• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Ozil doesn't have the defensive effort that isco displayed. Carlo was wise to let Ozil go.
Isco though may not have Ozil's attacking prowess, makes up with his overall play. I really enjoyed seeing him tracking back and displaying defensive intensity which was needed. our midfield needs workers and Ozil is not a worker from the 3 years I've seen him in madrid.

also if anyone asks me about who is MOTM for CL triumph, Di maria hands down. A true fighter with intensity that shows true madrid spirit. To think he was an idiot last season. He is best in midfield as a b2b monster and by god he is a monster.

Tubie

Based on the fact he's been a consistently very good player for Madrid, far superior to Isco, and Isco should never have been purchased and if he hadn't Ozil would be having the CL instead.

Of course this would have also meant that Arsenal end the season trophyless but Ozil did deserve a CL. My only regret since we ain't winning the CL any time soon, if ever, so he'll need to leave to win it.

No, No, No, and a thousand times No.

Ozil would be good for a few league games, but then when we needed him he would disappear. Isco is not amazing, or worth the money we paid for him (yet) but he at least is very consistent on what he can do match in and out.

Rikkun

Ozil doesn't have the defensive effort that isco displayed. Carlo was wise to let Ozil go.
Isco though may not have Ozil's attacking prowess, makes up with his overall play. I really enjoyed seeing him tracking back and displaying defensive intensity which was needed. our midfield needs workers and Ozil is not a worker from the 3 years I've seen him in madrid.

also if anyone asks me about who is MOTM for CL triumph, Di maria hands down. A true fighter with intensity that shows true madrid spirit. To think he was an idiot last season. He is best in midfield as a b2b monster and by god he is a monster.

Absolutely.

And then Marcelo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1000x71516.jpg

melting-monkey-big.jpg

tumblr_mrmraff5wp1qevds0o1_400.gif

GQman2121

Banned
Too much booze this afternoon, and now I'm awake at three in the morning with no football to look forward to for the foreseeable future. Need more transfer muppetry to keep me going...

FootballFan

It seems he requested the ban.

Hopefully not a perma-ban.

Though in some cases even that means coming back a few days later.

See-you soon Farid-chan.

iWibmpIegepO5.gif

(change the "I won" to "see you soon")

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
there's still the
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a5/Fifa_world_cup_org.png/347px-Fifa_world_cup_org.png[IMG],
Yurt.

Don't jinx it.[/QUOTE]
Did Brazil pay 120 million to buy him though?

NOPE

[Img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bob3woKIIAEEGXP.jpg:large

Injustica that we can't see him and Arturo Ramsey

fuenf

I don't wanna see another world cup with löw fucking up. i would like to enjoy it for once :(

I've the feeling we'll take it this time. The Weidenfeller - Großkreutz -Reus - Götze combo will be unstoppable and jersey-shore us to the title. T-SHIRT TIME!

FootballFan

yo, no doubt about that

haha, that could actually work. too bad bender got injured.

I think this is a good opportunity for the above-average national teams to win it. The Uruguay/Italy/Belgium(lol)/Portugal/Argentina etc.

The giants/favourites(Spain, Germany, Brazil) really aren't that good and imo can be beat by any of those teams.

#PrayIt'sNotBelgium

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
haha, that could actually work. too bad bender got injured.

oh don't worry, Khedira is going to the WC now loooooooooooool

I know you guys hate Ozil but he was immense in 2010, I was actually rooting for Germany at one point. My dad was THIS close to stabbing me in the face. I couldn't resist the Mesut. <3

I just want us to qualify from our group this time, is it too much to ask?

fuenf

I think this is a good opportunity for the above-average national teams to win it. The Uruguay/Italy/Belgium(lol)/Portugal/Argentina etc.

The giants/favourites(Spain, Germany, Brazil) really aren't that good and imo can be beat by any of those teams.

#PrayIt'sNotBelgium

Are you shitting me? Italy is one of the favorites, if not the favorite. They are Germany's kryptonite, the 11 Machos of the Apocalypse. Only they can outswag us.

And Portugal? CR7 is the ultimate bro. Celebrating a meaningless 119th minute penalty goal like he just had kicked out Germany out of the Euros. In this form, he's always a threat to the title.

FootballFan

Are you shitting me? Italy is one of the favorites, if not the favorite. They are Germany's kryptonite, the 11 Machos of the Apocalypse. Only they can outswag us.

And Portugal? CR7 is the ultimate bro. Celebrating a meaningless 119th minute penalty goal like he just had kicked out Germany out of the Euros. In this form, he's always a threat to the title.

Not shitting you m8.

edit
I'm just going with the betting odds btw.

Brazil then Spain then Germany, when looking at favourites.

Blablurn

I know you guys hate Ozil but he was immense in 2010, I was actually rooting for Germany at one point. My dad was THIS close to stabbing me in the face. I couldn't resist the Mesut. <3

Whats the deal with you rooting for Manchester United or Madrid from time to time o_O

fuenf

I'm just going with the betting odds btw

Brazil then Spain then Germany, when looking at favourites.

ah i See. Dunno I'd say Spain & Germany are the favorites with Brazil, Italy, England, Portugal, Uruguay, Belgium being in the second tier.

Spain only needs to unleash Javi on defense and everything will be fine. With Germany it's just the usual "oh shit we are crap.... wait a minute we are already in the semis... FUCK we could do it this time"-schtick.

Congratulations Atleti-Gaf, you guys played a fantastic season.

What a game, WHAT A GAME.

I was nerve wrecked throughout but when Ramos scored I was over the moon. My neighbours from across the building were asking me if I was okay for how loud I was celebrating that goal :) What a game.

Di Maria and Modric.. Couldnt have done it without these two. So crucial, especially Di Maria tonight. These two players are our most improved players. I hope to see them grow further more into their roles next year. Bale is incredible, he really delivered in the big games this season, first with the CDR final and now the CL final. Carvejal was irreplaceable, what a player!

Carlo putting on Marota, Isco and Marcello was so clinical. Marcello had so much to prove from his earlier games where he didnt perform as well. Good to see him stepping up.

We did it Madrid-GAF. We fucking did it, the decima obsession is over. I'm incredibly happy this group of Madrid players got to lift the CL trophy, they deserved it so much.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Whats the deal with you rooting for Manchester United or Madrid from time to time o_O
I support Manchester United and Ronaldo was our former player.

Italy stands no chance. Maybe if G.Rossi and Cassano were both physically (and mentally when it comes to the later) 100%, but they aren't.

that was the best strike partnership IMO. Immobile, Destro and Balo are all simply gambles.

pulga

Banned
1400972416_extras_albumes_0.jpg

How brilliant was bringing in Isco and Marcelo at the same time? Completely changed the flow of the game.

and holy fuck I just remembered dat Isco ball control. Need to find a gif. In time, Isco will become a Bernabeu legend.

Lightning

Banned

The Ozil hate only really happened this season since he now plays for Arsenal.

Don't recall Ozil getting anywhere near the hate levels previously. He got hate from milch and a few Bayern fans all the time but not so widespread before.

Don't care though. Mesut comes, we win a trophy.

dc89

FOR YOU DC

BleakMammothHarpyeagle.gif

SI SI SI ISCO ESTA AQUI!

I don't know where I said it, which thread or if it was on What's App. But I said that was remarkable control and I don't think anyone agreed.

They're not like us Pluga, we are two kindred spirits.

Kosma

Banned
Ronaldo is such a twat, taking of his shirt at 4-1 loooool. This is why he will never be as good as Messi.

Such a shame Franco Madrid had to win

pulga

Banned
Ronaldo is such a twat, taking of his shirt at 4-1 loooool. This is why he will never be as good as Messi.

Such a shame Franco Madrid had to win

dumb posts like this tickle my fanny to no end

it genuinely pleases me to see dumb stuff like this posted, makes me feel much better about the brain inside my head lololol

Cappa

Banned

I'm sorry but did you just say Isco's defensive prowess? They are both terrible defenders..... Isco changed the game completely along with Marcelo when they came in but it wasn't because of his defensive efforts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom