• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPEb5pcfKpEBR.gif

omgkitty

It is why I dont want Pogba to come to Arsenal. I don't want a player who is perfectly healthy to have his career destroyed by our medical staff

Well supposedly we're fixing that problem. Plus, I'm convinced they rebuilt Ramsey like the six billion dollar man after he got hurt which is why he's banging in all those goals now.

Meier

Channeling their inner Velvet Underground, honoring New York rock. They do it right.
Not much of a fan of the new album at all. First one is pretty good although Stoned and Starving is clearly the standout song by FAR.

I bet Nasri wished his girlfriend didn't have a twitter account now.

Honestly, I'm sure he's annoyed by it to an extent but he probably just finds it funny. Nasri was France's best attacking midfielder by leaps and bounds in 2014 due to Ribery's persistent injury issues. It's more their loss than his.

Good day today.

Sunny, turns out my mum hasn't got cancer, and got offered a job offer for permanent paralegal position!!

Fantastic!

LTWheels

Cheers everyone. She had a lump and they couldn't tell if it was cancerous or not. Been waiting for results since the thyroid op.

Woooo u in London bb?

(Great news on your mum man :D)

It's at a law firm around Ealing. Mainly doing fast track litigation work. Put from the sound of it, a lot of room to progress.

It's a bit of a step down in money from temp at big city forms, but I'm sick of being unemployed between temp contracts.

Cheers everyone. She had a lump and they couldn't tell if it was cancerous or not. Been waiting for results since the thyroid op.

It's at a law firm around Ealing. Mainly doing fast track litigation work. Put from the sound of it, a lot of room to progress.

It's a bit of a step down in money from temp at big city forms, but I'm sick of being unemployed between temp contracts.

Good man. Yeah you'll learn a lot doing litigation. It's frazzling at times but you grow due to it. You'll become good at efficiently solving problems that most non-litigation people would sob at.

A squad of players that could go to the world cup but got "blocked":

Made by a brazilian site, as you couldve guessed by the number of brazilian players.
Decent squad. Better than half the teams playing in the wc.

'Blocked' my arse. 6 of them haven't been good enough, and one has retired from international duty

confuziz

Banned
u wot m8

LVG wants him we put in a cheeky bid, maybe we come back in a year and take him.

He only wants him and the rest of the dutch players because they are dutch, not because they are good enough for united. Remember Braafheid @ Bayern?

I think Linius and Bacon know what I'm talking about.

Razor554

Athletic just raised Laporte's buyout from 36 to 42 million.

With taxes it would be close to 50 million if Barca would buyout him now. Zubi's conquest to buy that new world class cb is just too hilarious already.

Linius

Not much of a fan of the new album at all. First one is pretty good although Stoned and Starving is clearly the standout song by FAR.

I can't believe how much of a step forward (leap rather) the new album is. Growing up sounds a bit cliche, but that's what's going on. I loved their straightforward more punky kind of record but now they're really digging into New York territory, and that's great news.

Btw, how come you were surprised they're Americans? :p

Meier

I can't believe how much of a step forward (leap rather) the new album is. Growing up sounds a bit cliche, but that's what's going on. I loved their straightforward more punky kind of record but now they're really digging into New York territory, and that's great news.

Btw, how come you were surprised they're Americans? :p

In general, most of that post-punk genre comes from UK bands so I just assumed they were British initially. I am a bit LTTP on them and only found em earlier this year so I guess I missed their indie buzz last year. Velvet Underground, New York Dolls, etc. do absolutely nothing for me so I'm just kind of bored by their new album. Nothing stood out to me on the first listen.

Linius

In general, most of that post-punk genre comes from UK bands so I just assumed they were British initially. I am a bit LTTP on them and only found em earlier this year so I guess I missed their indie buzz last year. Velvet Underground, New York Dolls, etc. do absolutely nothing for me so I'm just kind of bored by their new album. Nothing stood out to me on the first listen.

They still have got some fast songs with the title track as the standout. But yeah, if you don't like VU I can imagine you're not a big fan of the direction they're heading. What do you think of The Modern Lovers (self titled album), Wire and Television (Marquee Moon)?

omgkitty

They still have got some fast songs with the title track as the standout. But yeah, if you don't like VU I can imagine you're not a big fan of the direction they're heading. What do you think of The Modern Lovers (self titled album), Wire and Television (Marquee Moon)?

All of those bands are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom