• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It's a bit like paying £30 million for Shaw though. It's £60 million for many years of assured talent.

Isnt Strootman very injury prone? I dont want another Hargreaves :3

Also Pogba left us once, i dunno

I am wracked with doubt

Marc

Oh yeah, its only half time... hmmm... this is a challenge.

Henderson's passing has been all over the place, then when he finally gives Rooney an easy one to get him in a position with time on the ball and space to run into, he fucks it up

Putting some moves together now

Honestly mate, I fear for him at the top level. I really want to be wrong but you get so much less time on the ball at this level and CL, you have to be smarter. Italy will be a real challenge, if he can puff out his chest a bit and keep his head up and keep the ball well then he would have come a long way.

Rooney just breaks down attack after attack, will no doubt get a tap in since this is a lower level team. Then again they're a team in a WC, which he struggles with.

Needs to play in the middle. Really does.

Roy's got him as a winger.

He hasn't even been that good, nor has Sturridge and yet they stand out amongst the team.

That is really depressing.

Clegg

It's a bit like paying £30 million for Shaw though. It's £60 million for many years of assured talent.
Or until Riaola trya to engineer another big money move. Lots of doubts about Pogbas commitment to any one club. There's also the fact that he's talked badly about the club in the past.

Or until Riaola trya to engineer another big money move. Lots of doubts about Pogbas commitment to any one club. There's also the fact that he's talked badly about the club in the past.

Not the club, Ferguson. And in that respect I think we can all agree Ferguson erred to a huge degree.

Marc

Guys we're going to win the world cup.

Our best chance is hoping every other team injures their own players until there is no one left.

All according to keikaku

Get Barkley on.

Yes KILLER!

Judging by how Woy thinks, he is probably sat there "I could put Barkley on, but what if he does really well, everyone will tell me I have to play him. Best not risk it."

Wilbur

Banned
I'm out of work

Delayed

Lightning

nil nil

s7FDL7s.jpg

pulsemyne

And people say that england shouldn't pick players from so-called lesser teams. They would be a damn sight better than this shower of shit. At least they would have a go.

Honestly mate, I fear for him at the top level. I really want to be wrong but you get so much less time on the ball at this level and CL, you have to be smarter. Italy will be a real challenge, if he can puff out his chest a bit and keep his head up and keep the ball well then he would have come a long way.

Rooney just breaks down attack after attack, will no doubt get a tap in since this is a lower level team. Then again they're a team in a WC, which he struggles with.

He hasn't even been that good, nor has Sturridge and yet they stand out amongst the team.

That is really depressing.

Henderson has been doing what he should be doing in the last 10 minutes, just picking up the ball, waiting for someone to close him down and leave their position, thrn shifting it 10 or 15 yards for the attack to begin properly. Having him in a role where he's trying to start attacks with long balls and inch-perfect passes is just stupid, and he shouldn't be in the team if that's the role he's to be given

I don't think he'll ever be quite good enough at passing to play as one of a midfield 2 at the very top level, but he can in a midfield 3 where he always has someone within 15 yards to pass to, or drag a player away to create space for him to move into

ghst

thanks for the laugh
sure we're playing like shit, but iunno, it's a weird fucking match and honduras seem to be determined to make a reus happen somewhere (joke's on them, we don't have a reus). for the players, there's no winning, only various ways of losing, be it through being cut from the first team, injury or going 1-0 down.

i don't think anyone really wants to be on that pitch a minute longer than they have to.

GQman2121

Banned
Holy shit, while opening up the US/Nigeria stream, I just got hit with a pop-up of live action cosplay of Chun-Li getting eaten out at both ends by two other girls. I almost spit my coffee out all over my computer.

I'll look that up later

Scum

Holy shit, while opening up the US/Nigeria stream, I just got hit with a pop-up of live action cosplay of Chun-Li getting eaten out at both ends by two other girls. I almost spit my coffee out all over my computer.

I'll look that up later

ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

defel

I almost think we would see the best of England against a team stretching England's back four a bit. We dont have the ability to pass tightly through the midfield but we do have real threat and speed up-front

pulsemyne

FootyGAF XI > Sturridge & Lallana > England

I do get a bit annoyed at the idea that you should only pick players from big clubs because that means they must be good. It's such a stupid idea. I mean Ashley Young plays for Man united and he is shockingly shit. A lot of the big clubs have some poor players.
England also have zero pace with this team. They will be torn apart against the bigger teams.

Guys

Guysssssssss, you had Pogba. You disrespected him, you lost him.

He isn't going back to play in a club on the downturn without European football. Whatever United are willing to pay, there'll be a 'project' club that will pay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom