• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

He actually has had consistent back problems but it's not something that will stop him playing regularly. It just has to be managed.

I see Vertonghen is saying he is 'super happy' at Spurs and not looking to move. Or maybe his diabolical season put other clubs off. Either way he needs to buck his ideas up.
We should Caulker back and send Dawson to the retirement home.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
could you imagine a team with Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, Suarez all in it, even amazing to watch or amazing fall out

--------------------Suarez-------------
Ronaldo--------Messi----------Bale
-------------Arturo Vidal----Cleverley Arturo Ramsey--------
Marcelo----Ramos (C)---Barzagli---Stephan ALLAHU AKBAR Lichtsteiner
-------------Diego Lopez---------

Not only is this the best team EVER, it's also the swaggest*.

*assuming we hide Messi behind Ronaldo's calves in photoshoots

Congratz RealGAF, Ancelotti still hasn't lost his touch. I'm really, really happy for him.

Carletto <3

Also, lol @ Jorge Jesus to Milan. Let's just bring Nereo Rocco out of his coffin and call it a day.

Linius

so not only do you need to be in the same country, you need to be in the same city? I don't know what's worse... people that are truly "glory hunters" or people like you who call everyone who supports a big club a "glory hunter" simply out of spite.

Yes, I'm not from Madrid area. Yes, I've been to plenty of Real Madrid games both in my area and at the Bernabeu. If I could be a socio(ridiculous waiting list) I would be by now. The ridiculous statement that you need to be from the same city as the club you support is absolutely mind boggling to me.

I don't think that's what he's trying to say. He just points out that some dude from the other side of planet (our dearest Plug) happened to pick the club with the biggest trophy cabinet and the most money to support. Sure he's been supporting them for years and you can call him a fun but he once picked them because they're a big club. Which goes for most people not from Europe btw. What American or Australian guy going into football would choose to support 'insert random club that doesn't win much' after all.

pulga

Banned
I don't think that's what he's trying to say. He just points out that some dude from the other side of planet (our dearest Plug) happened to pick the club with the biggest trophy cabinet and the most money to support. Sure he's been supporting them for years and you can call him a fun but he once picked them because they're a big club. Which goes for most people not from Europe btw. What American or Australian guy going into football would choose to support 'insert random club that doesn't win much' after all.

you guys actually think i knew about the money and the trophies when I was fucking 8-10 years old and started supporting Real? Like I've said a thousand times, my uncle showed up with two shirts one day and set me on my way. I didn't sit down with a spreadsheet ala Hitcher to choose a team.

Wilbur

Banned
you guys actually think i knew about the money and the trophies when I was fucking 8-10 years old and started supporting Real? Like I've said a thousand times, my uncle showed up with two shirts one day and set me on my way. I didn't sit down with a spreadsheet ala Hitcher and choose a team.

:lol, innit.

I dunno. You support who you support. It just happens. I don't think many football fans make thought out decisions to start supporting a football team, because it's such an irrational feeling you have that you can't control it.

The fact that you can feel such joy and love for a club anywhere made up of a bunch of strangers making 100k a week and all of them are cunts... you can't really explain it. So why try and add any rational thinking into who you support? It just happens.

Scum

you guys actually think i knew about the money and the trophies when I was fucking 8-10 years old and started supporting Real? Like I've said a thousand times, my uncle showed up with two shirts one day and set me on my way. I didn't sit down with a spreadsheet ala Hitcher to choose a team.
Glory hunter. For all I know they were Leeds Utd shirts.

Looking back, I think Bale had plenty of crucial moments where he delivered. I think he especially did well during that stupid ban spell on Ronaldo.

bale-freekick.gif

gareth-bale-goal-against-schalke-b.gif

IcyAgonizingIvorybilledwoodpecker.gif

u glory hunting cunt u

Blablurn

When I became Bayern fan i didnt know they are the biggest club in germany and Dortmund just won the title 2 times in a row. Of course the outcome turned out rather good.

Linius

I'm just justifying why people not from Europe always support the biggest clubs we have here. Big clubs get more attention world wide and are there by most likely the first clubs people get to know. When we were hot in the nineties that attracted a shitton of international fans as well. That's just how these things work. So I'm not calling those people glory hunters right out.

Glory hunters are just the people who basically change club every few years because 'their' club isn't winning shit. Even people from let's say Swansea who decide to support Man. United instead of Swansea aren't really gloryhunters imo. It's not like you're forced to support your local team, as long as you pick one team and stick with it for the rest of your life.

Hope this post explains it better.

I'm a Malaysian, and I chose to follow Manchester United because when I was 8 my parents brought me to see the Old Trafford stadium and I thought it was sweet, they had a devil in their logo and I became a fan right there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
:lol, innit.

I dunno. You support who you support. It just happens. I don't think many football fans make thought out decisions to start supporting a football team, because it's such an irrational feeling you have that you can't control it.

The fact that you can feel such joy and love for a club anywhere made up of a bunch of strangers making 100k a week and all of them are cunts... you can't really explain it. So why try and add any rational thinking into who you support? It just happens.

I don't know about you, but 6 y/o me was all about stability.

Blablurn

What I don't like is when small team fans say its boring to support a big team because they always win. Yeah. After experiencing losses like 99 and 2012 I'm not sure if I can agree with that.

Linius

What I don't like is when small team fans say its boring to support a big team because they always win. Yeah. After experiencing losses like 99 and 2012 I'm not sure if I can agree with that.

No club always wins. People who know football also know periods of glory come and go. I happen to support the biggest club in my country but yet I had to sit trough seven years of not winning titles. Basically all my time at high school which sucked with a PSV fan in my class.

Linius

I switched to Juve because Inter stopped winning

but my team in Europe is AC Milan ^.^

There are people who are really like that. And these people shouldn't be considered fans.

There are also people like Juan Pablo who exaggerate the support your local club thing.

pulga

Banned
Hope everything turns out ok Will.

--

Fuck me, I was devastated at half time. Bayern fan who's a friend gave me this massive pep talk, telling me all about how he was at Allianz Arena when Bayern lost to Chelsea and how ANYTHING can happen in football, good or bad. When Ramos dropped the header (7th goal!!!), I celebrated like a maniac on the spot and then went right to hug the kraut bastard <3 MIA SAN MIA

oh, by the way i bought a megaphone after the match. Hindu guy was peddling it at 15 and I brought it down to 10. Rome was not pleased with me, I think lol

3Sixty

You guys don't understand how tough it is to go through school as a Southampton fan when you got Man United cunts everywhere.

shut up Lin's

we have not won squat on 12 years. a couple of ligas and copas and no UCL final and yet we are glory hunters

12 years of Barca humiliation and we are glory hunters

12 Years of Lyon s and Alcorcons

tell that to Barca supporters that switched to Bayern or Atletico since their team did like shit this year. those are the glory hunters

Go back to your hotel and contact authorities if he doesn't show up.

We're staying at a friends in Clapham. And he did pull, but we managed to get the girls number and she doesn't know where he is either.

The worrying thing is that it shouldn't have been too hard to find his way back, it's not a complex route or anything. If I'd have been separated I'd have been able to find my way back easily enough. One of our other mates got separated and he got here fine, and he's literally the shittest person for things like that, he forgot his passport when we went to Ibiza for god's sake!

pulga

Banned
Looooool looking at that video Bud posted, Varane kicked the ball very softly at Simeone. Way I read it I thought he had blasted it at the bench or something. Way overblown by Simeone, fucking childish cunt.

bud

a hundred million euro footballer who can't actually play football with his feet.

there is no crow to eat.
there is only a glass of water to drink.
followed by a peanut butter sandwich to eat and a tea to drink.
followed by a piece of chocolate cake to eat.

i'm going to need you to understand.

GorillaJu

Did you guys really enjoy the CL final, outside of supporters of the involved teams? I thought it was a really dire game, every attack ended in a wayward ball over the top that found no one or a shot off target, and there were so many fouls there was no flow whatsoever to the game, until Atletico were so worn out that Real just dominated the ball and eventually scored their goals. I had to stop myself from dozing off (well it did start at 3:45am) a few times.

pulga

Banned
a hundred million euro footballer who can't actually play football with his feet.

there is no crow to eat.
there is only a glass of water to drink.
followed by a peanut butter sandwich to eat and a tea to drink.
followed by a piece of chocolate cake to eat.

i'm going to need you to understand.

they just posted like three gifs like 10 posts back you numbskull

"cant play with his feet"

gareth-bale-goal-against-schalke-b.gif

bud pls i thought you were better than this ;_;

bud

look simeone could've died alright that ball travelled towards him pretty fast and it was unexpected what do you want him to do just sit there like a bitch named bale who takes the hair out of ronaldo's eye or massages him on the pitch seriously

Wilbur

Banned
Did you guys really enjoy the CL final, outside of supporters of the involved teams? I thought it was a really dire game, every attack ended in a wayward ball over the top that found no one or a shot off target, and there were so many fouls there was no flow whatsoever to the game, until Atletico were so worn out that Real just dominated the ball and eventually scored their goals. I had to stop myself from dozing off (well it did start at 3:45am) a few times.

I really enjoyed it, at least until the Bale goal. It was so tense, I love watching Atletico execute their game plan, the last twenty minutes when the Madrid pressure kept growing I was on the edge of my seat and kept jumping up or exclaiming when there was tackles and missed chances.

Much better than last year's final.

We're staying at a friends in Clapham. And he did pull, but we managed to get the girls number and she doesn't know where he is either.

The worrying thing is that it shouldn't have been too hard to find his way back, it's not a complex route or anything. If I'd have been separated I'd have been able to find my way back easily enough. One of our other mates got separated and he got here fine, and he's literally the shittest person for things like that, he forgot his passport when we went to Ibiza for god's sake!

All the more reason why I'd get the authorities involved. I think it's best you head back to your friends place and wait it out there till he shows up. When the authorities arrive brief them about the situation and see what they suggest.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom