• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Terrible mistake, Costa is 40 and will get injured more and more. Lukaku will be the next Sturridge, will be scoring 20 goals a season barring any major injuries. Very odd too, he is at Drogba's level when Drogba was like 26. Looks a Jose player all day long, but guess he didn't track back enough or play well at CB.
I feel the anger!

Oh wait, not allowed to talk about Chelsea. :D

Hope he ends up at Everton, could really help establish that club as a contender but probably doesn't want to wait 3-4 years... which was the mistake he made going to Chelsea.

Anyone else here dislike Seth Rogen?

Guy is basically the same character in every movie.

Definitely gone downhill for me, bit up his own arse now, once he has a series of flops (in progress?) he will be more humble and be back to his best.

You could throw the second accusation at Bill Murray too, but I'd have to cut you.

The Sun are saying Madrid are gonna bid £25m for Ramires.

If that happens I'm gonna quit the world.

In a see of retards, this bid would be that one retard in the corner everyone is afraid to approach, because he's holding a sharpened ladle and keeps referring to himself in the 3rd person.

Tim Pearson ‏@TimPearsonMedia 31m

Kevin Strootman: "van Gaal is the best manager I've worked with. I don't discuss rumours but I'd always respect his offers". #MUFC #ManUtd

Oh baby.

SUBMIT TO GAHL

Yes it's bullshit

Zabojnik

You know what, I'd agree that Superbad is a modern comedy classic.

One of my favourite movies ever.

I'll have to watch it again one of these days. I don't remember laughing a single time. Then again, I find all american comedies in the same vein thoroughly unfunny. Maybe if I would've watched them as a teenager, maybe.

Salvadora

I'll have to watch it again one of these days. I don't remember laughing a single time. Then again, I find all american comedies in the same vein thoroughly unfunny. Maybe if I would've watched them as a teenager, maybe.

I think these sort of things come down to how much you appreciate a good dick joke.

Marc

So apparently Man Utd have bid £45.7m for Vidal...

Yeah, heard the same thing. Apparently Wooders is very proud to have finally got Javan Vidal to sign, taken a few months of ball busting and back and forth but he got his man.

He'll fit right in at Manchester too.

you got CBC in English and Radio-Canada in French

CBC did a great job streaming the Winter Olympics, I have good faith in them for the WC

Cool, yeah I've been enjoying watching the NHL playoffs on the CBC stream for the past month... It's been flawless, minus the ads, but those are understandable, obviously.

hope the WC stream will be available without any hitches as well!

Randdalf

Probably been posted already, but the Guardian have an excellent article about Belgium's youth system. What stuck out for me was that "one of the findings in the university research was that there was far too much emphasis on winning and not enough on development". I honestly don't know much about the state of England's youth system right now (other than that it seems to stall once the player becomes 18, unless that player is a gem), but I definitely feel as though there is a "winning" culture that permeates English football.

K1LLER7

Van Gaal on Arturo Vidal: "I always wanted to buy Vidal when he was at Bayer Leverkusen, but he went to Juventus." #WorldCup2014 #MUFC

Van Gaal on Arturo Vidal: "I always wanted to buy Vidal when he was at Bayer Leverkusen, but he went to Juventus." #WorldCup2014 #MUFC

That's not actually made up.

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3956/transfer-zone/2014/06/07/4865970/van-gaal-ive-tried-to-sign-arturo-vidal-before

"Chile have very dangerous players,” he told reporters. "I always wanted to buy Vidal when he was at Bayer Leverkusen but he went to Juventus.

"I like a lot of Chile players and they always play an attacking style. It will be difficult for the Netherlands but we have confidence in the three games we have to play.”

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Genuinely intrigued to see who we actually make bids for, so far everything is just in the air, be nice to see where LvG is putting his focus instead of all the headlines reading "Moyes had the deal done, LvG isnt interested".

omgkitty

samuelJayC: BILD say Reus has torn a ligament in his ankle & will therefore miss the World Cup. Not confirmed. http://t.co/1OUQvLtlxH

Dr.-Who.gif

Pathetic English journalism again, google translate will give you a more accurate translation, it's Hazard transfer story all over again with them doing whatever pleases them to get a story. Read the quotes from Belgian papers

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/d...i-auquel-il-laisse-sa-place-samedi?id=8286304

http://www.dhnet.be/dernieres-depec...isse-sa-place-samedi-5391c8c73570d60b4dc14687

"With Chelsea I saw a lot of good strikers come and go the last years, so we'll see what the future brings. I know a lot of clubs are interested in me, but first I want to play a good WC. If we do well there, everyone wins."

Also this is 3 days ago

"'You know, I still have a two-year contract at the biggest club in England, because that's Chelsea. So I still hope to play there. Chelsea have a good coach.'

http://www.*****************/sport/...s-wants-stay-Chelsea-despite-uncertainty.html

You think he changed his mind that much in 3 days?

omgkitty

No Reus means more Podolski.

Interesting to see how he will perform for Germany at the World Cup.

Which also means less chance of him leaving Dortmund this summer, which is good if we're not interested because maybe we'll be interested next summer. Definitely think this hurts Germany though, which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom