attending the biennial Soccer Aid game on Sunday 8 June, in aid of UNICEF, will see an England side, featuring Treble-winner Teddy Sheringham and United season-ticket holder Olly Murs, take on Jose Mourinho's Rest of the World team, who have ex-Reds Jaap Stam and Edwin van der Sar in their squad.

Current Soccer Aid champions England, led by singer and Soccer Aid co-creator Robbie Williams, are aiming to retain the trophy against Mourinho's men, who boast Alessandro Del Piero and Andriy Shevchenko among their number.

For music, TV and film buffs, fans can see True Blood actor Stephen Moyer, Dr Who star Matt Smith and Avatar's Sam Worthington in action, while comedians Paddy McGuinness, Jack Whitehall and John Bishop are also taking part. Robbie Williams has enlisted fellow Take That star Mark Owen, while Westlife's Nicky Byrne and chef Gordon Ramsay turn out for the Rest of the World.

We spoke to a number of the personalities to get their views on the big game:

"Old Trafford is a fantastic ground with such history and success and so many great memories for myself. I'm very determined. I've not won this trophy so I'm hoping it'll be third time lucky."
Jaap Stam (Rest of the World)

"Jamie Redknapp in midfield is one to watch for England and Teddy [Sheringham] is still pretty fit. I'm sure Robbie will be eager to get a goal - we might put Jaap on him!"
Edwin van der Sar (Rest of the World)

"It doesn't get any better as a United fan than pulling on a pair of gloves and boots and playing in front of the Stretford End. But I'll still be just as nervous as I was when I stepped out there for the first time in 2006 and stood on Maradona's boots!"
Patrick Kielty, United fan and comedian (Rest of the World)

"Nothing can really prepare you for walking out onto your team's pitch and seeing nearly 80,000 people watching you. The adrenaline will be pumping but it's exciting, and I can't wait for that feeling again."
Olly Murs, United fan and singer (England)

"As one of England's goalkeepers and having seen off so many of the greats already like Zidane, Maradona, Romario, Zola and Figo, there is no-one out there I fear. Bring it on!"
Jamie Theakston, radio presenter (England)

"The approach as always is to win. We are there for charity but we are all competitive and I'll be disappointed if we don't finish the night lifting the trophy."
Jamie Carragher (England)

Gorlak

Banned
Now he will go to Hull and score against you.
gzdtIVu.png

Or Copenhagen and beat you out in the CL qualification match, whatever happens he's destined to fuck you over

He's a legend! The hero we deserve, but do not need right now... I am crying. DON'T LEAVE NICKLAS!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Going after a Bayern player is so incredibly naive.

They don't sell players, unless he's unwanted by the manager/on their terms.

Same for Juve. So if we sell Pogba or Vidal, it's because Conte considers one of them dispensable.

Jack cw

Going after a Bayern player is so incredibly naive.

They don't sell players, unless he's unwanted by the manager/on their terms.

Same for Juve. So if we sell Pogba or Vidal, it's because Conte considers one of them dispensable.

So true. EPL supporters should think about it. Same with Real and barca. Their key players wont move unless they fall from grace.

Woodward?

Even he probably didn't.

If Van Gaal tells him he wants Muller what is he meant to do? He made his enquiry, they said no - just like everyone knew they would.

Woodward will do plenty of stupid things this summer, don't worry about that.

Talksport are reporting that Chelsea have signed Fabregas

BpW9w0KCEAAU_5u.jpg

I can't believe he wouldn't get a decent enough offer from Arsenal that would convince him to go back instead but Talksport have a pretty decent track record with news like this.
Since when?

GorillaJu

Nice... Emre Can is a good transfer. The type of player we need desperately to bolster our midfield. I would have preferred Paulinho, but uhhh yeah :lol

subtles

It feels good having signings wrapped up this early. If we can secure Moreno's signature before the WC, Ayre would have justified getting the promotion only a week into it.

Walshy

Nice... Emre Can is a good transfer. The type of player we need desperately to bolster our midfield. I would have preferred Paulinho, but uhhh yeah :lol
When we ever linked with Paulinho odd? Can't remember if we was.

I just hope Can isn't another Luis Alberto.
Alberto was decent when given the chance, however he didn't get hardly any gametime past Christmas.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Even he probably didn't.

If Van Gaal tells him he wants Muller what is he meant to do? He made his enquiry, they said no - just like everyone knew they would.

Woodward will do plenty of stupid things this summer, don't worry about that.

Since when?
You're in a really bad mood today :lol

Woodward should go after one of PSGs mids now that they're deep in the red :pp

50 for Luiz and 8 for Abate....why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom