• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Korea are worse than Algeria.

Sure but I've waited for 12 years for us to come back to the WC. And now it's basically ruined before it starts.

The annoying thing about Korea is that they are fit. Japan are another fit team and they totally destroyed Italy at last years confed cup. However, experienced and quality prevailed in that game.

Damn, that's shit. I have you first in the group phase ahead of belgium in our local fantasy league though!
The only hope for Russia now is

1) Capello decides to give Dzagoev a chance to play, and
2) Dzagoev doesn't play like shit.

Neither is particularly likely though.

Herr K

Banned
I shouldn't leave the warmth of this thread ever again. Off-Topic is full of traps designed to ban sweet people like me.

wedward

Let's just sign Cavani and Reus. Let Bellerin play RB and Martinez as backup goalkeeper. Our defense will be weaker but we should outscore all of our opponents.

I am fully on the Cavani hype train.

He wants out. He wants England. He probably wants CL. PSG want 55 mil.

Lots of rumblings on twitter that there will be a "mega" signing this summer.

Turn down Cesc because that money is headed for Cavani.

Wenger you beautiful bastard.

I am fully on the Cavani hype train.

He wants out. He wants England. He probably wants CL. PSG want 55 mil.

Lots of rumblings on twitter that there will be a "mega" signing this summer.

Turn down Cesc because that money is headed for Cavani.

Wenger you beautiful bastard.

Mega signing will turn out to be Diaby.

OMG three more years of Wenger, I don't think I can take it.

Cavani will go to Real Madrid, when Liverpool once again holds Luis Suarez hostage, yet again proving that footballers are modern day slaves. Madrid will still need a striker however and go for Cavani instead.

Cavani will go to Real Madrid, when Liverpool once again holds Luis Suarez hostage, yet again proving that footballers are modern day slaves. Madrid will still need a striker however and go for Cavani instead.

Cavani ain't going anywhere. He knew exactly what he was getting himself into when he went to PSG and he wont leave now. One more year of Zlatan and then he will be top dog.

The tab said "Arsenal sign Greek young" and i closed the page before it loaded because I knew it would bring me pain.

wedward

Where'd this shit about cavani to arse arise from?

Wenger lowballed Napoli and bid 30m the January before he left.

Wenger obviously wants him. Rumors that Cavani is unhappy and PSG are willing to sell. We need a striker and turned down Cesc because the money is going somewhere else.

I could see Wenger spend 55 for Cavani.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Damn you Barca taking all the Croatian players. First Halilovic and now Rakitic.

That's what we used to do :(

Meier

MEN says we're being linked with Cerci. Huh. Well, I did buy him for one of my SoccerManager teams earlier this year. I have Florenzi, Griezmann, Cerci and Jackson Martinez as my front 4.

Yen

Cavani to Liverpool for £55m.
Suarez to Real for £90m.
Do it, CEO Ayre (that's if Suarez starts last years shenanigans again)

(I don't really want this)

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 1m

El Mundo are reporting that Guardiola was barred from attending Vilanova's funeral by Tito's wife.

Guardiola apparently had flown to Barcelona and got the call at the airport. Speculation that it was because Tito's wife felt Guardiola hadn't visited him properly whilst he was receiving cancer treatment in NYC. Very sad story if true.

Eesh.

Abraxas

Wenger lowballed Napoli and bid 30m the January before he left.

Wenger obviously wants him. Rumors that Cavani is unhappy and PSG are willing to sell. We need a striker and turned down Cesc because the money is going somewhere else.

I could see Wenger spend 55 for Cavani.

I want to believe, but it seems unlikely. Wenger clearly believes exclusively in his "valuation" of a player. If the rumour of a previous 30 million bid is true, then wenger values him at 30 million and not 55.

Turok_TTZ

I am not a fan of Kroos. His defensive effort in transition phases just as bad as Alonso. Thank god kroos just using madrid as an angle to get a bigger paycheck @ bayern.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I want a Scudetto ring too. Pls sell a customized one on our store -_-

tumblr_n6qdt5A3DE1sj544to1_1280.jpg

arkon

<3 Love Adachi, probably my second favorite mangaka after Naoki Urasawa. Haven't read much manga in the last number of years sadly but my library does have all of Yakitate Japan which I've been going through over the past year. I'm a little surprised you guys are fans since he so often focuses on baseball.

First Zabo and now you too! Never had you pegged as a manga guy. The more I get to know you the more I fall in love.

He kind of got me interested in the sport or at least familiarizing myself more with the rules as I was reading Touch. I don't follow it at all though. Plus the things that happen away from the sports are more than enjoyable enough for me to make it worth reading. That kind of stuff falls squarely into some of my favourite manga genres.

I kinda miss being a single dude in college and just having all the time in the world to read manga and watch anime.

Yeah. The slacker lifestyle at Uni is probably what I miss most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom