• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've bid for a Barcelona player who is of really top quality. A Champions League, World Cup and Euros winner.
Pedro not Fabregas

Based Wenger.

Putting my own opinions on this potential move aside, I don't buy the notion that Wenger is some softy who'll spend £30m on a player who would be the ultimate, emotionally-driven luxury signing. He's alot more pragmatic than people think.

---- Ramsey -- Schneiderlin ---

Wilshere ------ Ozil ------- Pedro

Arteta, Diaby, Ox, Walcott, Cazorla, Rosicky, (maybe Podolski too)

Give me that over any system with Fabregas at DM/left-wing/false-9. I love Cesc as much as most, but I'd love a balanced Arsenal team far, far more.

Original Ronaldo donated his shirt to some of the supporters.

iOJ4Q6UkIsLZE.gif

I don't rate Boateng as a RB, but Germany look so good/fun on paper.

Reus/Kroos/Schurrle/Muller

Yum....

And then you see them actually play.

jtb

Banned
Based Wenger.

you don't get to claim Fabregas is a luxury, emotionally driven signing and then stick Wilshere on the wing for a season

Jack and Rambo don't work. I think we should sell Flamini and sign Casemiro and Mascherano. If we did this we would never get bullied by the likes Man Utd and Chelsea.

Flamini was signed as a backup. that's what he should be—a backup. no need to sell him, just bring in a really quality physical midfielder

FootballFan

Willian can be a bit frustrating at times, but jesus christ, when he's in a counter attack.... So good.

I remember watching him playing once for Anzhi Malszcakacn and he was legitimately incredible. Just constantly skipping past players.

He was lucky Loskov wasn't playing, would have broken him in half.

Barzul

serious question: has Geoff ever been right about anything?

also Sanchez > Pedro

Called Monreal before it happened, and that one came out of nowhere. Hinted the Ozil move before it happened. Also called Giroud's signing too if I iirc.

omgkitty

I guess i am. And it's definitely better than playing Gnabry or Cazorla on the left. Add a ST, DM and RB and we're in business. We're being linked to Danilo from Porto for the RB spot.

Where do you guys keep finding these links? Not sure what kind of people you follow on Twitter. I only follow sensible Arsenal fans like Arseblog and Gunnerblog.Also Arse2Mouse just because I like a little pessimism in my feed.

Or set him back a year idk.

Him playing on the wing taught Ramsey to dribble out of danger and control the ball better. Wenger said he put him out there on purpose.

dc89

I think Reus has potentially done his ligaments there. His toes got stuck in the turf and his ankle twisted and he went right over and twisted his ankle.

Had to be helped off the pitch.

FootballFan

Gooners, bad news, Pedro likes to..likes to disappear. Ghostzil+Pedro.

I think he could be sold for a good price, great player when he wants to be, just quite inconsistent.

Pedro is so good with both feet, much ambidextrous. FIFA games still get it wrong. One game is he left footed, next he is right.

-------Cavani
Pedro--Ozil--Theo

would be really really good though imo.

jtb

Banned
Called Monreal before it happened, and that one came out of nowhere. Hinted the Ozil move before it happened. Also called Giroud's signing too if I iirc.

monreal is a good call

don't really remember many links with Ozil before the Tottenham game; seemed like all those links came at once

It worked for Ramsey.

he played on the wing because he couldn't get into the first choice midfield pairing. if Wilshere plays on the wing for a season, it's because he's not good enough to play in the middle of the park. and considering he's even worse on the wing than he is in the middle, I guess Wenger's master plan is to piss away another season.

Barzul

Where do you guys keep finding these links? Not sure what kind of people you follow on Twitter. I only follow sensible Arsenal fans like Arseblog and Gunnerblog.Also Arse2Mouse just because I like a little pessimism in my feed.

SamuelJayC the best Arsenal news aggregator. I look at his page every morning.

serious question: has Geoff ever been right about anything?

also Sanchez > Pedro

The source is RAC 1, Catalan Radio. Can't comment on Geoff though, lol.

And yeah, Sanchez is a better player than Pedro. I've been on the fence about them for a while, but came to the conclusion that the right pick depends on the striker. If we're going for someone limited like Remy, then you want Alexis who can be a focal point and take over games on his own.

If we're going for someone with abit more to his game (including Giroud here, since he's really creative in fairness to him), then you want Pedro. He would also link up far better with Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, and Wilshere, being a quicker thinker and passer than Alexis, and also being more willing to go beyond, which is what we need. He's not as good a dribbler, but is underrated in this regard imo.

Their stats are about the same, and they press like utter madmen which is something we desperately need. Can't really go wrong with either tbh.

you don't get to claim Fabregas is a luxury, emotionally driven signing and then stick Wilshere on the wing for a season

Wilshere always performs well cutting in off the right hand side. The left...not so much, but he can play there. It's all about his form more than anything, but he's a versatile kid who always wants to make things happen when he gets the ball at his feet.

It doesn't need to be Wilshere on the right though. We have plenty of options.

wedward

monreal is a good call

don't really remember many links with Ozil before the Tottenham game; seemed like all those links came at once

he played on the wing because he couldn't get into the first choice midfield pairing. if Wilshere plays on the wing for a season, it's because he's not good enough to play in the middle of the park. and considering he's even worse on the wing than he is in the middle, I guess Wenger's master plan is to piss away another season.

It is obvious he has a contact. Whether his contact is Gazidis or the janitor is unknown.

Salvadora

January 2013. Geoff said Arsenal bid 30m for a striker. He revealed it was Cavani when he moved to PSG.

Geoff also said we singed a Spanish international (Cazorla) before anyone.

Think he was spot on about that.

Remember the subtle hints from Arsene at the time.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pedro is brilliant.

On another note, Willian had a really good first season in England.

He was OK. Like most Brazilians he will be better in his second season.

Can't say I care that we missed out on him, seeing as Eriksen was our replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom